Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I knew he was called Colin Hanks, but never made the connection to Tom Hanks.

Pen I think you read my mind as I had the same thoughts. Only thing I have to add is I thought Jimmy's joke about seeing Gibbs work for the first time was pretty funny.

I think the other thing that was interesting was we didn't get to see the end of the fight. I wonder if something else happened.

Only 2 episodes remain "Double Blind" next week and "Damned If You Do" on the 14th.

10+ Year Old Account
    The season 8 episode "Kill Screen" has absolutely the best cold opening in the entire show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The season 8 episode "Kill Screen" has absolutely the best cold opening in the entire show.
    cop: Is that your purse?

thief: Yeah

cop: Mind if I take a look?

<purse falls to ground; fingers fall out>

thief: Woah, that's not my purse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    cop: Is that your purse?

thief: Yeah

cop: Mind if I take a look?

<purse falls to ground; fingers fall out>

thief: Woah, that's not my purse!
    Unfortunately, the episode then falls into a "how can we pretend to not know anything about anything ever?" type of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

Wow, this thing started out weird. The first scene with everyone gathering outside the office, instead of the opening scene being at the office. Gibbs being sociable and commenting on Ziva's car. Gibbs continuing to call her "Ziver". The "victim" getting to watch the interrogation (though to be fair, victims are usually dead).

Anyway, I liked the group, the full group, being together and all being on the same page. Usually, like Abby is out doing her thing, and Ducky and Palmer are down doing their thing, and the show usually focuses on the actual agents working together. I like when they include the rest. This sucks though, because now I really want to watch the next episode.

In the season 8 episode "Swan Song", Mike gives Gibbs Eric Decker's "insurance policy". That word was used before, in the episode/arc where Jenny died. Then, it was assumed to be the restaurant out in the middle of Nowheresville desert. Franks said it had been keeping him on Vance's good side. Either I forgot an episode later on, or what exactly that insurance policy is has not been revealed yet. Anyone got any ideas?

The restaurant was Jenny/Gibbs' partner's insurance policy from the "The Russian" assassination mission in Paris, I thought Franks' one had something to do with Project Frankenstein.

10+ Year Old Account
    The restaurant was Jenny/Gibbs' partner's insurance policy from the "The Russian" assassination mission in Paris, I thought Franks' one had something to do with Project Frankenstein.
    Sorry, not Eric, William (Eric Decker plays for the NFL). But it's the same guy http://ncis.wikia.com/wiki/William_Decker

Bets are being taken for "how Gibbs will get out of this one". Spoiler tagged a couple because of references to last night's episode or stuff released about the next episode.

Option 1: Vance calls in a favour and sanctions a hit on the DoD guy when he is on his way to deliver the report. Gibbs pulls off the sniper shot of the century from several miles away.

Option 2: The DoD guy planted the smartphone bug machine. Abby finds out and tells Gibbs. Abby ties DoD guy up in gaffer tape.

Option 3: Tom Morrow makes an appearance and Gibbs-slaps the DoD guy, and thanks him for his effort before firing him.

Option 4: They get let off on some technicality

Option 5: The ghost of Mike Franks scares the shit out of DoD guy

Option 6: We get left on a cliff-hanger until next September

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a combination of 3 and 4, but since the show has a history of end-of-season cliffhangers, there's a chance it won't be resolved next week.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:05 PM ----------

Oh, and new epsiode stuff, but not really spoilery, but pissed off Abby was hilarious. She called him a dick.

I like to think that after last year's cliff-hanger, in which we had no idea who would survive after the offices were completely destroyed and Ducky had just had a massive heart attack on a tidal beach (if you weren't aware that they all had a contract at least until the end of Season 10) that they would be generous and not make the next 4 months quite so painful, refreshing http://www.ncis-source.org and http://spoilersforncis.livejournal.com on a daily basis for scraps of news and twitter posts about round-tables and filming scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait, on that promo, who was the guy with the big white beard? He looked familiar.

Wait wait wait, on that promo, who was the guy with the big white beard? He looked familiar.
    I think he is the JAG lawyer that Gibbs gets assigned as his defender. Think he was in the JAG series back before NCIS was started as a spin-off of that series.

I think he is the JAG lawyer that Gibbs gets assigned as his defender. Think he was in the JAG series back before NCIS was started as a spin-off of that series.
    Character's name is A. J. Chegwidden and he was a recurring character in Season 1 and from Season 2 til the end was a main character. It would have been cooler if Harm had come back.

I must admit I didn't see it coming with Gibbs being the target. Alarm bells went off when they found out they were looking into case files before Ziva was even there (and by default Vance). I'm not too worried though. Gibbs gets out of everything. Not to mention ratings would drop if Gibbs was sitting in jail. My vote goes to Vance puts all the blame on him or Gibbs is just found not guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized. Agah Bayar is still out there. The last time we see him, he's sitting at a restaurant, offering Gibbs a drink. He's a bad guy, who showed up periodically (and just kind of showed up initially), but he's never been revisited. Where is he, and how is his story going to end?

I just realized. Agah Bayar is still out there. The last time we see him, he's sitting at a restaurant, offering Gibbs a drink. He's a bad guy, who showed up periodically (and just kind of showed up initially), but he's never been revisited. Where is he, and how is his story going to end?
    Last time he showed up, we found out he was under the control of the CIA, giving them inside information on the arms trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time he showed up, we found out he was under the control of the CIA, giving them inside information on the arms trade.
    As he put it, he works for whoever pays him more, and he just happened to be the good guy. It was the first episode to feature Ryan, the psi-ops woman Gibbs eventually ends up with. The dead navy guy was selling secrets to a Russian woman, and Bayar was the go-between. Bayar knew, and eventually Gibbs finds out, that the secrets were faked by the CIA, to make the Russians think they had something big.

So, in the Fall NCIS will go up against arguably the most promising new TV show "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/abc-fall-sc...160011614.html

I don't think it will hurt the ratings too much but it should be interesting once they are released.

That show sounds stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:42 AM ----------

It airs in 20 minutes, right?

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 03:45 AM ----------

I think the phrase "raises more questions than it answers" comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes it does Butler.

Damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit.

I mean, I called it. I expected it. But still, I hate cliffhangers. I do have a prediction though

Fornell isn't really the target. Just a clever use of camera to make us think that.

But the investigation. All of a sudden, it's gone? Suspended? I don't really get it. There's a lot of people that are risking their careers for Gibbs. What I really don't get is, how can even have an investigation against him? All the killings they mentioned were all justified. The only thing they could get against them is Pedro Hernandez, and there's no record of that anymore.