Deleted

fire blast or no fire blast

Was just curious if frost or arcane mages use fire blast in their rotation. I'm a frost mage and i didnt try so far using it. Just leave here your opinion about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    No, do not use fire blast. I have no idea why you would even consider it.

Deleted
    I think the only use for fire blast is when moving, especially as an arcane mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    It's helpful on Thok as well as for movement. That's why we would consider it.

Deleted
    Well fire blast is part of the "on the run" rotation and you can use it to "fish" for extra AM proc. I don't see why is that bad.
    I often do that when i go under 80% mana till i build my 4 stacks so my AM can do proper damaga and, as i said, i "fish" for another AM proc with fire blast so i can get extra stack of that mana reducing buff for my AB. MOst of the cases i end up with 3 to 4 stacks of it and get almost free 4 stack AB out of it. But when i dont "catch" anything with it just dump my barrage and i start over again x)

My many cents.

Rolled Arcane on my mage, thought I'd check Icy Veins:

Well damn! In all seriousness, I sucked as Arcane and went back Fire, the lack of mobility is horrible!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha nice 'shopped screenshot well I'm happy that Blatty felt sorry for IcyVeins and helped them make a usable guide for Arcane, what was there until now was a tragedy. It now finally looks like something that can compete with mine. (I'm really not a fan of false modesty) There are still some details I disagree with, like using NT on Garrosh or using Glyph of Arcane Power on all encounters and the value of Glyph of Loose Mana. Some things are a matter of dps padding, some a matter of personal choice, while some are really a matter of Blatty being in the world's best guild with the best healers and dps which allows you to not care about some stuff that goes on in encounters once you have them on farm.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2014-03-27 at 02:07 PM.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Fire blast, like Mage Bomb, can be used to fish for AM procs. So it can be used in an Arcane rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Fire blast, like Mage Bomb, can be used to fish for AM procs. So it can be used in an Arcane rotation.
    But only on the move when you have nothing else to do. The damage of Fire Blast is too low to be a rotational spell used to fish for AM procs while standing still and doing damage. It could be worth in some very very special circumstances, but even then it shouldn't be.

Deleted
    Aw the post of Anzen is giving me that bad bad WotLK dejavu and also reminding me how every time a guilde try his mage alt in arcane spec they always ask me exactly the same question
    "ughhh so i spam arcane blast for single target and arcane explosion for aoe and thats it?!? this is so boring spec...". However when i answer like "BUT I OWN YOU ON THE DAMAGE METER SUCKER!" then they think about it cant be that easy and then the tutoring can beggin :P

@ Shangalar

Well tbh Blatty is best arcane mage. He played warlock just for progress sake. As soon they killed he started playing on mage. He have most ranks 1 so I should say that he can give better options how to inc dps and what's best to use on wich encounter.. For example on garrosh if u have to cleave a bit more u will go with Nether logic?

Been playing always with AP glyphed and always was better choice, I either dont line ap correctly or smt happens, like this It's always working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejn View Post
    Well tbh Blatty is best arcane mage.
    No need to visit fail blog; got my daily laugh here.

He have most ranks 1 so I should say that he can give better options how to inc dps and what's best to use on wich encounter
    I don't rank and I can give just as good as options and opinions. Does it falsify my opinion and statements? Nope. Ranks don't mean shit.

Been playing always with AP glyphed and always was better choice, I either dont line ap correctly or smt happens, like this It's always working.
    Unglyphed works just as well, and better, for specific fights. Lines up very well with a 2nd Bindings proc and mana gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I at no point tried to discredited Blatty's skill and performance, but I will definitely argue about him not having to force his way through slow gear upgrades and week after week of trying to kill a progress boss. I'm in a semi-casual guild and I have to sometimes be creative with what I do on boss fights because everyone in the raid is not a top 0.1% player and is far from BiS gear. He helped update the Icy Veins guide in February 2014, when he already had over 12 heroic kills on every encounter.

We can start from the most basic stuff - in his gear he has 50k health more than me. That alone already allows you to modify your gameplay, especially when everyone in the raid has a 575+ item level. That's a huge difference between their guild and people who are still progressing.

And please don't mistake my discussion on practicality as any form of jealousy. I'm happy where I am, raiding with nice and friendly people who do their best as they can. But as far as raw power output we have, it's nothing compared to what they have available. And that makes all the difference in the world when dealing with heroic bosses.

@ Mastamage for u daily laugh I'm glad I could help. Second I acutaly meant that from mages u can watch on their streams he is choice for arcane even if its on French, and what he did when was on Twitch in tier 14 I think it was.

@ Shangalar I wasn't pointing at U at any point. I agree with u on certain things of ur post. Most of us got used on certain way of playing this spec and we go for it. For example I tend to go like he is and it fits me better, others have another way of style etc.

Btw one question I'm doing garrosh and I'm on no duty basicaly staying on boss and dpsing, but I'm wondering if Fire would do more dmg on him overall ? Because phase 4 and transitions.

What should I be doing if I reach 4 stacks and either my immerseus trinket didn't proc or I dont have 2 charges of arcane missle?

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    What should I be doing if I reach 4 stacks and either my immerseus trinket didn't proc or I dont have 2 charges of arcane missle?
    curse the game, dump your stacks and hopefully youll have the procs you need by the time you reach 4 stacks again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    curse the game, dump your stacks and hopefully youll have the procs you need by the time you reach 4 stacks again.
    Is it really optimal to dump and rebuild if your trinkets have proc'd but no missles? From a gut instinct it seems better to AT in this scenario, as you will at least be able to capture your metagem and rppm trinket in alter time even if you don't have any missles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Is it really optimal to dump and rebuild if your trinkets have proc'd but no missles? From a gut instinct it seems better to AT in this scenario, as you will at least be able to capture your metagem and rppm trinket in alter time even if you don't have any missles.
    I believed you said that immerseus didnt proc, I always wait for it to proc.
    Immerseus is a long proc and you can safely rebuild your stacks during it to get missiles too.
    If you didnt get any missiles from the start of the fight until the last 6 sec of immerseus youre just unlucky as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    The short answer to this is no, the long answer is also two letters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    I believed you said that immerseus didnt proc, I always wait for it to proc.
    Immerseus is a long proc and you can safely rebuild your stacks during it to get missiles too.
    If you didnt get any missiles from the start of the fight until the last 6 sec of immerseus youre just unlucky as hell...
    Was someone else who posed the original question, but he said if bindings didn't proc OR he had no missles :P so I assumed he meant two separate scenarios.