Poll: 24 year old dating 12 year old, ok or not?

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to say.
    Dating =/= Fucking, unless you're in high school, than dating automatically means sex.
    12 year old can sing about love like that but can't actually feel love? Okay.
    Yea, don'tk now what to say, if he's tapping that, then yea there's a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't often advocate violence, but when i do, its useally on guys trying to bump uglies 12 year old girls while being 12 years their senior.

Deleted
    There are marriages taking place with girls of that age around the world in none-western countries, there were in western countries not that far back.

If they're waiting I can't say I find it particularly easy to protest about, it's certainly not something I'd be happy to let my own child do, but if her parents are fine with it, she's fine with it, he's fine with it and they're waiting until she's older before doing anything physical, then whatever - there are plenty of girls in the world that won't be so lucky and will be pushed into an arranged marriage or somesuch with a person they have no desire to be with, and probably won't be waiting until she's of western age of content before taking it further.

The age of consent to marriage (among other things) is in constant flux, certainly not set in stone and varies all over the world - considering it wasn't that long ago that homosexuals were treated as mentally ill and consigned to "treatment", it seems closeminded to be overly critical when all the parties who's business this is (them and the girls parents) seem to be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    There are marriages taking place with girls of that age around the world in none-western countries, there were in western countries not that far back.

If they're waiting I can't say I find it particularly easy to protest about, it's certainly not something I'd be happy to let my own child do, but if her parents are fine with it, she's fine with it, he's fine with it and they're waiting until she's older before doing anything physical, then whatever - there are plenty of girls in the world that won't be so lucky and will be pushed into an arranged marriage or somesuch with a person they have no desire to be with, and probably won't be waiting until she's of western age of content before taking it further.

The age of consent to marriage (among other things) is in constant flux, certainly not set in stone and varies all over the world - considering it wasn't that long ago that homosexuals were treated as mentally ill and consigned to "treatment", it seems closeminded to be overly critical when all the parties who's business this is (them and the girls parents) seem to be fine with it.

The Parents could be alright with selling their daughter into slavery and prostitution, that doesn't mean it is A-Ok, and the same arguements about variable norms could be suggested for incest aswell, what if the 24 year old was a parent, would you attitude be the same.

The situation is sick, and disgusting, and if the parents are ok with this, they should be in jail and the girl taken away.

As far as Dating, it may not mean sex, but is a prospect for a romantic relationship down the road and itis highly inappropriate to be propossed on a 12 year old.

I am shocked anyone could support this. If I personally knew this guy I would drive him out into the woods and beat him within an inch of his life and then tattoo the number of a good psychiatrist onto his temple. If I personally knew her I'd change her phone and locks and get a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The Parents could be alright with selling their daughter into slavery and prostitution, that doesn't mean it is A-Ok, and the same arguements about variable norms could be suggested for incest aswell, what if the 24 year old was a parent, would you attitude be the same.

The situation is sick, and disgusting, and if the parents are ok with this, they should be in jail and the girl taken away.

As far as Dating, it may not mean sex, but is a prospect for a romantic relationship down the road and itis highly inappropriate to be propossed on a 12 year old.
    Your reply is full of ignorance, and you make completely exaggerated comparisons. A 12 year old marrying someone as tradition in another country is NOT the same as being sold into slavery and prostitution. You are looking at things from your personal social constructs that you developed in your society. Your view isn't the global view. Get over yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden999 View Post
    I am shocked anyone could support this. If I personally knew this guy I would drive him out into the woods and beat him within an inch of his life and then tattoo the number of a good psychiatrist onto his temple. If I personally knew her I'd change her phone and locks and get a shotgun.
    Yeah, because nearly killing someone isn't worse than a possibly non-sexual relationship between a 22 yr old and a 12 yr old. I think you should start dialing that number you were planning to tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Not nessecarily, if they're hes into her and shes into him but they're not doing anything untill the appropriate age, he can't be labeled as a pedophile. I had a friend that was 13 who had a boyfriend that was 19, ( y i had weird friends) but technically he should be a pedophile too
    though no one sees him as one. i don't know what it is exactly, but even my friends mother found it ok
    Pedo Phillius: To love children.
    Pedo Sexual: To want to have sex with children.

They're not exactly the same thing, though they're far from mutually exclusive, either.

