View Poll Results: What do you roll on in LFD

Voters
205. This poll is closed
  • I roll on everything and I don't care.

30 14.63%
  • I roll on everything and feel bad sometimes.

19 9.27%
  • I role on MS only and I am noble.

156 76.10%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Well, I'm always Ret with Holy offspec. I always queue dungeons as both, then fulfill the role that it picks for me; I also only take loot for that role. This is for levelling purposes, quests will upgrade my DPS gear and dungeons will keep my healing gear on par. At level cap I spam with guildies and friends anyway since it always annoys me having people take gear I need for the spec I'm playing for their offspec.

It's not only DPS who do it anyways, I've had just as many Paladin tanks take healing gear from me, or roll on the 2h I'm trying to farm for Ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    I roll main spec, and wait to roll last on offspec (which I will roll Need if no one else rolls Need). It has nothing to do with being noble, it's just I have a thin skin and if people call me a ninja I'll probably be upset for the rest of the run.

I couldn't find a better thread for this question so i'm throwing it here.

Have they changed the bag reward you get at the end of randoms? I'm sure back when I last played WoW (6 months ago) you could get a bag 7 times a week. I've just queued for my first ever dungeon run on a level 15 alt and it's suggesting I only have 1 bag left this week. Is this a recent change I missed? Or a bug?

Corylyn: I'm the same.. i'd rather go without gear than be accused of doing something like ninjaing.

Deleted
    During the first weeks I roll for my main spec only (everyone needs gear), later I ask if I could roll for my OS (everyone has his/her main spec geared).

Deleted
    I only need on my role's items unless, sometimes, there is something I really need and it's not meant for my role. I feel sorry but that's how it's gonna be. For example, being a tank and needing a dps weapon.

Besides, during leveling everyone needs on everything. No one expects the tank to actually quest in a tank spec. Or the healer to quest in a healing spec (talking about classes like paladin or druid, not priest who can use the same gear for healing and damage while leveling).
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-09-19 at 10:47 PM.

I roll need on everything. I rather gear up fast.

At the start of expansions i always run dungeons with my guild, i never run with randoms so i do not have to deal with this situation(untill after the first raiding tier has been cleared and you start runing dungeons with randoms again)

It's all good. They are the reason why blizz is going to make everything that you queue for be individualized loot like lfr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    Technically, I need only what I actually need and greed everything else.
    this and still i get blamed for ninjaing when i strike some lucky greed wins in a row /sigh

Deleted
    I am a rogue. I saw several agility items drop in heroic dungeons. Its basically imposible gear up since resto druids/feral tanks take all.
    I decided reroll today as a druid. I have already 85 druid. I started doing dungeons and i am needing for all and disenchant after dungeon is over. I keep resto items. I wish blizzard is satisfied

I'm a mage so i only can roll on stuff i can use

You think it's bad now, wait til the Monks get up to 90. The Windwalker and Brewmaster ones use the same gear too.

Welcome to sharing gear.

And btw, Guardians ("Feral Tanks") use your gear to tank. There is no separate gear for them. Don't like randoms stealing gear, queue with guildies/friends.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    The problem now with dungeons is that when you are queuing as a tank or healer, the 'DPS' now are able to que as a DPS in tank or healer spec (because EVERYTHING is so OP even noobs can do pro DPS now) so even if a second roll happens they are also counted in it. I've seen this happen so many times, and usually its DKs. It makes me hate DKs even more than I did before, especially when they don't put in the effort to tank and expect to get tank gear. The funny thing is if they'd just ask instead of ninjaing it I'd probably be nice and say yes, since its rare then happens nowadays. I quit in cata and came back now, MoP just seems to be filled with newbies that dont know or care what happens anymore. Hiding rolls was such a terrible idea anyway, now I have to pre emptvely warn people if they ninja i'll /kick them from the group and it makes me feel like an ass. Im slowly gathering tank gear since DPSers are taking it all....
    It really is causing unnecessary drama, i've seen so many people get angry over this.... FIX IT!

Well, I always pass if someone else needs something even if I need the Ilvl or something. However then that epic agility ring drops on my rogue alt, and of course the DK tank needs and wins it to vendor it, and being noble becomes harder.

Thread necroed please lock

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You can't lose something you never had, champ.
    This is such a scumbag reply.

The problem with LFD loot drops is that it assumes players have some sense of moral code. Then you get dumbasses who need gear for shards, or need it for a spec they don't even play, taking it away from someone who actually needs it. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's ok to do.

That's like saying "Well if you own a weapon you can go kill somebody, so why should I be convicted of murder just because other people aren't using their weapons in the same manner that I am?"

RDF is basically babysitting for any competent player with at least half a brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well, I always pass if someone else needs something even if I need the Ilvl or something. However then that epic agility ring drops on my rogue alt, and of course the DK tank needs and wins it to vendor it, and being noble becomes harder.
    That sucks so much... epic sword drops for my tank, Panda healer-monk needs on it AND wins for transmog! I dont see why they cant make the rolling system role specific i.e if you can only role on items with stats to your role in a dungeon with a 2nd roll for OS...