Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reminds me of classic leveling. That was some good stuff, I think it took me 3 months to level to 60 on my druid.

I think this is great stuff, it brings something that was missing while leveling up.
    as for the griefers, I am pretty positive they will go away once mop hits.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    I personally don't like CRZ, but that doesn't mean I'll quit over it. Just a new feature to they game that isn't as well received as they thought.
    I disagree, I think they are smart enough to realize that every change they make will be met with a certain amount of hostility. I believe it was GC that said that inertia in game design is a serious hurdle to overcome... you can´t just change for the sake of change. I believe they added it up and decided

1. New players playing in worlds that feel ´alive´.
    2. World pvp in zones
    3. The reverse tech is going to be used to keep Jade Forest playable during launch (more than one Jade Forest per server).

Outweighed
    4. Players that are now finding too much pvp
    5. Players that don´t like competing for rare spawns and nodes.

The devs surely knew there would be people in 4 and 5. But my guess is #1 was the real deciding factor. I am sure a lot of new players didn´t like the fact that they had two choices.. play a solo game from 1-80, or group in dungeons that were go go go with people in heirlooms (not even going to mention trying to do bgs against people in heirlooms).

We will see what the devs say about nodes and rare spawns.. I believe they are bugged right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    because EVERYONE wanted their server to be populated, right? typical forum poster.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I think if Blizz enables Cross-Realm-Zones for MoP new zones would be a pretty good reason to quit. I wonder why they would include that tech on those zones just to make levelling more challenging (more people trying to tag mobs etc).

(In early expansion release, when there's already enough players doing the same thing on every server)
    They have already said a big part of the reason they developed this new tech was that it worked in the opposite direction also. This tech is probably the biggest reason there is only one starter zone, Jade Forest... because now they can split a realm up into multiple versons of Jade Forest. The tech works both ways.

Well, up to now, CRZ only has bothered me. Farming Fel Iron, Adamantite and Cobalt has become a paint in the back. Is pretty lame when you are a lvl65 DK farming the only adamantite ore you found in a full round over Nargrand and face a lvl-skull (yes, 85) who thinks is funny to oneshoot your sad ass in a blink. I'm ok with CRZ'd players on the same range of levels, that will be a lot of fun (world-pvp), but 15lvls higher is just overkill and has totally un-pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    The majority loves it. I don't get the big deal.. i really enjoy it. No matter what blizz does people will hate!
    Are u sure the majority love it?if yes them im sure the majority hated it.And i say that coz for example at Storm Peaks 95% of people speaking in /1 says that they dont like it.
    i dont like it either and i can explain(u dindnt why u enjoy it).First rare spwn time messed up.Second im on a high pop eu server,and with the crz system my server becomes overpopulated.That means the hell of lag even on areas until recently fps and ms has very good numbers.Also try farming......try tame a rare spwn pet....etc etc.
    If blizz wants keep the crz system then imao the best solution is crz will only take place between low and midium pop servers and let high and full ones out of this.
    try now questing on pvp server and im sure many will quit coz of very high ganging.how u will feel if u see everytime 10 or more opposite faction players ganging u without let u take a breath?
    I can tell u lot of example about how bad is that crz.
    About blizz u say.if they do good changes people like it.if not people hated it .And the crz like it is now is worst thing ever blizz done.
    At least for now is only on testing period.

I think if Blizz enables Cross-Realm-Zones for MoP new zones would be a pretty good reason to quit. I wonder why they would include that tech on those zones just to make levelling more challenging (more people trying to tag mobs etc).

(In early expansion release, when there's already enough players doing the same thing on every server)
    Im pretty sure they said they weren't doing this because those zones will be full anyway. An even if they did they have the ability to break your server up into sub servers kinda like how GW2 handles this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Outweighed
    4. Players that are now finding too much pvp
    5. Players that don´t like competing for rare spawns and nodes.
    The problem is not the competition of the nodes.

Let's say there are 1000 nodes in Uldum(or wherever you will be farming). One server has 40 000 players, other has 4 000 players, and let's assume both sides has the same percentage of farmers. Then it's reasonable to believe that only 10% of the nodes intended to go into one server goes into it. Which will make the prices go up, and it will get harded for people to level their professions, and buying stuff of the AH in general.

A crz ah would help a great deal, but from what i understand that is some time away (if it ever get's implanted)

Ah well, haven't read about that, hopefully it's working as it should on Tuesday then, it could really ease the levelling if they limit players for each "instance" properly.
    From what i've understood CRZ won't be active at the launch of MoP in MoP zones.
    Last edited by Maruta; 2012-09-21 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you don't like that, then maybe you should've rolled on a PvE server instead, since that's what they're for.
    I rolled on a PvP server where the opposing faction is vastly outnumbered, so I didn't have to worry about getting ganked - except occasionally.

Now? It all depends how Blizzard tunes/balances CRZ.

I won't re-roll to a different server - too much hassle, not to mention the cost. If I get annoyed from ganking I'll be gone soon, if not I'll probably enjoy MoP.

It's that simple, <shrug>.

(Though I expect Blizzard will get the tuning right, I think they already made some stealth-changes in addition to those in the patch notes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    If enough of them quit, we might get decent raids without nerfs and stuff.
    You think the people who like to gank lowbies, npcs and unprepared questers are the ones looking for challenging content? They want pushovers, otherwise they'd be doing arena or some other equal fights.

boring threats that no one cares about.
    Majority of them are faking it, and the rest will come back at MoP release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...92325?page=530

People are posting in this thread claiming they are "quitting WoW" and "masses will leave" if CRZ stays.

