10+ Year Old Account

Current guild cap

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...related-topics
    Some of you might have gotten an error when you where already in 4 guilds and tried to join another one. We do currently have a cap of 4 guilds per account. We would like to raise this limit in the future, but I cannot give you any ETA on this. We will edit the current error message to better reflect the fact that you have hit the cap.
    In case it was missed, haven't seen it being discussed.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always surprises me that people find time to be in more than one guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Fully agree with that. I am "in" two guilds, but only ever have my personal guild represented with my girlfriend.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in my one actual guild, then my own and two buddies "personal" guilds to help us all get the guild banks for extra space

Deleted
    I was actually in 5 but then the really horrible guild leader of my main guild kicked me for giggles (on my birthday) and then it wouldn't let me rejoin because I was already in 4 so I had to leave one of the smaller ones /sadface to actually rejoin. I'm also in the MMO guild and I've enjoyed talking to people there and running dungeons with a few people even though I'm not on the main server at the minute - can't wait for guesting so I can actually level alts with people in the guild though.

I have a couple of friends that I'm in their guild with for absolutely no reason other than they asked me to, I don't represent with them but sometimes i put stuff in their guild bank (usually horrible dyes... I'm sure they love it really!).

I can juggle two guilds fairly effectively, any more and I'm probably not going to represent or be of any use to them... but I mean, even if you never represent people can still whisper to ask for company in a dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Why do people even join in multiple guilds, is there some benefits?

I was in two guilds, but constantly I got whispers from 2. Guild's leader that I "should" represent his/her guild, instead of my friends one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, aside from the fact that you don't have to restrict yourself to one guild? If I could actually talk in every guild's chat channel at the same time, (obviously with each channel separate from each other), instead of being forced to represent one at a time, I could see the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I was actually in 5 but then the really horrible guild leader of my main guild kicked me for giggles (on my birthday)
    And it was hilarious. Your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

I was in two guilds, but constantly I got whispers from 2. Guild's leader that I "should" represent his/her guild, instead of my friends one.
    Since you can only "represent" one at a time, I don't really get it either.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    And it was hilarious. Your point?
    It was not hilarious! But the point is... the 4 cap guild bug may only affect people who switch guilds at this point, since I was fine in 5 before... so if you're in more than 4 now, don't leave one. Also, not funny (don't kick me) :P

Deleted
    I think it's ok there's a limit, I mean this is not facebook to be in 10000 groups. You chose a few for different reasons, but you really don't need 10 or more.