Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When your honor grinding group would queue for WSG, send 1 person in to check to see if you were up against the premade from the opposite faction. If you were, everybody left queue and the leader queued for AB so the guy in WSG could leave and you could requeue and he could check again.

Laughing manically about someone pvping without a weapon chain.

Deleted
    I don't remember it being the case that all you needed was a single kill (you might be right, I just don't recall), but I have several of my original characters from classic (many got remade in BC when you could actually level alts in a reasonable amount of time) that don't have even rank 1
    I find the titles on all my alts. Dunno how they got lost on yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I was like level 22 when BGs opened (21-30 was the lowest bracket)..
    There was a 15-19 bracket, too, it was just filled with twinks wearing level 60 enchants and the fishing hat and would slaughter you instantly

Although I imagine the twink movement came a bit later into the game when people 60s with enchants and could afford to sugar daddy their level 19. I don't even remember when the fishing tournament was added to get that hat.

I didn't really follow patch notes in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Nog View Post
    I find the titles on all my alts. Dunno how they got lost on yours.
    I don't know that they got lost. It's entirely possibly they never had an HK.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There was a 15-19 bracket, too, it was just filled with twinks wearing level 60 enchants and the fishing hat and would slaughter you instantly

Although I imagine the twink movement came a bit later into the game when people 60s with enchants and could afford to sugar daddy their level 19. I don't even remember when the fishing tournament was added to get that hat.
    I am almost a hundred percent sure that 21-30 was the lowest bracket. And it was quite amazing at level 30. Seeing as warriors had access to some level 40 ilvl weapon from their class quest and hunters could get the gun/bow from the Nesingwary quests with an ilvl around 43. And that's not even counting the new lvl 30 spells. Shamans with windfury and air totems too I think?
    Then later they made it a lot more balanced by making it 20-29, and I also think that they introduced the 10-19 bracket at that time.

You played vanilia if you know, that once getting epix was exciting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post
    I remember when I first got my T2 helm and had almost full T1. Felt like a badass, even though I was a Holy Paladin...haha.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    arcanite reaper HOOOOOOO!

You played vanilla if you remember that there used to be spell tomes to learn certain ranks of a spell.

Deleted
    You had never heard of recount or even addons

Strath timed runs

Quote Originally Posted by caveman295 View Post
    funny... i joined at the beginning of BC and have played a disc priest ever since as main... i can still name all original priest racials and i know what benediction does, as well as the rogue one...
    Thats because alot of these things were not just vanilla and the OP is weird.
    N

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember it being the case that all you needed was a single kill (you might be right, I just don't recall), but I have several of my original characters from classic (many got remade in BC when you could actually level alts in a reasonable amount of time) that don't have even rank 1.

Glancing through my Feats now, I have five different titles between all my toons. Most earned at least rank 2 -- I think that's when you got the trinket -- and only one was only rank 1. That leaves about three characters unaccounted for that had no rank at all.
    You couldn't drop below private once you hit it and yes all that was required for private was 1 HK, 25-40 for corporal or something, but since corporal could drop to private you had to get active income of hks else it could drop

10+ Year Old Account
    When you remember that the casting time for a mount was a lot longer than currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Wow dude, the scholomance one, very good one! Forgot about that one, haha.

Remember when AV opened up, it was so busy in alterac mountains, whole server standing infront of the entrance to the BG! No battlegroups, just faction vs faction against your own server people!
    Also have to had upon hours and hours in the same AV

10+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilla when you saw an enhancement shaman with sulfur hammer, you RUN AWAY, YOU RUN AWAY MAN. For the Horde!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post
    Just because you were bad it doesn't mean everyone was. Epics wasn't that easy attainable like now, but once you raided you were full epics within some raids.

A reason why you may feel epic was exciting is:

1- 60 Took 2-6 months.
    Epic item at level 40 lasted out 53-55 and alone that was almost 1 month of gaming depending on the playes. Epic felt rewarding. But at max level it's pretty much the same. The only difference you might feel now is that causals also get epics, but they didn't in vanilla. Btw, the game was new aswell, one more factor why it felt hard and rewadring.

Compared to today

1-85 - less than 2 days
    epics fom 1-85 replaced by greens due to bad scaling.
    Pretty much that's why, but raids and heroics/dungeons haven't gotten easier, people just got smarter and the game has gotten easier to understand, more balanced etc.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reepa View Post
    You played vanilla if you remember that there used to be spell tomes to learn certain ranks of a spell.
    Very few spells, such as buffs. Arcane Brilliance which was a buff that lasted 1 hour instead of 30min. Mark of the wild 30 min and the tome one gift of the wild 1 hour. same with fortitude 30min -> 1 hous and that shadow resistance.

When i think about it. There were some for rogues aswell and hunters if not misaken. Was is eviscerate. Although you learned that fom the trainer later but you could get a higher rank at earlier point if not mistaken. for hunters I think it was arcane shot, but not 100% sure here.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2012-10-01 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I am almost a hundred percent sure that 21-30 was the lowest bracket.
    I can't speak for when battlegrounds first went live (I didn't play until around patch 1.3 or 1.4) but they were absolutely available to queue for starting at level 15 for most of classic.

One of my first characters, which I haven't touched since vanilla (you can tell by the warrior with +spirit gear!) is level 19. Since it was pre-achievements there's no record of the actual games I've played on my personal pvp stats, but I have about 500 rep with WSG and I'm rank two. (I remember playing the games, too, figured rep was a good way to verify).
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-10-01 at 04:34 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    You played vanilla when you saw an enhancement shaman with sulfur hammer, you RUN AWAY, YOU RUN AWAY MAN. For the Horde!
    As rogue I actually beat enhancement shaman, although with the legendary I never tried. But it was a goal itself to be able to beat a shammy. Re-ankh was a pain and frost shock dealing 1/4th of your HP.. not so god

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    You had never heard of recount or even addons
    Addons were brightly known around the world. Actually more then now. I remember using loads of different addons then that I don't do now. But about recount/skada dmg meter I had never heard of

Deleted
    When you remember the old and best Windfury animations from Shamans when they where only on the Horde side, and the old Lightnight bold sound?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember it being the case that all you needed was a single kill (you might be right, I just don't recall), but I have several of my original characters from classic (many got remade in BC when you could actually level alts in a reasonable amount of time) that don't have even rank 1.

Glancing through my Feats now, I have five different titles between all my toons. Most earned at least rank 2 -- I think that's when you got the trinket -- and only one was only rank 1. That leaves about three characters unaccounted for that had no rank at all.
    Pretty sure that this is a crap way to discover if someone played during vanilla or not. I have two accounts and play one I bought during tBC far more than I do my original day1 account, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.