10+ Year Old Account

10m Raid comp Spell Hase buff necessary?

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

So this seems to be the comp my guild will be running for the beginning of T14. Is this OK even though we don't have anyone with a spell haste buff as a main spec? All my healers technically have it in their OS but how detrimental will it be? I think there should be some other class that can bring it to raid. It's not like it wouldn't be beneficial to the 3 healers and 2 dps casters in group. Or is this an intended shortcoming by the devs to keep things somewhat balanced? Any ideas here?

Can the hunter not cover it?
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Get the hunter to bring a Sporebat, problem solved (Raidcomp hasn't been updated since that was hotfixed in). You don't have any other buffs that the hunter will need to bring a specific pet for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah! Thank you didn't realize that was a bug. I thought it was odd the Hunter couldn't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Ah! Thank you didn't realize that was a bug. I thought it was odd the Hunter couldn't do it!
    As a caster, You can feel if your missing it. Atleast I notice it greatly. Even though its maybe only like .1 seconds off a cast lol

if you have legit dps they might be able to roll with the punches, but on prenerf heroic progression your healers are really going to feel the hit. especially that resto druid with his hot breakpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    if you have legit dps they might be able to roll with the punches, but on prenerf heroic progression your healers are really going to feel the hit. especially that resto druid with his hot breakpoints.
    Any dot-based dps (like the aff lock) should feel it just as bad as the resto druid, really .
    But yea, hunters sporebats seem to have Mind Quickening now - if it's a bug or not we don't know yet, but I'd assume not (as only the 3 hybrid casters can bring it apart from that). On the other hand, it's very odd that we have a buff that we can't take advantage of in any way. Even the 10% spellcaster pets provides us with other nifty stuff (like a combat ress and 5% crit), that we CAN use.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2012-09-16 at 03:52 AM.

Spell haste is definitely necessary, I believe heaps of classes have haste breakpoints. It is also usually the best scaling stat for the majority of casters. Its baffling that Blizzard claims otherwise, since they've always maintained that they play the game.

Hunters do bring the spell haste buff now, likely a last minute band-aid fix. GC confirmed it.

spell haste is also the one buff we are struggling to cover in my 10 man i do feel that maybe one more class should get spell haste.

Deleted
    It's probably worth noting that many of the fights in this tier look like they are intended to be 2-healed, so one of your healers could dual spec to cover it on occasion.