Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowfiend + Void Shift

Hey.

Just a quick question to anyone who may have tested this on the ol'Beta. Is it possible to cast Void Shift on your shadowfiend?

If it is, you could make a macro to target the fiend and use it. Then bang, 100% heal on you.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Moonicoff

Deleted
    It works:

/cast mindbender
    /target pet
    /cast void shift
    /targetlasttarget

Cleaver use of game mechanics, unintended bug or hunter pet griefing tool?

Awesome, thanks for the info guys

why does it grief hunter pets oO? Monks however........

I just mean you could theoretically "steal" a hunter pets health if you were about to die and subsequently get it killed gimping a hunters dps.

I am curious to see if the ability to swap health with pets / shadowfiends etc is intended or if it will be fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    I just mean you could theoretically "steal" a hunter pets health if you were about to die and subsequently get it killed gimping a hunters dps.

I am curious to see if the ability to swap health with pets / shadowfiends etc is intended or if it will be fixed.
    I'm quite sure it will be fixed. Doubt it's intended use is as an oh-shit button.

oh it applies to hostiles too? Isn't that a bit op =S?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't apply to hostiles. He's talking about group/raid hunter pets.
    {[( )]}

i guess if it becomes a problem they can just change it from % health to current health

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i guess if it becomes a problem they can just change it from % health to current health
    Yes thats what i fear they might do, they should have thought of this before and should have decided it is ok or had it replaced ages ago, because this possible problem was obvious since it was first announced. - So, If they decide to change it to transfer absolute health values ("current health"), the only possible conclusion would be they didn't care about the class enough to think about it.

It will also be useful to macro with Dispersion if you are using it to save an ally, i.e. tank in a raid. I just keep thinking about the ability as the new priest LoH, but I forsee much BG griefing...

Deleted
    #showtooltip void shift
    /cast [target=shadowfiend] void shift

this works on beta

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    It works:

/cast mindbender
    /target pet
    /cast void shift
    /targetlasttarget
    When i was last on the beta i was sure both of these are on the GCD. so you would actually have to change it to something like the following and press it 2 times.

/castsequence reset=12 Shadowfiend, [@playerpet] Void Shift:

just so you know shadowfiend works even if you have mindbender. And the 12 second reset is there just in case you don't want to cast void shift during the time the pet is in use that time, and when your pet is off CD you can press the button and it will cast shadowfiend and not voidshift.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    #showtooltip void shift
    /cast [target=shadowfiend] void shift

this works on beta
    i try and not use names when it comes to macro's. just cause SOMEONE might acutally be called Shadowfiend
    [@playerpet] may work better

Deleted
    just logged on beta, alenoria, and like you said B4 they both triggered a gcd but now it lets you macro them both to 1 button

nice to know danny.... the question is... which one triggers the gcd?
    if you can use it all in one macro then that would mean either Shadowfiend doesn't trigger it... or Void shift ignores it

edit:
    And if void shift ignores it.. then we might as well macro it in with desperate prayer or Pain suppression..... Dispersion?
    think.. you're in a raid... switch life with tank and disperse so you don't die while heals can get you back up.
    Last edited by Alenoria; 2012-09-20 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    The whole point of Void Shift is exactly what people are describing it shouldn't be it seems. It IS an "oh shit" button. It's on a cooldown which I think is fair given the ability, and it also does have a risk factor and / or dps loss whichever way you look at it, i.e. If a Shadow Priest uses it and then disperses, thats a dps loss. If he / she uses it on any pet, and then the pet dies, thats a dps loss. It's not like it's a free "save the day" button with no consequence whatsoever (much like LoH) but it does have drawbacks.

I'm pretty sure this is working as intended and won't be nerfed much if at all. Perhaps they'll prevent it from being used on pets, or an NPC, but I doubt anything more than that.

the one that's with the lower health percentage gets healed for 25% of their health so unless you're gonna take like a billion damage after shifting, you don't have to disperse right after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    Cleaver use of game mechanics, unintended bug or hunter pet griefing tool?
    Win. I prefer to grief totems though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    the one that's with the lower health percentage gets healed for 25% of their health so unless you're gonna take like a billion damage after shifting, you don't have to disperse right after.

I thought it was healed TO 25% of health, as in you will always be at a minimum of 25% if your target is below that? Either way, 25% health isn't exactly a safe place to be :P