27 25.47%
  • Playable

5 4.72%
  • I'd give it a go

22 20.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Turn your specs into resorces (like shadow orbs or DK runes) and you might have something more workable. As it is your class reads like a pen & paper not a button-masher (and yes I've played both).

As a pen and paper I recommend submitting this and anything like it to the bellow link (with some tweaks for the different rule set):
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

They, I'm certain will appreciate your hard work!
    I'm not sure about my reaction to your comment =P. I appreciate your kind observation on my work but i feel that a pen&paper is a very reduced potential... But in any case, what made you think that?

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Dragonsworn

I like it. Did you know about this before the idea?

Could play something along the lines of...

Since the battle against Deathwing, the Dragonflights have become more reliant on the powers of the mortal races.
    TY! Ofc I based the framework on the Dragonsworn from Blizz =). Yes, I think the loss of power from the Dragon aspects and their dragonflights is a good premiss for a more broaden recruitment of Dragonsworns. Check out my sig m8 and see if u like the other classes

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    While I like it in concept...

-Race-bound specs will (probably) never happen.
    -Try to stick to 3 (4 tops) specs.
    -Bronze and Blue can easily be lumped into one category because, frankly, arcane mages are already time wizards.

Would work in concept, but in execution, its pretty meh.
    -Race-bound specs I think are a good way of balancing the high number of specs so that each race would only be able to access 3 specs. I don't see what would be the issue because it's obvious that in this particular case, although any race can become a dragonsworn hero class, if we are to follow the lore, each dragonflight has very strict race restrictions.
    -Why stick to 4 specs when 5 is much more interesting and fun? And even you accepted a possible 4, then why not 5? Let me explain what I have learned from doing these classes. Its not a big of a difference nor is it harder to balance 5 specs more than it is 4 or 3. It all starts and revolves around balancing the class basics with the other classes and the specs will be balanced alongside each others.
    -Nah, arcane mages are no more time wizards than fire or frost specs. They only have slow as extra. But when you say add bronze and blue together, then should I mix time spells from the bronze with the arcane spells from blue in harmony or just use one and loose the other? What would be your solution =)?
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-11-07 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The idea as a whole is pretty decent, however, I'd switch around the specs to fit the dragonflights better.

Red: Tanking.
    Green: Healer.
    Black: Melee DPS. Slow and heavy attacks.
    Bronze: Melee DPS. Fast and light attacks.
    Blue: Ranged Spellcaster DPS.

Red were the tanks in Oculus, and Green healer, so it's pretty much already set by Blizzard. Blacks are known for their destructive nature and heavy force, based off of Deathwing. Bronze alters time, and are known for being able to move at an incredible pace (see Infinite boss in Culling of Stratholme). Blue are generally incredibly similar to Mages' Arcane spec.
    OKAYEH MATE awesome start! I finally found someone that understands what I want for wow =P. Let's keep this going!
    As for the specs roles i must be honest and go ahead and say I never did Oculus, so I wouldn't have found out about the dragons roles in the raid if I didn't read this. Perhaps I would have based my build off of theirs, or maybe not =P. I just like to keep it original. But I will expose why I did it my way. Red maybe tanks but they are also the protectors of life and it makes perfect sense that they should be capable of healing. But ofc a tank would also work but if I were to follow the protectors of life concept I would have to make them very self sustaining instead of damage mitigators and that seat is taken by the blood dk, don't u agree? Green dragons are obviously good and nature based healers. But not all. lets not forget about the mad dreamers that are also part of the dragonflight. It was this dualism I wanted to explore and I came up with the bipolar resource system. Plus even though it has some links to druidism particularly to resto spec, this is sort of a remake of it by turning it into a melee nature based damage dealer that can do some healing but at a high price. Bronze I think a fairly good job with ^^. Black as u said are meant ot be destructive and heavy, hence the ultraego dragon form and coupled with the ground and pound abilities like slamming into the target and rolling and knocking enemies down pretty much fills all the requirements for a brutal and dark spec. Now comes the Blue magic manipulator spec at long last... =). allright then, they may be seen and commonly conceived as identical to the primary magic weilding class, the mage. And its obvious the association. But it does not have to be taken to a level of a copycat. What I did was I tried to give it a twist and a shake to its arcane powers and put them to use as a support role. It still retains all the essence and feel of an arcane user but its dynamics shifted to perform as a support spec.

I do find 5 specs to be a tiny too much though, it's as if the Druid's 4 specs aren't enough already.
    Well I just like to have many choices available =P. Not really but I do like to play a class that is complete u know, and 3 or 4 specs just would feel either too huddled or too incomplete

Support roles doesn't work in WoW either. They tried it with Boomkins in Vanilla, and nobody wanted to play one. They came to give their passive buff, Mark of the Wild, use Entangling Roots and dance like an idiot. People hated being that role. It does in general not work well in WoW. Raids being made today are mainly focused on the bosses and have very little trash packs, and bosses can't be stunned or CC'd, which would render the role completely useless in raids.
    indeed but my idea would be to make them important in heroic stuff. Please add any reply about this here mate =)

This class also seems more fit for Cataclysm, and now that the whole dragon deal has been sealed, I can't see this class working out in lore now that Deathwing is dead.

I love the idea, I would love to represent a dragonflight, but it just seems like there are more important classes gameplay-wise and lore-wise for WoW.
    Yes, now this is class is probably not the first in line of fabric but it can easily be added imo. Just a bit of creativity and imagination =)

Btw, sending this idea off to Blizzard won't get them to make it. Blizzard will first of all not touch anything copyrighted by others, unless they alter it A LOT. They constantly try to avoid fan made classes to avoid copyright issues. Secondly, they're probably already working on the next two classes' concepts already, Blizzard are always far ahead when developing expansions, so you wouldn't see it before the dawn of a new age. Not to be a downer and demotivator, but I'm just being realistic.
    If you feel this is a good idea and then it gets around to enough people that also like it, maybe Blizzard will get off their high horse and improve their game with something that would fresh it up and appeal to potential hardcore players and wow curious people lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping your threads is not allowed. You've been told before not to delete your posts (the post from 11/14), and then repost them to in order to bump your thread up.

I'm closing this thread.