Deleted

What's changed, hit me with it.

Hey MMO-champion.

I'm haven't been able to play WOW for over 16 months for RL reasons.
    I left right before the raid which the caster legendary came out. So I've missed a lot.
    What's changed? beside pandas. Really I just wanted to know what's the best raiding spec and general stuff that has happened to mage's as my troll is my main.

Thanks Harjkun

10+ Year Old Account
    At it's core, nothing has changed.

It's still post-Ulduar WoW.

You quit before the raid with the caster legendary? Well since then we have had four expansions come out and that raid has actually been removed from the game and turned into revamped content...oh you didn't mean ateish, my bad.

On a more serious note the raiding spec for this tier is whatever you want, as they are all simming very high and very close, fire RNG got somewhat fixed, frost is competitive on a more accesible level (don't need to be really good at frost to pull decent numbers anymore) arcane got some rotational fixes and people are QQ over the 90 talents. That about sums it up, we are OP as usual

To add to what Voltaa already said, the talent system was revamped (again) and now you get to choose one of three talents every 15 levels. Also you need to check transmogrification, so you can raid in style. On a side note, I understand that there is a flood of new information to digest, even if you haven't been away for long, but asking other people to summarize everything for you is just lazy, there a guides all over mmo-champion. You can get started here:
    Patch-5-0-4-Guide

Read these forums and guides. Also maybe even a sneak peak at elitistjerks.com. Enjoy being OP peeps...because in TBC we were vending machines, nothing more.