Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    those who did good will do good , such a stupid reply and saw it posted so many times .
    A pve geared rogue wouldnt be able to kill a warrior not even if his afk .

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Warriors are supposed to be pve tanks. If you want to pvp you should reroll a proper class like rogues.
    Rogues are PvE DPS, if you want the pvp you should reroll a proper class.

That being said, alot of classes aint as "bursty" as before, just wait till you get PvP power and blizzard see's who is doing bad / good damage and levels it out. Give it time, so you cant 2shot people boo fucking hoo. If thats how you PvP go play a game like runescape or somthing.

I honestly felt rogues were fine in Cataclysm. They never shot up to ridiculous status until the legendary weapons and raid trinkets came into play, yet everyone (including Blizzard) either stubbornly refused to make that connection, or were just too blind to see it. Now though, cooldowns are longer whether you take prep or not, nobody takes prep anyway cause if you do you have no mobility, and every other class got new tools. Rogues are a bit of a joke right now, but I doubt it lasts long. Every class goes through it.

rogues are fine atm just not op like warrior/hunters. in end of cata they were way to strong.

the weakest era of rogues was s5 (those who played will remember how painful it was fighting warrior/dk +healers in 2s) and being that i even got past 2.2k then i think my opinion is very valid.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Deleted
    Laser-guided karma.

Deleted
    I think we aren't so bad... Simply that the ownage era it's over for us

Quote Originally Posted by rany View Post
    rogues are fine atm just not op like warrior/hunters. in end of cata they were way to strong.

the weakest era of rogues was s5 (those who played will remember how painful it was fighting warrior/dk +healers in 2s) and being that i even got past 2.2k then i think my opinion is very valid.
    We were not "weak" in s5, just not as strong as paladin/dk/hunter. Mutilate did crazy damage and rogue/priest was a powerful comp back then. 2.2k was not particularly challenging. The beginning of season 1 was the only time I can remember rogues being nearly as bad as now, and we are much worse now.

As someone already pointed out, we strong at the end of cata due to legendaries and vial. In season 10 rogues were nothing special, do people think rogues magically became super overpowered out of nowhere? It was pve gear. Without those items, rogues were fairly balanced. Strong, but nothing crazy like ferals , resto shamans or mages. I'm sick of people making out like rogues need fundamental nerfs just as a knee-jerk reaction to the pve-gear.

We were not "weak" in s5, just not as strong as paladin/dk/hunter. Mutilate did crazy damage and rogue/priest was a powerful comp back then. 2.2k was not particularly challenging. The beginning of season 1 was the only time I can remember rogues being nearly as bad as now, and we are much worse now.

As someone already pointed out, we strong at the end of cata due to legendaries and vial. In season 10 rogues were nothing special, do people think rogues magically became super overpowered out of nowhere? It was pve gear. Without those items, rogues were fairly balanced. Strong, but nothing crazy like ferals , resto shamans or mages. I'm sick of people making out like rogues need fundamental nerfs just as a knee-jerk reaction to the pve-gear.
    i lol at the fact you think mut did crazy damage in s5. good one. please tell me why the rogues in my servers who couldnt even break 2k got gladiator 4x in a row in cata.

please if you dont have personal experience, dont talk. if you played a rogue in s5 you would know it was by far the worst season for rogues in arena history. and s6 was back to facerolling to victory due to overbuff of mut/envenom where rogues can burst down plate wearers.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    rogues are not bad or anything, they simply changed and were bugged initially after the changes - here reduced stealth levels comes to mind.

strong survival/gap closer abilities that only subletly had are now availible to all the 3 talent trees.

Finally my Mutilate rogue can have prep or shadowstep. Prior he had access to none of those talents. Making 1 tree op and the other useless wasn't the best for the rogue class as a whole.

Maybe some dmg output numbers need to be adjustet for the specs on lvl90 in proper gear but we don't know yet, i saw only a pve sheet and that wasn't as impressive as it should be, but its only about dps not considering burst, that i really care of.

Maybe shadowstep should be baseline it will fix a lot of sad rogue faces and makes sense to have at least 1 gap closer as a melee class availible...imagine warriors that had to talent in a simple charge.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 10:01 PM ----------

then you missed classic and tbc pvp.
    Realy? In vanilla i could kill people with just my dagger equiped.
    World of roguecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Realy? In vanilla i could kill people with just my dagger equiped.
    World of roguecraft?
    I watched and loved all episodes of world of roguecraft.

