Mount Drops in Dungeons should be addressed.

I think Blizzard needs to rework their set up of allowing players to a boss in a dungeon for a mount (Stonecore, Zul Gurub) without having completed it. The system should work so that all of the bosses have to be cleared and if so, the mount has a chance of dropping from the last boss.
    It is annoying, to say the least, to be pulled into dungeons only to have people suddenly drop from the random when the boss that drops the mount is down. The rest of us are left to either decide if it's worth waiting a long time for a group to reform or not, and often people are not happy to be pulled into a random dungeon where the bosses are mostly down.
    If there is going to be a mount dropped from a dungeon, it should be an incentive offered for the completion of all bosses first.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtzmaruby View Post
    I think Blizzard needs to rework their set up of allowing players to a boss in a dungeon for a mount (Stonecore, Zul Gurub) without having completed it. The system should work so that all of the bosses have to be cleared and if so, the mount has a chance of dropping from the last boss.
    It is annoying, to say the least, to be pulled into dungeons only to have people suddenly drop from the random when the boss that drops the mount is down. The rest of us are left to either decide if it's worth waiting a long time for a group to reform or not, and often people are not happy to be pulled into a random dungeon where the bosses are mostly down.
    If there is going to be a mount dropped from a dungeon, it should be an incentive offered for the completion of all bosses first.

So you prefer a boss that has no relevance to the mount to drop it? For instance does it make sense for the last boss in Stonecore to drop the drake? Nope, the second boss. Same is said about the boss in Vortex Pinnacle. Sure you can move those bosses at the end, but it disrupts the ideal story of the instance.

People will always find a reason to leave a group, you just have to learn to deal with it and find something to do while waiting. Such as porting out and doing dailies or quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you can make friends, join a guild, and organize a group of people that don't mind helping you farm dungeon mounts. Is it that difficult to exercise just a little bit more than bare minimum social skills in an MMO?

Why should overall dungeon boss structure and progression suffer over an inconvenience primarily found in LFD runs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Or solo them both, like I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that everyone will be able to solo farm these bosses very, very soon (if they can't already), this would be a frustrating change.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Considering that everyone will be able to solo farm these bosses very, very soon (if they can't already), this would be a frustrating change.
    Unless you're a tank class or a Mage with perfectly timed Ice Block, I doubt you'll be able to survive Mandokir's Decapitate. Maybe Rogues can but thought they nerfed Cheat Death the same way Cauterize was nerfed.

But yeah, everything else is easily soloed at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So you prefer a boss that has no relevance to the mount to drop it? For instance does it make sense for the last boss in Stonecore to drop the drake? Nope, the second boss. Same is said about the boss in Vortex Pinnacle. Sure you can move those bosses at the end, but it disrupts the ideal story of the instance.

People will always find a reason to leave a group, you just have to learn to deal with it and find something to do while waiting. Such as porting out and doing dailies or quests.
    They already do this in raids. Why would Kael drop Ashes of Alar instead of, oh, i don't know, Alar?

It's something of an oversight, but realistically, it would be ideal for the mount to be a rare drop for a completed instance.

Also, LOL at all the people saying "Just go farm them yourself" when OP is complaining about people dropping group after it dosen't drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    From what I understand, many of the Cata dungeon mounts will be available in the new satchel of mysteries in Mists. I could be wrong, but that's what I read. It would make sense though I suppose.

Deleted
    I think this is a good idea, to some extent. It would be really good if a dungeon dropped a mount that it would drop on the last boss instead of the other bosses, but that would be somehow a bad idea after a new expansion comes if people want to solo it, but still you can always ask for help to one of your friends I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I expected to see someone complaining that they should remove the mounts or something. I agree that this could be a good idea to combat people from leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.