Poll: Would you be with someone with HIV?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely not. Can you imagine thinking, every time you sleep with her, "Will this be the sex that gives me HIV?"

Forget that, man.

If I loved him that much, yes.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! doesn't bother me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Well, with even the chances being so low, is it really not understandable when someone just doesent want to risk it? even if its a 1in mil. people don't want to risk being that 1. i know how you can possibly prevent getting it, and what you can do to reduce the chances but i still just wouldnt/couldnt
    it has nothing to do with education ( not in everyone's case)

I don't see what the point is to be in a relationship with a HIV+ person at all though, you're practically just friends

That's not true because, see, some of my friends I also have sex with.

Sex =/= Relationship, and Friendship =/= no sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Considering its illegal to knowingly give someone HIV the person you were with and yourself would be quite foolish if you were planning on having sex...

If it's someone you just meet or have been dating for a few months then you gtfo like your hairs on fire. But my fiancee is a nurse. If she came home infected from an accident at work would be a different story. I would probably put her on christianmingle.com and show them god.

No, I wouldn't. It's an unnecessary risk that isn't needed in life. I also wouldn't want to put my children at risk of getting HIV from their mother.

Deleted
    Because I don't want to have sex anyway: Yes, I think I'd give them a chance. Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I actually don't have a desire to live too long. All the goals i've set in my life for myself i can accomplish far sooner than whatever age i'd be when i'd die from the HIV. If i really loved someone, i'd be willing to risk getting HIV (and this is coming from a gay person, by the way).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I actually don't have a desire to live too long. All the goals i've set in my life for myself i can accomplish far sooner than whatever age i'd be when i'd die from the HIV. If i really loved someone, i'd be willing to risk getting HIV (and this is coming from a gay person, by the way).
    Though with HIV you don't die "fast" either with medication you'd still live moderatly long. it kind of seems invalid

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Though with HIV you don't die "fast" either with medication you'd still live moderatly long. it kind of seems invalid
    Well, my point is, i don't really care. I wouldn't be too bothered if i died before 60 or 50. Just not before 40 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner seems to have no issues being with me despite my HIV+ status

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDK View Post
    Considering its illegal to knowingly give someone HIV the person you were with and yourself would be quite foolish if you were planning on having sex...
    No one said you wouldn't tell them

Not worth the risk. There's plenty of other fish in the sea. The idea of a perfect "soulmate" is bs. Odds are there's always going to be someone you have more in common with, so with that in mind I would pass on the HIV person, and wait for someone healthier to come along that has just as much in common, and a similar personality.

i wouldn't. i'm not the kind to play odds and that's exactly what you have to be willing to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I loved them, yes, absolutely.

HIV is not the terror it once was.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Heck no. I would barrelroll right the fuck out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Well, my point is, i don't really care. I wouldn't be too bothered if i died before 60 or 50. Just not before 40 or so.
    It is an extremely horrible and painful way to go tho, once AIDS break out and you go really sick.

No chance in hell. Friends sure, but not an intimate relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope , wouldnt risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm far too paranoid for something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    If I loved them, yes, absolutely.

HIV is not the terror it once was.
    death from HIV/AIDS has remained relatively stable the past 20 years. people aren't dying at a lower rate and you have about a 5% chance of getting HIV from someone with HIV if you live with them, unprotected sex isn't recommended and your chances of acquisition increase if you have any type of intercourse.

HIV isn't the common cold.