It was no problem to gank clothies naked with lvl1 daggers.

However, the opponent usually was wearing cloth and most of the time the rogue beat the warlock class, back then i played both, warlock and rogue pvp and expierenced it all.

you may also notice the Warrior in world of roguecraft who defeats the rogue easily - it was in episode3 i believe. this continued till seasion 6 in wotlk where rogues got access to a better muti ignoring plate armour and continuing in cata in sublety with the 70% arp. Until that, pvp seasioned palas and warriors were quite tough for rogues you could survive with the shi.tloads of tools you had, but they were no easy targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    They arn't shitty, they just arn't as noob friendly anymore. Good rogues are still good and will dominate with them.
    Pretty much this. I've played the same rogue since Vanilla, I got damned good at it, then we had BC and I was forced to improve and got awesome at it, then wrath happened, and I slacked, then Cata came and I didn't even have to try anymore. now We have MoP and it was a wake up call to just how lazy I got. Killed repeatedly and constantly. I dug into my spellbook, re hotkeyed everything, and now the tables are flipped.

TL;DR Learn to be a real Rogue, and drop the button mash mentality fostered so heavily in the last two expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    You should try world of warcraft. It's a game where armor doesn't matter and where rogue rape plate wearer since ever.

World of roguecraft could teach you a lot, I think. Warriors have been the counter class to rogues much longer than rogues have been "unstoppable."

15+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are supposed to be pve tanks. If you want to pvp you should reroll a proper class like rogues.
    lolwut?

/10char
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

This thread makes me sad, If you got locked down by a rogue and one shotted during cata thats your bad dont act like all we had to do is walk up press one button and bam your dead we all know better...Been playing since wow opened day freaking 1 and the amount about people saying l2p were fine is frankly lil people flicking ice at the caged lion sooner or later we will be back..CANT WAIT..

Bring the player, not the class.

Lol thats a joke which is why reckful went from rogue to warrior? Worst shape rogues have ever been in

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rafiyel View Post
    In cataclysm rogues had insane dmg(due to legendaries) and insane cc. They were destroying everything in arenas and Blizz said that they were overall happy where rogues were. Take away the legendaries and they lose some dmg, but are still insane with their cc. Blizz liked the overall power to cc and play of rogues, and decided to mainly keep them where they were while buffing other classes where they lacked, rogue only lack some dmg but made up for it with cc. You're slightly underpowered now as sub, but seriously every class faces some down point and this is looking like rogues. They are still decent, just not so insanely op as they have been.

You 4get they raised every single good cd to ridiculously high cds 2-3 minutes on ALL our useful cds

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 06:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rany View Post

Untill you play a Rogue you cannot nor have the right to say their fine.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 06:22 AM ----------

Your a Joke the cds are over the top long I doubt your doing anything that has to do or even involve good

Deleted
    'WoW Classic' just called for you. He said it hasn't even been that way in his days.

All quit the game after they got their precious legendary's - personal experience right there

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I can't believe people are still crying about season 11 Rogues and are using that season to justify the terrible state Rogues are in.

They pretty much gave everything Rogues had to Warriors. Warriors are pretty much plate wearing Sub Rogues with better control, better damage migration, better healing, better spell lock outs, better mobility and better Burst damage. Why do you think Reckful went over to play a Warrior?

Its okay though. When all is said and done, good Rogues will always find a way to triumph over the people who play unskilled classes. Rogues are a true PvP class, they will eventually put the lesser classes in their place.
    You're an idiot. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Infracted. Flaming isn't tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-05 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenro View Post
    Why are they so shitty in MoP? I thought everything was supposed to balance out at 90. I'm not sure if they got nerfed too much or other classes just got buffed, but this class is shitty.
    I think Rogues are fine its just the other classes that are too strong.

Rogue damage has been nerfed but they still have really good CC.
    The problem is that almost every other class has just as high CC now aswell as higher damage.

Other classes should have their CC drasticly reduced but Rogues should keep theirs, that would balance out their low damage output.