Is anyone laughing their ass off at that as much as I am? You are quitting a popular game with a whole bunch of new content on tuesday because you don't want to play with more players in an MMOrpg. Ha ha, oh man.
    A lot of people who loved the game no longer love it and feel they have nothing left to play for..hardly something to laugh at.

My thoughts: after spending years undermining the realm communities and the way they used to self-police, Blizzard has decided to throw hundreds of random anonymous people into outdoor zones together. We're all now surprised that many are griefing anarchic hooligans who just want to troll others. I mean, REALLY?

People don't want their zones cluttered with random people, they want them full of people from within their realm community. Blizzard can try all it likes to promote x-realm friendship but it will never take off.

Overall, could there possibly ever be a more shockingly ignorant example of human psychology?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think over the course of the last several years people have been accustomed to a certain way of playing the game and with the implementation of CRZ this severely affects that mind set. Some people never react well to change. Whether this change has a positive or negative effect wont be truly determined until we let this thing play out for several months.

A good majority of the responses you see seem to come from a personal and selfish point of view (IE: I can't do dailies, I can't mine & herb etc) or just having trouble adapting to the changes such as being ganked and not knowing how to avoid it happening repeatedly (it is possible ya know). Some people also seem pretty impatient in not accepting that this is a new feature that's still buggy and still being perfected. I think the most important thing forgotten in all this is that this game is a MMO, a Massively multiplayer online game, not a single player game. The most fun I've had while playing this game has never been while mining or questing a lone in some random zone, but with a group of people/friends and CRZ increases the opportunity for that kind of game play a lot.

For the most part the criticism against CRZ are largely overstated and the few people who bring up valid points get lost in the shuffle of the complainers who always seem to have a louder voice. I don't think we'll see any mass sub drop from CRZ, it's all talk and I'm calling their bluff.

I think it is rather silly.

I enjoy CRZ a lot. It's nice to cross paths with people occasionally while out leveling. It's great to see the zones feel alive again.

There was also a massive cross realm pvp event outside the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands which awesome amounts of fun as well.

The only problem I have had is that I got phased into another realm just as I saw a rare and attempted to kill him. That was a bit disappointing but my only grudge really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysko View Post
    Reminds me of classic leveling. That was some good stuff, I think it took me 3 months to level to 60 on my druid.

I think this is great stuff, it brings something that was missing while leveling up.
    as for the griefers, I am pretty positive they will go away once mop hits.
    Except in classic leveling you could form friendships and rivalries. There was a reason for other players to be there other than just to make the world feel alive.

It's so annoying to level any new alts or farm mats for professions due to none being around and being ganked non stop on a PvP server. If i had of know that CRZ would of been coming to WoW i would of stayed on a PvE server. The prices of Crafting mats will sky rocket now since there is no supply to meet the demand, and everyone says CRZ are a good thing, how when everything is going to cost a lot more now.

I canceled my sub / MoP pre order since this isn't the WoW i want to play, waiting half an hour to get a quest complete is total bs or being ganked by someone at max level is fun? CRZ needs an Opt in / out button for this to work.

You people need to wake up.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2012-09-21 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    There's a Change.org on this topic? Good lord, really?
    I saw that too. /deskface /deskface /deskface
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    It's so annoying to level any new alts or farm mats for professions due to none being around and being ganked non stop on a PvP server. If i had of know that CRZ would of been coming to WoW i would of stayed on a PvE server. The prices of Crafting mats will sky rocket now since there is no supply to meet the demand, and everyone says CRZ are a good thing, how when everything is going to cost a lot more now.

I canceled my sub / MoP pre order since this isn't the WoW i want to play, waiting half an hour to get a quest complete is total bs or being ganked by someone at max level is fun? CRZ needs an Opt in / out button for this to work.

You people need to wake up.
    So wait, you're mad because you're experiencing too much PvP after xfering PvE>PvP?
    Why did you xfer to PvP in the first place if you don't want to get ganked? Whether or not the population was high before, you could've been ganked. CRZ changes nothing.
    Next time, think twice before xfering off carebear, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
    I've never understood why those who quit any game feel the need to make posts about quitting.
    Most people on the official forums are attention whores, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They just need to keep CRZ to PvP servers, or allow you to opt-in if you want. I play on a low pop PvE server for a reason, getting forced into having to compete with people I will never see again was bad enough with LFG. When I spend 45 mins on quests in Zangarmarsh JUST waiting for the mobs to respawn, or a named quest mob to respawn there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Currently it feels to me like the high-pop realms have gotten too fat, and low-pop realms have gotten too thin, and Blizz's answer was to unbutton the pants of the high-pop realms assuming "Meh they are low-pop and we think that they won't mind. HAVE SOME HIGH-POP FILTH!"

You know how people who quit WoW always love to brag about it on game forums?

"I quit WoW because LFD ruined the community!"

"I quit WoW when it became a casual-fest!"

"I quit WoW because of stupid Pandas!"

What are the CRZ quitters going to brag about on other game boards?

"I quit WoW because there were other players in the zone I was in!!"

I think that's pretty funny, personally.