Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I honestly think I wouldn't enjoy this game if Mages weren't so powerful. I'm so used to their dominance over the years that it wouldn't be the same if they were bad.

It also bothers me that people still complain about Mages. I feel like most Mages I fight in a 1v1 are terrible or insanely good. And I highly respect the insanely good ones. People always think mages take no skill. Yeah sure they don't in the 1200 brackets or in random bgs. However, in high rated play, mages are probably one of the hardest classes to play.

In before someone says "LOL my friend played a mage for a week and got 2400."
    Cool story bro.
    [IMG]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27432642.jpg[IMG]
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-09-29 at 04:06 PM.

Oh look, another thread with people bringing up arena to back up their overpowered class, even though nobody (including Blizzard) cares about arena balance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    So you stopped reading because of semantics? Broken can also mean the class isn't working the way it should. In this case, it's broken towards being too powerful instead of too weak.

/sigh

If you take life too literally, you're going to have a shitty life, my friend. (Just so you know, I am not really your friend. It's a form of expression. In case you take that literal as well)

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 07:50 PM ----------

Holy shit, I laughed so hard at that. Nice one.

hard to laugh at it, if you understand german. Speech and text do not fit whatsoever. It feels weird. But i laughed at bollywood vids too that talked about wow in indian language, though.

But lets talk about mages.

They were not that strong in TBC. DPS went up? Strangely i saw most of the time only destro locks and rogues in raids and PVP dominating arena as well. mages in TBC were poor. they needed serious buffing in all areas as they were only taken for a endless food supply and int buff. Btw, in BC i played all 3 classes and had a very good view on it, the mage was so poor words cannot descripe it. No raid place and no chance vs locks ever, actually locks dominated pvp and pve and mages were cast out, thats the time were the mage vs lock hate did build up.

Nowadays in pvp they have a lot of very strong active defenses. Active means you need to press a button. Quite a mess to play compared to many other simplier classes with fewer keys to press, cause they have more passives or simplier burst. Now, i am only talking about the frost mage. But things like increased ramp up time for arcane mages arcane blast debuff and that you need 2 crits for pyro as fire mages do not make things any better. Ever played hunter,lock,dk and even rogue? Rogue has much control too but he has a lot of relaxing time while stealthed. The mage is always the first target everyhwere he goes. Just played the realy dangerous shadow priest and a mage. my shadow priest makes a lot of damage and was mostly unnoticed, while the mage who does not do more damage or has better def(better look what a spriest got and then start complain about mages, spriest got many active def cds + active healing and tons of burst), got always in the focus. if that is fun to play? Maybe the mage is a little bit op in some areas, can't deny that(temp shield comes to mind if you know how exactly it works), but easy to control? And the additional hate to him? You are always in def mode as a mage.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-09-27 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Mages are the fail-safe mechanism of wow pvp. It's the go-to class when you suck at pvp but still wanna do great. Ofcourse if you don't suck at pvp and play a mage, you enable god mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    No, I stopped reading because I identified it as a whine and I'm out of cheese.
    Stealing this for sig <3

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Mages are the fail-safe mechanism of wow pvp. It's the go-to class when you suck at pvp but still wanna do great. Ofcourse if you don't suck at pvp and play a mage, you enable god mode.
    I would like to replace mage with priest, cause its true. As long as the mage cannot heal, he is just another dd that is very mortal. my dk never had a problem with mages and he is a melee. But as a warrior i believe you, that a mage is godmode for you. We should talk about hunter vs mages too!
    Too much tunnelvision does no good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol really? As far as I'm aware mages owned at pvp in pretty much every expansion..

For the first time in 6 years I am seriously contemplating rolling a Mage even though when I helped my brother level his Mage I didnt enjoy the class much. But, I am a serious PvPr and I honestly feel like I am pissing in the wind atm when fighting Mages. They just have too many tools that seem inexhaustible.

No class should have everything, Mages currently have every single strength possible and zero weaknesses. I'm faced with an empass atm. I will do 1 of 2 things. I will either roll a Mage or just unsub and spend all my time on GW2, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Mages currently have every single strength possible and zero weaknesses.
    They have a weakness, when they can't control the enemy they're extremely fragile.

