Display driver issues

Hey guys

So finally playing wow again with the launch of MoP. Upon starting I began experiencing a problem which I never thought to be bothered by again after buying my new pc.
    After playing a while my screen will blackout, pop to background and give me a notice "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered".
    I've been playing The Witcher, GW2 and Skyrim without any problems but the second I started wow, this problem started.

I'm using a GeForce GTX 580, drivers are completely up to date.
    The temperature is stable between 30 and 35 degrees.
    My screen is a Samsung Syncmaster SA350 (LED).

I have no idea what could be causing this problem but since everytime it happens I have to open my task manager and force wow to quit, it's not really easy gaming like this.

If anyone could help me out that would be great because I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Hey guys

So finally playing wow again with the launch of MoP. Upon starting I began experiencing a problem which I never thought to be bothered by again after buying my new pc.
    After playing a while my screen will blackout, pop to background and give me a notice "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered".
    I've been playing The Witcher, GW2 and Skyrim without any problems but the second I started wow, this problem started.

I'm using a GeForce GTX 580, drivers are completely up to date.
    The temperature is stable between 30 and 35 degrees.
    My screen is a Samsung Syncmaster SA350 (LED).

I have no idea what could be causing this problem but since everytime it happens I have to open my task manager and force wow to quit, it's not really easy gaming like this.

If anyone could help me out that would be great because I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!
    Hi mate, yep i feel you pain, there is a lot of this going on at the moment - I sorted it by setting wow to DX9.

Weird thing is, I can play GW2 and BF3 at max settings yet wow crashes my GFX drivers, but the above will sort out your problem until they sort themselves out.

Yea alot of people, myself included are having the common issue.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8114145?page=9

Not sure if there is a fix yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been having a similar issue, I don't tend to need to force wow to close, often it just resets both screens and then carries on as usual, sometimes i need to do a /RL in game as its changed the screen resolution in game.

I tried updating the drivers, and it reduced how frequently the crashes happened, but didnt stop them. strangely though it only happens in wow, i fired up crysis 2, and have been playing BL2 lots since its release and havent had problems in either . ..

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Hi mate, yep i feel you pain, there is a lot of this going on at the moment - I sorted it by setting wow to DX9.

Weird thing is, I can play GW2 and BF3 at max settings yet wow crashes my GFX drivers, but the above will sort out your problem until they sort themselves out.
    how do i set wow to DX9?

Deleted
    Since i put my gam,e to DX9 (direct x 9) I havent crashed in 3 days - this is a quick fix to allow you to play for now - this is far to many people with the same problem for it to be an individual fault.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 11:09 AM ----------

go into your system settings in wow and go to advanced, the option should be in there as DX11 just change it to DX9

Thanks for the quick replies guys, really means a lot ^^

I will try and set it to DX9 now and see what that does, unfortunately I have to go to work in about 45 minutes so next update will be this evening I'm afraid

Thanks again so far

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Since i put my gam,e to DX9 (direct x 9) I havent crashed in 3 days - this is a quick fix to allow you to play for now - this is far to many people with the same problem for it to be an individual fault.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 11:09 AM ----------

go into your system settings in wow and go to advanced, the option should be in there as DX11 just change it to DX9
    thanks for that =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya i have a gtx 570 and i am getting this problem as well. Is there an official Blue response to this problem?