Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake1121 View Post
    please pardon the dumb question, but does omitting SS above mean it's just implied? Or are you not using it? If using, better to let it drop and re-apply?
    Right, Serpent sting, I forgot about that. That's usually in after the black arrow, sorry.

Hunter needs buffs /thread.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Hunter is horrible atm, I'm 468 item level and absolutely getting dumped on by locks and mages in heroics every run with less gear. I am doing around 65k+ single target and around 60 as survival...We need buffs horribly. We did Sha of Anger and Galleon tonight and I was only 6th despite having a ton more gear then everyone... I don't know what spec will be preferred come Tuesday with how the state of hunters are, I am thinking BM for single target fights obviously and SV for add fights. My main concern is that in history we have show to not show good scaling after a certain point of gear but scale well early, IE raping the meters on the beginning of expansions and then evening out to middle of the tier or slightly towards the top and then being in the middle of the pack the rest of the xpack. I am afraid we are going to be stuck at the bottom for ever with the way things currently are until we get some massive buffs. Anyone else unhappy at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckz View Post
    Hunter is horrible atm, I'm 468 item level and absolutely getting dumped on by locks and mages in heroics every run with less gear. I am doing around 65k+ single target and around 60 as survival...We need buffs horribly. We did Sha of Anger and Galleon tonight and I was only 6th despite having a ton more gear then everyone... I don't know what spec will be preferred come Tuesday with how the state of hunters are, I am thinking BM for single target fights obviously and SV for add fights. My main concern is that in history we have show to not show good scaling after a certain point of gear but scale well early, IE raping the meters on the beginning of expansions and then evening out to middle of the tier or slightly towards the top and then being in the middle of the pack the rest of the xpack. I am afraid we are going to be stuck at the bottom for ever with the way things currently are until we get some massive buffs. Anyone else unhappy at the moment?
    Mind throwing an armory link? If you have 468 Ilvl it means you've been incredibly lucky with BMAH/Galleon/Sha of anger. And if you were lucky with the latter two, you would not have had that gear for the kills, right :P?
    In any case, you've got a *supposed* 15 item levels more than I did when we did Galleon, and I did 58K, only getting beat by a 62K elemental shaman. What were your damage spread like?

And FYI - the reason we sucked at scaling has been removed, so people yelling about how we're "going to scale badly", kindly sit down and do some research. The passive attack power that made us so incredibly powerfull at the start of an expansion (hunters mark + aspect) and so lackluster at the end, have both gone in favor of a +10% AP buff on hawk, and a +5% damage buff on mark - basicly meaning, yes, we scale now.
    Not to mention that as we do not get 50% more stats that aren't tied up in hit/expertise compared to everything else, they do not have to make up for that by making us weaker in other ways (and the other way around, we aren't so much stronger in the first tier because we get so many extra stats).

What you are seeing is "balance". I find hunters have no issues in heroics, at the very least, and it's too soon to speak about raids. I mean, boss fights barely lasts more than a minute or two anyway, how can you even see if your overall singletarget dps is lacking? Neither sha, nor galleon, are singletarget fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckz View Post
    I'm right there with you and almost scared I'm going to get sat. The problem is really two things: clunky CDs and just overall dps. Our level 75 and 90 talents are probably the worst thing about the class right now. BM is really just not going to be viable in Heroic from the looks of it because of the target swapping. And then AMOC is 60 focus which basically locks you out of anything, lynx rush is apparently only good for BM, and blink strike is just bad outside of pvp. Then our 90 talents are just worthless overall. Glaive toss is just another dumb CD for a "double arcane shot". Power shot is basically aimed shot with a stupid cast time. And barrage is only mediocre for AOE.

Hunters have slowly become worse since the start of Cataclysm with a small bump in the right direction for half way through 4.3 then right back down hill.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-09-29 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I'm right there with you and almost scared I'm going to get sat. The problem is really two things: clunky CDs and just overall dps. Our level 75 and 90 talents are probably the worst thing about the class right now. BM is really just not going to be viable in Heroic from the looks of it because of the target swapping. And then AMOC is 60 focus which basically locks you out of anything, lynx rush is apparently only good for BM, and blink strike is just bad outside of pvp. Then our 90 talents are just worthless overall. Glaive toss is just another dumb CD for a "double arcane shot". Power shot is basically aimed shot with a stupid cast time. And barrage is only mediocre for AOE.