See BM Hunter vs Mage or Avatar Warriors, or any melee with a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are glass cannons. They always have been. It will never change, so get over it. - You want to talk OP, lets discuss Blood DKs in BGs and how they can out-heal my resto Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdiablo View Post
    Mages are glass cannons. They always have been. It will never change, so get over it. - You want to talk OP, lets discuss Blood DKs in BGs and how they can out-heal my resto Shaman.
    Yes, tanks in random bgs doing 0 damage and facerolling idiots who are hell bent on taking down a tank, are way more OP than mages that are OP in any and all pvp.

Deleted
    Those threads are soooo stupid, if you want to look at classes that dominate arena, look at warlocks, they have 40 - 50% repp on ALL gladiators through ALL seasons, next comes priest, than druids, than rogues, than warriors AND than mages.

so stfu.

Edit:

in fact, mages NEVER dominated arena, the highest repp they got was in s5, with 4th place, there usual place is about ~ 6-8th. So get your shit together.
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-09-28 at 01:31 PM.

actually mages sucked balls most part of TBC, they went oom before the target was dead. Only viable comp for them was RMP nothing else worked for them, apart from rogue mage did fearly well. But mage and a healer just didn't work in TBC because the mage had mana problems. And during TBC 2v2 was the main thing.

I think the sole reason druid mobility got nerfed (shapeshfiting out of roots) was because GC plays a mage and made a biased decision. Bad frost mages can't do shit against feral druids 1v1.

You know what else is funny? Berserk lost its fear immunity at the same time. You know what else GC plays? A warlock.

I pointed that out on the official boards when it happened and got banned.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Oh look, another thread with people bringing up arena to back up their overpowered class, even though nobody (including Blizzard) cares about arena balance anymore.
    it's actually the only thing they care about with PvP balance and they've said it multiple times.

funniest vid i've seen in a long time hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by yogzula View Post
    I think the sole reason druid mobility got nerfed (shapeshfiting out of roots) was because GC plays a mage and made a biased decision. Bad frost mages can't do shit against feral druids 1v1.

You know what else is funny? Berserk lost its fear immunity at the same time. You know what else GC plays? A warlock.

I pointed that out on the official boards when it happened and got banned.

it's actually the only thing they care about with PvP balance and they've said it multiple times.
    He doesn't play either class any more, and to think that would be the reason a class is buffed is ignorant. It is his job to balance the game, which overall he does a pretty good job at all things considered when the game has 11 classes. No matter what, some classes will always be better against others in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Trying to look smart didn't work out well for you did it..

I play a mage and have played a mage with a high rating in arenas for some years now. I can take almost any mage with almost any of my classes, I think most of the mages don't know what they are doing ..

Frost bomb and fire spec are op, complain about them. Frost has a lot of ways to get brainfreeze and fingers of frost procs so I think it's fine to just tone frost bomb down. Fire needs to do waaaay less damage because they simply can lockout any class until they are dead right now.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2012-09-29 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    4th expansion in a row where Mages are just face fucking everything in PvP.

TBC they gave Mages more DPS
    WotLK they gave them more CCs/stuns
    Cata they gave them tons of kiting
    MoP gave them a trillion ways to shield themselves and heal back up. What's that? You miraculously brought a Mage down to low HP? LOL, psych! Cauterize bitch! Try again... psych! Alter Time! Try again. Psych Temperal Shield! Try again. Psych! CC--full heal from Evo. Try again.

You've made my day. A guy I was ganking yesterday wispered me pretty much the same thing, I cackled and sipped on my coffee with absolute satisfaction of his dispair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps one day they will make an expansion where the aspect of magic dies (Kalecgos currently) and all of the purest forms of magic stop functioning entirely. But because shamans and druids get their magic from nature, they're fine, and since spriests and locks call upon the inverse of the Light and demonic powers to get their power, they're fine. Paladins/priests get their magic from the Light - the light is still around - so they're fine.

So basically I think if you petition hard enough, Blizzard will make the final expansion of World of Warcraft one in which the entire mage class no longer has spells - then they wouldn't be the strongest pvp class for once
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

then they wouldn't be the strongest pvp class for once
    If you say so.