Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Last i heard, the Alliance and Horde were enemies, and it should stay that way, Anduin seems as though he wants peace.
    Last I heard, there's this massive army of space aliens led by an evil Titan named Sargeras that want to crush Azeroth into the ground. There's also this army of the undead that roams Azeroth and is only kept in check by the will of a man who is constantly fighting the will of a lich.

Clearly the smartest thing to do is fight each other instead of uniting to get rid of those threats once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Clearly the smartest thing to do is fight each other instead of uniting to get rid of those threats once and for all.
    They dont know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Whatever side you choose in this game, you know that the second side is the bad one.
    Sorry but no. All the time I'm playing Horde as long as quests are neutral things are pretty ok, but every time it comes to obligatory "kill alliance" quest I'm feeling like I'm playing some psychotic shithead serial killer who only kills for killing sake. Or demonic cultist maniac. Or mad torturer. Or stupid barbarian. There's exactly zero quests which includes both "honor" that Orc like to brag about and "interacting with Alliance".

You know, I have relative who's now spending time in prison, so I had many chance to listen to him and his sort of people. They too like to speak about "honor", "pride", "freeing yourself of oppression", "taking what rightfully theirs and destroying anything that stands in the way". Well, most Orc quests sounds exactly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Sorry but no. All the time I'm playing Horde as long as quests are neutral things are pretty ok, but every time it comes to obligatory "kill alliance" quest I'm feeling like I'm playing some psychotic shithead serial killer who only kills for killing sake. Or demonic cultist maniac. Or mad torturer. Or stupid barbarian. There's exactly zero quests which includes both "honor" that Orc like to brag about and "interacting with Alliance".

You know, I have relative who's now spending time in prison, so I had many chance to listen to him and his sort of people. They too like to speak about "honor", "pride", "freeing yourself of oppression", "taking what rightfully theirs and destroying anything that stands in the way". Well, most Orc quests sounds exactly like that.
    you are aware that Alliance and Horde quests are mostly mirrored, right? That means both sides are doing the same things. when it's "Kill 10 alliance" the alliance has "kill 10 horde."

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    you are aware that Alliance and Horde quests are mostly mirrored, right? That means both sides are doing the same things. when it's "Kill 10 alliance" the alliance has "kill 10 horde."
    Do we play different game? Did you really play both factions? Cause I did. There's handful of mirrored on Alliance side that appeared in Cataclysm and later in MoP, but until then entire game was:

Horde: let's capture spirit of Alliance's dead and poison Draenei, Alliance: let's clear demonic artillery over Thrallmar so Orcs won't die (Hellfire Peninsula)
    Horde: let's backstab Alliance fighting Scourge! We failed, hero, kill remaining half-dead for us! For honor! Alliance: We were backstabbed, but what matters most - can you please finish us so Scourge won't claim us? (ICC)

Even Cataclysm is:
    Horde: let's kill Cenarion guys and use fel magic to corrupt Forest Heart! Alliance: *sigh* let's clean up this demonic mess. (Ashenvale)

I didn't had chance to play much on my Alliance characters in MoP because of all the raid preparations, but even Jade Forest greeted me with:
    Horde:
    Let's kidnap kids from nearby Pandaren and hold them hostage under demonic supervision because they don't agree to our "offer" that they must provide us supplies for free and then Orc warlock-commander succumbing to Sha while shouting "They resisted mighty Horde! I should've killed entire village!"
    vs. Alliance:
    Where all Alliance did is to take some Pandaren to work (without restraining or forbidding them to leave) and their only complaint was that they were building war-base and Alliance commander succumbing to Sha while shouting "I failed my king!"

Kind of... not exactly mirrored, right?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2012-10-12 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Yes because its true, both factions fought back the demons, the lich king, deathwing... The horde has slain just as many of the World's evils as the Alliance.

Also to prove his point he's standing next to a Tauren Sunwalker who if spoken to states that he is protecting him!

The Tauren's comment "have you ever met our leader?" though really shows where the problem lies in the Horde. Bad apples spoil the bunch.
    I have difficulties seeing anything good in the forsaken and goblins.

Horde and alliance working together we've had in past expansions and imo makes things dull and boring. The only time horde and allaince should of worked together was to take out LK and I was fine with that. But otherwise working together and being peaceful handholders against one evil foe, in a virtual war game would just water down lore and water down the "War" feeling of the game. The alliance vs the horde keeps things fresh after defeating evil foes of the world, and keeps the lore interesting and exciting. I'm loving what they're doing in mists to have more horde vs allaince type things in the game. It's more exciting and interesting, now if I could just get horde on my server to help me vs. 3-4 other allaince trying to kill me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    So the Japanese suing for peace in the face of displays of incredible military might in WWII acted inappropriately to save hundreds of thousands of Japanese lives then?
    I'd rather compare it to Pearl Harbour. How would americans feel if Roosevelt sued for peace and praised the japanes right after?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes on you, he's gonna be the new king.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonellia View Post
    A near four year old necro ... well done old chap, well done ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonellia View Post
    Really a nearly 4 years old thread you post in? I think in this case you could of started a new one.
    Also how is this joke on anyone? The son of the King becoming the king who could of possibly guessed that?
    What a shocking development and isn't that a spoiler one too?
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2016-08-01 at 02:47 PM.

Meh. Horde vs. Alliance is boring and stupid.

That whole story line needs to end. It's over a decade old and has run its course.

Time to inject new story lines into the game.

Time for cross-faction everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy mother of necros

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They dont know that.
    The leaders of the Horde and Alliance dont know the Legion is coming, and the Scourge exist, and that there is another Old GoD out there?
    o.0

Edit: its a damn necro :/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I think we have a new Lich King... or Queen. I don't know if Bonnellia is a male or female name

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Doesn't really change much of anything. Anduin IS a terrible character all around. The problem with the story always was that the Alliance was uninteresting mostly because the story writers didn't care about it. Which instead made the Horde the protagonists, with morality being heavily centered around the Horde. We could pull off the most audacious stuff, the most terrible crimes, the most horrendous transgressions against the Alliance and were rewarded for it. Even when losing a war, we came out stronger where the Alliance has been in decline since WC 3.

That is one of the main problems with the story, what does any victory of the Legion or other forces mean for the Alliance, when they'll just fall for to us in the long run. It means nothing. Cooperation with the Horde is like working together with that guy that slowly stabs you to death each time you turn your back. Sure you might still manage to beat the other guys you were fighting together, but you'll be dead anyway and he'll walk off having won it all.

Which is why Anduins character all throughout WoW was, terrible. Same as Jaina's was for the longest time. When the one faction loves a leader of their enemies faction, while that faction loathes them. You know that character is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I think we have a new Lich King... or Queen. I don't know if Bonnellia is a male or female name
    To be fair, for once a Necro doesn't appear so bad. Because this was about Anduin and him being King and now well, he is.