Poll: Wishes

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I choose wish number 2. I think I could pull it off possibly. If I die my family we be set for life, so it's worth the risk

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish 2, because you can go out and buy wish 1 over and over again.

It tells me to pick one of two wishes, not when to pick it. I'd try to get out myself, if I make it I'd wish for the cash, otherwise for the cellphone!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    Wish 2, because you can go out and buy wish 1 over and over again.
    Good luck finding an apple store in this desert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a 50/50 toss up. But I would choose the cell phone. To either call for help or call loved ones/family before I was mauled by a 20ft cactus that appeared out of nowhere & continued to teabag me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Amazing how many people would chose death out of greed.

Though you should put in the OP, that if you die, no relative or anyone gets the money, it was only yours and only if you've have gotten to civilization you could have shared it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 12:07 PM ----------

Fine wise guy, you're in the desert, who knows how many miles from civ, where do you buy a phone from? Man, it's like people don't even bother to read 3 lines anymore...
    My comment was not based on greed. I could pretty much care less about the money, But if there is a 50% or more chance that I would die out in the desert and my final act could be to give my family the 250 million that would be my choice.

I'm not sure if your comment was meant to be directed at me so forgive me if I misinterpreted you.

Wish 1. I don't give a damn about the money if I have no idea if I'll live. Rather be able to get home and get by than maybe rot in the desert.

"Oh but what about your loved ones who might get the money?" If they'd go with the money over my life then they're no loved ones of mine.
    "Oh but what if civilization is not that far away from your location?" Well tough luck for me then... I'm not taking that risk.

Wish 2. I've been stranded in the bush which isn't exactly the same but I made it out of that with no supplies. Worst case situation I already have a will so I know I'll die and good will come from it.

Wish 2, because when rich people go missing everyone comes looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Cell. What use is 250 million dollars if you're dead? Besides, any amount of millions won't make you happy, happiness comes from the inside, not from your wallet.
    True, you can't buy happiness; money is happiness!

OT: Wish 2.
    I'd rather live than die.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Deleted
    2. But then I'm pretty suicidal so I wouldn't chose 1 regardless.

Wish 2. If there is phone coverage and you are able to call for help immediately, then it sounds like you're close to a settlement anyway.

Deleted
    Wish 2, all islands are surveyed frequently, all of them. I could handle a couple of weeks foraging for 250 million, I've done much more for less. That thing where the guy gets stranded for 10 years is statistically impossible, with an S.O.S it would be approximately 13 days at the most remote island.

Look, the simplicity of this situation is beyond any excuse to choose wish #1.

As soon as you get $250M in your account,

1) The bank will start chasing you to become their exclusive client with this/that and all the bull crap.
    2) The police will start looking for you, usually for high end bribe, but to some extent for questioning you how the heck you got all that money.
    3) Your distant relatives and that clingy uncle who made your last family company go out of business will do everything to find you.

the list would go on.

Trust me, you will have the final relaxing/happy hours if not minutes in that desert as soon as you choose wish 2. Someone's going to get u out of there. At least to make sure you change your "All my belongings should be given to charities" style testament.
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2012-09-16 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Wish 2 and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish 2 all the way. I could easily find a 'Wilson' and live it up caveman style until found.

Deleted
    There's no point in choosing wish 2 if you're stuck in an island now is there? Wish 1 of course, tbh I also don't care much about money so wish 2 under these circumstances is just a big no.

Wish #2, quite simple really, if the phone has service then your way out of there is surely not too far away.

Deleted
    The second of course. I'd rather die rich than live poor ಠ__ಠ

Deleted
    It doesn't really matter. For the Murphy's law wichever decision you would take it would be wrong.