Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why is it that when someone complains about their weight, they hardly recognize that maybe its the way they eat that is causing them to be fat in the first place? Is it because people like this are in denial and don't want to admit they eat like crap? I have a friend who is always talking about how fat she is, and how no guys want to date her. I think she says things like this because she knows I am in shape and she just wants any good looking guy she can get her hands on. I want to just be like: "well if you didn't eat shit all the time, maybe you wouldn't be such a fatass and actually have a boyfriend." (i'm one of her few guy friends, but I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings)

You would think overweight people would get a clue and recognize the real cause of their obesity. Why eat crap, when it leads to so many health problems, not to mention being fat?
    Because its obviously a thyroid problem and can be cured by a pill. I have a "relative" that complains about it a lot, while they do next to nothing activity wise at all and think that work is actually "working out". Their job is sitting behind a computer and talking on the phone BTW. The sad thing about it, to me, is that overweight people tend to always put it on "being skinny" versus the real issue which is being healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    "And you wonder why" erm...no actually, I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    - Availability of unhealthy components of easy-to-make convenience food.
    - Unhealthy crap is a lot cheaper than healthy home-made foods
    This is why. This is probably the reason for MOST people with weight issues. Though when I finally tipped the scales at 271 (at 6'2, btw), I decided it was time to get back into shape. Down to 250 now, and I'm up to benching 190 :-) I walk home three miles (half of it is up hill) four days a week. I'd walk to work, but I can't motivate myself to wake up that early lol. I stopped drinking sodas (this was a biggie), I eat smaller portions, which in effect makes meals cost less which is also nice. I can get two or even three meals out of something that used to only be one. Sure, I was fucking STARVING for the first week I did this, but you eventually get used to it.

I think the hardest part was just getting it STARTED. Once you get into the routine, it just goes like clockwork. That was my biggest issue. I've had so many false starts over the years I'd practically given up. But a financial crisis left me without bus fare for a couple of weeks to get to and from work, so I just bused in the morning and walked home at night...and now that I have the money for more fare, I still just walk home. Sure, once winter sets in I won't be able to do so every day, but I'm going to as long as I can. Hell, I may even get back up to running.

I guess another thing to add to the list Darsithis made is "social reasons". If you and your friends like to go out to eat often, say, to places like Taco Bell, Mc D's, etc, it's not easy (or even cheap, for that matter) to eat healthy. Sometimes you don't even think about it. You're out with your friends, you all order food, you all eat and enjoy the company, and don't even think about all of this ending up on your belly and hips.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-09-18 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    "And you wonder why" erm...no actually, I don't.

This is why. This is probably the reason for MOST people with weight issues. Though when I finally tipped the scales at 271 (at 6'2, btw), I decided it was time to get back into shape. Down to 250 now, and I'm up to benching 190 :-) I walk home three miles (half of it is up hill) four days a week. I'd walk to work, but I can't motivate myself to wake up that early lol. I stopped drinking sodas (this was a biggie), I eat smaller portions, which in effect makes meals cost less which is also nice. I can get two or even three meals out of something that used to only be one. Sure, I was fucking STARVING for the first week I did this, but you eventually get used to it.

I think the hardest part was just getting it STARTED. Once you get into the routine, it just goes like clockwork. That was my biggest issue. I've had so many false starts over the years I'd practically given up. But a financial crisis left me without bus fare for a couple of weeks to get to and from work, so I just bused in the morning and walked home at night...and now that I have the money for more fare, I still just walk home. Sure, once winter sets in I won't be able to do so every day, but I'm going to as long as I can. Hell, I may even get back up to running.

I guess another thing to add to the list Darsithis made is "social reasons". If you and your friends like to go out to eat often, say, to places like Taco Bell, Mc D's, etc, it's not easy (or even cheap, for that matter) to eat healthy. Sometimes you don't even think about it. You're out with your friends, you all order food, you all eat and enjoy the company, and don't even think about all of this ending up on your belly and hips.
    If your goal is just to lose weight, you can eat Taco Bell and be fine. Just take down the calories and make sure you don't go over your calorie limit for the day. If you're trying to gain muscle while losing body fat, Taco Bell is still something you can eat, although you're probably better off eating something with more protein and less wasted calories on carbs and fat.

If your goal is to eat food that doesn't taste like it came out of a monkey's asshole, then don't eat Taco Bell.

It's been said before but I'll say it again: people constantly confuse "eating healthy" with "losing weight". You can eat healthy and gain weight, and you can eat crap and lose weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just say the borderline helpful, borderline bitchy line: "If you think you're fat, why not eat better and exercise?" Then you're not saying "I think you are fat," nor are you saying "you're wrong, you're at a perfectly healthy weight for your size."

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

alot of fat people (esp fat women) will blame there weight on a health problem or genetics and are too lazy to do anything about it.
    i once knew this girl who was chubby but not overweight,

she kept eating so much but everytime she ate she just tells us that she cant lose the weight because of a health problem.
    but looking at her eat we realize that she is that way because of her eating habits
    and she is using her health problems as a scapegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that when someone complains about their weight, they hardly recognize that maybe its the way they eat that is causing them to be fat in the first place? Is it because people like this are in denial and don't want to admit they eat like crap? I have a friend who is always talking about how fat she is, and how no guys want to date her. I think she says things like this because she knows I am in shape and she just wants any good looking guy she can get her hands on. I want to just be like: "well if you didn't eat shit all the time, maybe you wouldn't be such a fatass and actually have a boyfriend." (i'm one of her few guy friends, but I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings)

You would think overweight people would get a clue and recognize the real cause of their obesity. Why eat crap, when it leads to so many health problems, not to mention being fat?
    Poe's Law.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 11:14 PM ----------

1) I am certainly not fat whatsoever. I work out, go to the gym and look great.

2) I did exactly what you are insuiating that i do. I got educated and did something about being slightly overweight. Im healthier, happier, and better looking as a result.

This is about why people complain about their weight, and yet they still eat crap and expect a different result?
    Poe's Law.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.