Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vance was an investigative agent before he went into Administration.

Bishop has done one case, and has been sitting in an office at NSA hq for the last few years thinking up playbooks of possible attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Vance was an investigative agent before he went into Administration.

Bishop has done one case, and has been sitting in an office at NSA hq for the last few years thinking up playbooks of possible attacks.
    It really depends on how she is in a "normal" episode, this one was focused on her. If it helps to justify things, just keep in mind that the episode basically played right into those playbooks and such, so it makes sense that she did a lot (and recall, really, that she was usually a step behind the team anyway).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It really depends on how she is in a "normal" episode, this one was focused on her. If it helps to justify things, just keep in mind that the episode basically played right into those playbooks and such, so it makes sense that she did a lot (and recall, really, that she was usually a step behind the team anyway).
    i think it would have been better to go with a 2 or 3 episode arc to introduce her, everything felt very rushed and as if she had the answer the second the question came up instead of actually having to look for it. overall, as a 2 episode arc of intro where she actually had to LOOK up material instead of just knowing (but say it was material in her area of expertise she had to look up, so she had a good idea where to start), would have been far better.

Yeah, I think she might be a bit out of her depth in a "little picture' investigation. She is only really used to "big picture" stuff. See how she coped with flushing that guy out of the cinema or the post-office stake-out.

update:

little miss perfect can't handle dead people
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-12-11 at 02:33 AM.

caught by a kid's watch, oh the ignominy.

10+ Year Old Account
    caught by a kid's watch, oh the ignominy.
    She is a Fornell after all. Damn, she was smart. At only 13.

As expected, this episode was all about the humor. Which I'm ok with. Kind of weird that the Secret Service guy showed up, gave exposition, and then vanished for the rest of the mission. One of those episodes that had the plot show up ten minutes before the show ended. I hate when that happens.

Oh, and Diane is a crazy whore. there's no two ways about it.

Not as funny as last year's funny episode but it was still pretty good. Poor Gibbs. Still not quite to make of the new girl.

Diane, Gibbs and Fornell are a great triple-act. I could watch an hour of just them on screen.

The one question I did have we seen Fornell's daughter before? I honestly can't remember. She was was pretty funny in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    The one question I did have we seen Fornell's daughter before? I honestly can't remember. She was was pretty funny in the episode.
    She was in that episode with the escaped convict that wanted his sentence overturned, and the bad guy was the old guy called Micky IIRC. Probably a different actress though, it was a few series ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was in that episode with the escaped convict that wanted his sentence overturned, and the bad guy was the old guy called Micky IIRC. Probably a different actress though, it was a few series ago.
    I remember it was while Gibbs was retired, because Fornell had to convince him to help find the guy again. The girl's name was Payton Spencer. In this week's episode, she was played by Juliette Angelo.

An interesting episode which can be best described as the annual Christmas episode although a bit on the dark side with the case they had. Loved the Gibbs "Scrooge" comedy bits and for a second I thought he was going to go with them at the end. Nice to see Vance and Jimmy get a bit bigger roles. Lastly, it will be interesting to see when the new girl makes the opening credits.

Apparently the song played in the end title credits was made as a tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook massacre.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Tony picking on Gibbs. I like times when Gibbs is treated like, well, more human than normal. Overall though, it was pretty bad for an episode, and I started to wonder if I was watching a special episode of Scrubs.

I know there's suspension of disbelief in a fictional show, but what the hell? There are dozens of children throughout multiple hospitals with an unknown illness. Apparently, in the world of NCIS, all doctors stand around with their thumbs up their ass and don't attempt to diagnose. Even without the knowledge that NCIS had, those doctors with their combined research should have found out what the illness was far before Abby and Carol could. Also, we've seen Carol before, though I don't remember when. It's weird that Abby tends to associate with midgets. There was the guy she dated for a short time (as I recall, the show had him dump her via the internet because the real-life actor died), and Carol. I don't know. It's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's weird that Abby tends to associate with midgets. There was the guy she dated for a short time
    I see what you did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I see what you did there.
    I swear it was unintentional. I didn't even notice until I saw your post

Next episode airs on January 7:

"When a stolen drone is linked to the elusive terrorist Parsa, the NCIS team partners with the Department of Defense, including Gibb’s former girlfriend, Hollis Mann, to track down the device before it is used for a large scale attack."

Ugh. Was never really a fan of her. Also, she retired from the Army and then joined the DOD? Figures. I'd rather see more Borin than any past Gibbs girlfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, new episode finally:

Am I forgetting, or is this the first time we've seen Bishop in the opening credits?

Leave it to Gibbs to make it not awkward between he and Mann. I swear he's getting more and more human each season.

Tony called him "Gibbs". happens rare enough that it's worth mentioning.

Well, shit. Delilah might be dead. Well...I guess that would make sense, trope-wise. It was Tim's girlfriend after all.

I'm guessing the next episode will be the end of the Parsa arc, since this is a two-parter.

I do kinda wish they'd stop making McGee's GFs either psychotic killers or liable to die within three episodes. That trope is getting old.

Pretty sure "high treason" doesn't exist in the US legal system (because they don't have a King or Queen).

Gibbs should be more like Cumberbatch's Sherlock in the BBC series. Maybe he is slowly getting over Shannon and Kelly's murder, but still.

Is it just me, or would Bishop have found Parsa, his warehouse, his associates and his dog within 20 minutes of the episode starting in her first episode?

Okay, so it's a pet peeve of mine, but it really really irks me when they approach, guns drawn, announce themselves... then suddenly are surprised and have to jump for cover when the guy pulls out a gun and opens fire. It happens way too often in most TV shows, and it was very bad in this episode. Even going so far as to let the guy get away? Really? They can't hit a driver? They can't fire before a car completely blocks things? If this is the only way they can build tension for a situation, they need better writers.

Intelligence was even worse in these things, but this is an NCIS thread.

The rest of the episode felt a little bland, actually, but not bad. The preview for next week seemed to spoil the big question, and frankly I think the situation (delilah injury) is just garbage.

Yes Pen this was the first time Bishop was in the credits. A bit odd on the timing but oh well.

I think the coolest part was it was talked about and partly shown in last week's Big Bang Theory episode. Thoughts of a NCIS/Big Bang Theory Crossover had me smiling at the possibilities.

The episode was good but nothing spectacular. The whole McGee relationship did remind me weren't they hinting Abby and McGee would date a few seasons back? Did they ever explore that?