Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best class for old raid soloing that IS NOT DK.

Have always loved seeing viedoes of people soloing older content. My 2 main classes though are shaman and priest so obviously would be either hard or impossible for me to do the same thing. Disregarding DKs. Which would be the next best class to solo old raids? I still want to play my healers as my mains but Id like a character to do something fun and different when my raids are on lockout and I have nothing to do for the next 4 days. Im kinda leaning towards bear druid just because with stealth skipping trash would just make life easier. But do they have enough self healing? I really dont want a warrior and I heard Monks were pretty hard to play. Since I will just be messing around on this character for fun I dont want a complicated class.

Hunter and warrior are both really good at soloing old content. Since you don't want a warrior, I'd suggest trying out hunter =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest! They can solo pretty much! ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since we have two replies so far and three classes mentioned, I'll add paladins to the list. They really are still very good for soloing.

How helpful is this so far? I hear, but haven't tried it yet, that Warlocks are going to be very good as well
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

im having a prett easy time soloing stuff with my shaman at 90. Between improved earth elemental, stoe bulwark totem, ancestral guidance (i think thats the name of the talent that heals you for 40% of damage done) and the ability to heal im having a pretty good time. Probably not the best but not bad either.

Healers would take forever though not enough DPS or I would use mine. Where would say a bear druid rank? Im thinking about rolling one.

Paladin and warrior will never be at the same level of healing and dpsing at the same time as a dk. Casters are good for some stuff, much harder for other stuff. Hunter and maybe warlock are your best bet.

Deleted
    Druid is good because of the stealth. Rogues are good to, also because of the stealth, and they have a lot of dmg reduction if I recall well and a good healing mechanic.

Hunters are good too because of the pets, specially if you have a tanky one, specially if you go BM I think.

Deleted
    BM Hunter, tenacity turtle, imp. healing glyph.

Sorted.

Deleted
    Marksman hunter, with Chimaera's shot to heal you for 3%HP on every CD, and 2 pieces of Tier 5 (Rift Stalker Armor), so your attacks heal the pet.
    15% of your damage is converted to pet healing.
    And of course a tank pet, and Spirit Bond talent.

Bears are great cause they have Frenzied Regeneration
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Healers would take forever though not enough DPS or I would use mine. Where would say a bear druid rank? Im thinking about rolling one.
    Do you realize that there is not one class that only has healing specs? Every "healer" has a dps spec and most of the time when people tell you to use "such & such class that can be a healer" they are referring to their DPS spec not their healing spec. The exception is disc priests which are as strong as shadow priests when it comes to soloing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    maybe warlock are your best bet.
    I have an 85 lock I havent touched since like the first week of Cata when Blizzard butchered them. What spec would I use? Demo?

Hunters, Warlocks and to a certain extent Prot Warrs.

I've soloed MC, ZG, and AQ20 on my Mage just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is able to solo a lot of stuff now, at level 90. It's easy to say what's a good soloing class, cause all the classes can now faceroll level 60-70-80 content.

The best soloing class after DK is hunter, Marksmanship specced, with a turtle pet, WITHOUT the Riftstalker set pieces (the stat loss is too high and not affordable when doing higher raids) as someone suggested above, the correct healing glyphs (bring some Dust of Disapperance along to determine which one is better for a certain fight) and you're good to go.

All in all, now every classes are the "New best class". I choose hunter because we could clear Algalon and other impossible encounters for others back in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Everyone is able to solo a lot of stuff now, at level 90. It's easy to say what's a good soloing class, cause all the classes can now faceroll level 60-70-80 content.

The best soloing class after DK is hunter, Marksmanship specced, with a turtle pet, WITHOUT the Riftstalker set pieces (the stat loss is too high and not affordable when doing higher raids) as someone suggested above, the correct healing glyphs (bring some Dust of Disapperance along to determine which one is better for a certain fight) and you're good to go.

All in all, now every classes are the "New best class". I choose hunter because we could clear Algalon and other impossible encounters for others back in Cata.
    This. Take it from someone who has all the classes and solos old raid content every week. After DK you can't really top hunters for high dps, great survivability, and the skills to pull it off.

Why not just use enhancement shaman with the talents in healing? I'm pretty much a solo machine and have been for some time. It only got easier to move talents around with the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Do you realize that there is not one class that only has healing specs? Every "healer" has a dps spec and most of the time when people tell you to use "such & such class that can be a healer" they are referring to their DPS spec not their healing spec. The exception is disc priests which are as strong as shadow priests when it comes to soloing stuff.
    Nah Disc is a lot weaker than shadow when it comes to soloing, I highly doubt a disc priest can pull off things like marrowgar and Yogg+1 and Thorim, whereas shadow can (from lv85 perspective). May at 90 a Disc can do all those but Im sure Shadow can still do it faster.

I heard bear druids have done Heroic Lich King, so I agree with what you lean on. Yes DRUIDS k go.

IMHO:

1. Tank DK
    2. Hunter
    <gap>
    3. Tank Paladin
    4. Warlock
    5. Tank Druid, Tank Warrior, Enhancement Shaman?
    <gap>
    5. Rest

No idea where to fit in the Monk though.