Page 1 of 2
LastLast

50 % additional haste given from soul reaper when killing snakes, pets etc?

This could be really overpowered. If you see hunter snakes on the ground, use soul reaper to kill them, you'll get waaay too much haste. Can anyone confirm if this works on the beta?

Good question. I'd personally expect it to work on targets that also count for dark succor procs and such, and I dont think that procs. Not sure though, I'm a PvEer and I cant check now :P Confirmation would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently don't have the beta installed, so I can't check I'm afraid. This would make for some VERY fun fights though.

So i just hopped on beta.

Killed some critters, and the 50% haste effect does indeed proc.
    Interesting....

Killing critters midfight during raids is gonna be... special, I guess? Havnt had a look at any new raids or dungeons yet, but that'd need a fix probably. Can already see the deathgrip soul reaper rats to hoax dmg.

(Yay 200th post )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Killing critters midfight during raids is gonna be... special, I guess? Havnt had a look at any new raids or dungeons yet, but that'd need a fix probably. Can already see the deathgrip soul reaper rats to hoax dmg.

(Yay 200th post )
    Well that still requires critters to be inside the raids. If anything, they've removed them from the raids

Well I dont know, thats why I mentioned I havnt checked them out yet :P No idea if critters are present

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dont know, thats why I mentioned I havnt checked them out yet :P No idea if critters are present
    Atleast in DS there isn't any critters around

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Atleast in DS there isn't any critters around
    there are quite a few in FL but they're usually not near bosses (besides shannox)

Baleroc has some crawling around his area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well that still requires critters to be inside the raids. If anything, they've removed them from the raids
    They removed most critters from raids because of procs like this. There are other things you can drop though.

Pretty silly discussion. If you go running off to find a critter you'll lose time on target and hurt your performance. Never happen.

Same deal in PvP; remember that runes regen in ~8s. You're going to run around trying to find critters to attack rather than the guy right in front of you?

how about spawnable target dummies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    how about spawnable target dummies?
    I'm going to laugh when the whole raid needs target dummies to boost their DKs xD

You know, there is one spawnable target dummy that players can attack, but I don't know if it's killable or how much health it has. I believe you get it from a rabbid quest, but can't remember the name. Even if it is killable, it won't be useful as a target dummy if you can kill it in 4-5 GCDs, so it wouldn't make sense to spawn one just for the Soul Reaper haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Pretty silly discussion. If you go running off to find a critter you'll lose time on target and hurt your performance. Never happen.

Same deal in PvP; remember that runes regen in ~8s. You're going to run around trying to find critters to attack rather than the guy right in front of you?
    It actually is a single target damage increase to get the soul reaper buff from attacking an irrelevant target, as long as you only use soul reaper on it and don't have to move.

The question is whether or not this ends up being relevant, and the answer is no.

Of course there are plenty of opportunities to get the soul reaper buff from adds dying in pve, but that's another matter.

10+ Year Old Account

50% haste for ~5sec is worth loosing 1 rune. Very much so.

Assuming you can just make a macro to death grip the critter and soul reaper it right away it would be a dps buff

Or a pretty huge buff in pvp if you can use it on hunter snakes or other pets because of how easy they all are to kill right now.

Assuming you can just make a macro to death grip the critter and soul reaper it right away it would be a dps buff
    If there's a critter in range and you know the name before hand and you can macro it with death grip to all happen in one GCD without losing any melee time on your target, if all those things are true, then yes. That seems extraordinarily far-fetched to me.