OP: Blegh. Sorry; I know some people fall in love with children. It can't be helped. But when you notice you do, I think you should look for professional help, and be the adult and decide that you're not going to be around the object of your affection.
    The girl is twelve. She's of no age to even be actually in love. Yes, puppy-love, maybe, but that's just raging hormones. Actually being in love comes later, when the hormones are more stable.
    He's a pop-star. She's twelve. Of course she's going to be completely infatuated with him. Hell; all of us were twelve, once... Most of us have had a childish sexual infatuation with some kind of adult, be they teacher or pop-star.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Pedo Phillius: To love children.
    Pedo Sexual: To want to have sex with children.

They're not exactly the same thing, though they're far from mutually exclusive, either.

OP: Blegh. Sorry; I know some people fall in love with children. It can't be helped. But when you notice you do, I think you should look for professional help, and be the adult and decide that you're not going to be around the object of your affection.
    The girl is twelve. She's of no age to even be actually in love. Yes, puppy-love, maybe, but that's just raging hormones. Actually being in love comes later, when the hormones are more stable.
    He's a pop-star. She's twelve. Of course she's going to be completely infatuated with him. Hell; all of us were twelve, once... Most of us have had a childish sexual infatuation with some kind of adult, be they teacher or pop-star.
    I agree with this; I think the MAIN harm from this (assuming it is completely innocent thus far) is that she is unable to have childhood dating with people her own age to develop a sense of what type of person is right for her. This is usually done through the 12 - 16+ range, and having instant "serious" relationships at such a young age disallows this normal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by beuwulf View Post
    thats right you know the country that could kick your country's ass in a heart beat and not even break a sweat, and make you its bitch
    For who's money this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really creepy... I mean... 12?! If she were to be 17ish I'd say "ok", but 12 is way too young.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a shotgun waiting for any MAN that thinks he could date any 12 year old CHILD-not even teen-of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaed View Post
    I have a shotgun waiting for any MAN that thinks he could date any 12 year old CHILD-not even teen-of mine.
    Oh a real tough guy, then you goto jail for 25 years being someones boyfriend... Ohh the toughness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    And do they put people in jail for having thoughts like that? without doing anything about it, no pictures no videos, nothing physical?
    They can't wether its wrong it isnt illegal to have thoughts and desires, it is when you're acting on them.
    So by law you're not a pedophile for having desires like them, as long as you dont do anything.
    No they don't but that doesn't change the fact that it's the urges that make one a pedophile, not the acts. The urges aren't illegal, acts are. It's not criminology but psychology.

A loving relationship needs more then just sex of course, so it is possible for someone to fall in love with a 12 year old, without having pure sexual desires like a pedophile would.

Still, I personally think it is weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't look 21 to me

They should just move to vatican city, she's a year over the age of consent there.

OT: I don't know what to say really, I feel like it's sort of weird, but if they're not doing anything physical it's not illegal. If they wait it out 4 years she'll have plenty of time to make up her mind.

Deleted
    It's obviously not ok, any normal human being can see this.

And the people voting "yes its fine" i'm willing to bet have anime avatars of 9 year old girls in provocative poses, but it's ok gusys, it's only make believe! and "loli" is a much nicer word than paedophile! So cute desu desu ^_^_^_^_^. (ugh you fuckers are the bane of the internet).

Seriously, if you had a twelve year old (or younger) daughter, would you allow her to swan off with a 24 year old man? if the answer is yes then you shouldn't ever be allowed to recreate.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2012-09-29 at 10:11 AM.

Pervert, Dude. When he moves to Hollywood, he'll have to go door to door to tell everyone he's a pederast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    It's obviously not ok, any normal human being can see this.

And the people voting "yes its fine" i'm willing to bet have anime avatars of 9 year old girls in provocative poses, but it's ok gusys, it's only make believe! and "loli" is a much nicer word than paedophile! So cute desu desu ^_^_^_^_^. (ugh you fuckers are the bane of the internet).

Seriously, if you had a twelve year old (or younger) daughter, would you allow her to swan off with a 22 year old man? if the answer is yes then you shouldn't ever be allowed to recreate.
    Hard to say. In this case the relationship can only be non-physical due to the high public exposure. If they truly love each other and are willing to wait then I think I would support it. I don't think what could be a perfectly matched couple should be prevented just because it's not considered acceptable for another 4 years, especially if the couple can happily restrain themselves for that time.

And for anyone claiming she is too young to know better, if again they are waiting a few years before making things physical, surely in that time she will become old enough and if she decides she doesn't want it, she can move on.

Deleted
    It's okay if the 12 year old is not forced. I see no problem. Today's morality of society is very shitty if people believe that this is not okay. Well... Society today is shitty, so no wonder.