Page 1 of 2
LastLast

JP/VP gear faction rep grind

So what exactly is the point of the faction rep grind in MoP? My guild and I have been farming heroics like crazy and I'm pretty much sitting on a set of full 450+ ilvl gear. At the same time I've been grinding out the dailies but since they're gated I'm still working on the golden lotus dailies to unlock the rest. By the time I get to each faction I'll have no use for any of the gear. Heck, I don't have any use for the gear now.

Am I missing just missing something?

I'm not exactly sure what is the ilvl of valor gear, but I'm guessing that's the reason to get the rep. And most likely in the future, the future JP/VP gear will be on same vendors too.

Deleted
    Well you also need the rep for valor gear.

Well epic gears and having something to do, will take some time to grind rep this way can be a time sink for many
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

You can't earn JP anyhow, but VP gear is better than your heroic gear, no?

Yes next patch will have better vp gear than you can get in dungeons. So this is meant for next raid tier

You get klaxxi revered for the first few vp upgrades and then golden lotus & shadow pan revered. Some of the honored 450 pieces can help get you to the 440 cap to start heroics. I don't really see the problem....

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You get klaxxi revered for the first few vp upgrades and then golden lotus & shadow pan revered. Some of the honored 450 pieces can help get you to the 440 cap to start heroics. I don't really see the problem....
    ya u get the vp gear for the future but when you hit 90, the only rep available to buy anything is with the klaxxi so thats 1 piece
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the honored 450 pieces can help get you to the 440 cap to start heroics. I don't really see the problem....
    Explain to me how this works, seeing how you will be able to buy one piece of gear from Klaaxi, without 2+ week daily grind. A big help for 440 ilvl requirement. Not.

I did like 4 or 5 normal dungeons and quested everything else and by the time i got lvl 90 i had enough ilvl to do heroics... just saying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Explain to me how this works, seeing how you will be able to buy one piece of gear from Klaaxi, without 2+ week daily grind. A big help for 440 ilvl requirement. Not.
    I dinged 90, finished off quest chains in end zones, ran some normal dungeons, ran some scenarios, got one piece of Klaxxi JP gear and I was good to go in heroics. All in one day. Stop crying.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably meant as a tiered system - to where it may not be useful now, but for the rest of the expansion your work pays off.

And for those players who are slower & aren't going to be grinding heroics hardcore or raiding, by the time they get to it, the gear may be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Quest rewards are more than adequate to push you to 440. I'm sitting at 441 with zero pieces from heroics, bought or Justice gear.

That was 3 hours after I dinged 90.

Deleted
    Yeah I'm sitting on 4k with bugger all to do with it.
    No mats or anything to with it by chance is there ?

I vendored almost all my quest gear in favor of keeping my Heroic DS gear. Took me about 12 hours after hitting level 90 to queue for heroics. With all the 442s and 450s from quest chains, I should have been able to do heroics off the bat.

Are you even lvl 90 yet? cuz it definitely doesnt work like that Im capped jp and vp and still no where near close 2 unlocking the gears myself

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sher5od View Post
    So what exactly is the point of the faction rep grind in MoP? My guild and I have been farming heroics like crazy and I'm pretty much sitting on a set of full 450+ ilvl gear. At the same time I've been grinding out the dailies but since they're gated I'm still working on the golden lotus dailies to unlock the rest. By the time I get to each faction I'll have no use for any of the gear. Heck, I don't have any use for the gear now.

Am I missing just missing something?
    I know what you mean man Im in 463 heroic capped jps and valor and cant use neither one because im not exalted I literally have no use for the jp gear since mine is higher and about time I am exalted to use the valor ima be already in raid tier gear its crazy
    Last edited by Deadsight; 2012-10-01 at 05:08 AM.

I just checked the Klaxi quartermaster and at revered you can get 489 epic armor then at exalted it goes back down to 463 weapons. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sher5od View Post
    I just checked the Klaxi quartermaster and at revered you can get 489 epic armor then at exalted it goes back down to 463 weapons. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning
    From what I've heard, the main reason for the weapons is for transmog.

Rep Gear is meant to fill gaps, exactly as Blizzard has stated in the past. It is not there to outfit you. To help combat bad RNG.

And future uses of VP (at least) is the planned upgrading system for Epics, where you spend VP to upgrade an item, increasing it's ilevel and stats (wasn't finished for 5.0, hence the rep + JP/VP gear). It will likely be added with the next raid tier (5.1 or 5.2, whichever holds the raid(s)).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

VP gear from the rep is ilvl 489.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I dinged 90, finished off quest chains in end zones, ran some normal dungeons, ran some scenarios, got one piece of Klaxxi JP gear and I was good to go in heroics. All in one day. Stop crying.
    Perhaps you should read? The post claimed that JPs are some enormous help in getting geared for heroics. Except you can get whole one item upon reaching 90 and everything else is locked behind Golden Lotus dailies, which will take 2+ week to do. After that time, JP is pretty much useless.