Hunters have slowly become worse since the start of Cataclysm with a small bump in the right direction for half way through 4.3 then right back down hill.
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Dracodraco here. Today I finally started getting some gear drops and was up to 460 ilvl by the end of the night, and let me tell you, the difference in DPS was huge compared to what I was doing at 445ish. Also, I highly recommend trying and learning proper SV play, because I'm finding it far better than BM in almost every situation.

Hunters are not as crappy as some people in this thread seem to think. I came in 3rd on Galleon tonight at about 65k and frankly I was nowhere near perfect with my "rotation" or CD usage. I suspect most of the complaints about Hunter DPS are coming from BM Hunters in 445 ilvl who are getting crushed on the meters in heavily AoE-intensive encounters (which frankly is most of them). I say this because 2 days ago that's exactly the situation I was in, and it sucked, but then I got better gear and switched to SV which is far superior to BM for Heroic grinding.

Deleted
    Carefully with those rankings from world bosses. Given how significantly* the reported numbers differ among participants of single encounter I believe that everyone's personal combat log must be missing significant part of the other participant's combat data. Try to compare your Recount data with someone who was standing on the opposite side of Sha. Chances are you both will be sitting in #1 of each one's chart.

I think same explanation applies to Spiritbunder. It seems that when you go into spirit realm your fellow raiders won't see your DPS in their "real world". After the fight each group reports completely different numbers.

*) I mean way beyond usual "Recount is not 100% accurate" mantra.
    Last edited by mmocd8dd4806a2; 2012-10-14 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzaruba View Post
    Carefully with those rankings from world bosses. Given how significantly* the reported numbers differ among participants of single encounter I believe that everyone's personal combat log must be missing significant part of the other participant's combat data. Try to compare your Recount data with someone who was standing on the opposite side of Sha. Chances are you both will be sitting in #1 of each one's chart.

I think same explanation applies to Spiritbunder. It seems that when you go into spirit realm your fellow raiders won't see your DPS in their "real world". After the fight each group reports completely different numbers.

you know you can "link" recount so that it reads everyones data as a pool to prevent that very thing from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by jzaruba View Post

1. This thread is 2 weeks old.
    2. The important part was the DPS number, not the relative rank in the meters.

Deleted
    Anyone got any posts of how much people are doing after nuking target boss for 10 minutes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    1. This thread is 2 weeks old.
    And how does that change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    2. The important part was the DPS number, not the relative rank in the meters.
    I was responding to those saying that they got "outDPSed only by...".

im ending up with around 35-45k average dps at the end of an hc instance - is this ok or am i going wrong somewhere? - i have 444 ilvl and have just started doing the hc's

Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    Anyone got any posts of how much people are doing after nuking target boss for 10 minutes?
    Hunters are kicking ass on a single target fight like Feng - even when we killed it last week on heroic I still did fantastic and that involved some add switching. I feel fairly good about hunters right now.
    Last edited by Bellatrex-Saga; 2012-10-15 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    Hunters are kicking ass on a single target fight like Feng - even when we killed it last week on heroic I still did fantastic and that involved some add switching. I feel fairly good about hunters right now.
    I know it's been two weeks now but I think it's rather your fellow DPSers who should feel bad. Go and see WOL DPS rankings. Hunters are nowhere near kicking ass anywhere. On Feng they stand some chance, so one guy made it into Top10 on 10N. But combined Top40s from 10mans, 25mans, Normals, Hard modes on 6 bosses of Mogu'Shan Vaults there are 4 hunters among those 960 records.

Cheers

"Pure DPS class" my a$$

i dont get above 40k with my ilvl 480 surv , can someone help me ? >.<, yes am a noob , its my first hunter
    +1656 Agility
    +960 Mastery
    +320 Stamina
    +320 Hit
    +170 Expertise
    +100 Crit
    +80 Strength
    +80 Intellect
    +80 Spirit
    Agile Primal Diamond , Blurred Speed
    3x
    Delicate Primordial Ruby
    3x
    Fractured Sun's Radiance
    1x
    Agile Primal Diamond
    1x
    Rigid River's Heart
    1x
    Solid River's Heart

please help me out

maybe link your armory?

you can find good general info here for example http://www.icy-veins.com/survival-hu...-pve-dps-guide

the rest is just practice

Deleted
    I am having the same prob as WUTCRAP but not as bad only around 62k

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dahkal/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Madluck View Post
    I am having the same prob as WUTCRAP but not as bad only around 62k

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dahkal/simple
    62k where? target dummy? Wind Lord Mel'jarak? random dog in Scarlet Halls?

Deleted
    Target dummy.

i do about 52-54k surv on a boss target dummy over 5 mins - 478ilvl self buff