Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Level all the pets!

But on a serious note, having levelled just short of 350 pets to level 25 by now.

I would say my personal favourite would either be the Emerald Proto-Whelp with a P/P Breed or the regular Anubisath Idol.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Luubox; 2013-09-04 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Bad setup for lvling on trainers...they have a lot of birds (anti water), critters (anti-undead) and some water pets (frogs mostly).
    I recomend you go with mehanical + beast + humanid + dragon setup (dragon and human have almost no counters exept 2 trainers in total .. 1 in northend and 1 near kara).
    Thank you for your post I was also considering something like celestial dragon / grunty / lil-xt. I guess that would be a better setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    A "what to bring and or train" thread... The hunter forums are wise:
    Sporebat!!
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been doign some battles with unborn valk. haunt combined with UA is really really strong. I also like having Harbringer of flame its got more attack power than anubis idol, its attacks are strong enough to go through stone skin with its basic attack. and if you have immolate=conflag its damn near a 1 shot. or if you dont use conflag immolate plus impale is just about the same. Ive been working with a direhorn runt but im trying not to use it...i feel scummy using it lol. The Redpanda pet is suprisingly stout its a shame it dosent have any strong attacks although cute face and cuddle? are kinda lols

9 more 25s to get my acheivement. im going for 1-2 leveled to 25 a day and I have a 3 day weekend coming.....HNNNGGGG
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    Level all the pets!

But on a serious note, having levelled just short of 350 pets to level 25 by now.

I would say my personal favourite would either be the Emerald Proto-Whelp with a P/P Breed or the regular Anubisath Idol.

Hope it helps
    That's just sick. lol. I was proud of my wimpy 37 pets. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Heh. Anyone serious about pet battles by now would have ~100- pet collectors would aim for 75 for the achieve pet. Me, im casual and I just got the 10 lvl 25 pet achieves recently. I mostly level them up to 24 and then sell them at a higher price- they sell better on my realm then pure lvl 25 pets due to ppl wanting easy achievement+good pets.

Actually leveling a new team for myself in order to do the legendary pets easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    A while ago my 650th pet reached lvl 25. :P

Now I have to wait until wednesday for another 350 slots. Yay.

So many people QQ about Direhorns but hardly anyone QQs about Lil Paytowin'naros with his ridiculous stun, 600 a hit swing and untouchable for 3 rounds while putting out about 600 damage...
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    So many people QQ about Direhorns but hardly anyone QQs about Lil Paytowin'naros with his ridiculous stun, 600 a hit swing and untouchable for 3 rounds while putting out about 600 damage...
    Oh lil'Rag. that took me a minute

Yeah i hate him. Highest Attack in the game, with an OP stun plus a 3 turn vanish. no pet causes me as much rage as him.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Yeah i hate him. Highest Attack in the game, with an OP stun plus a 3 turn vanish. no pet causes me as much rage as him.
    The stun is quite random, though - sometimes it even wears off without activating at all.
    Submerge aka Sons of Flame can be countered by Sandstorm or basically everything that lowers the dmg of single hits, causing the sons to hit like wet noodles.

I do agree that he is very strong. Personally, I just find the Direhorns overall a bit more annoying.
    That said, double direhorn + Ragna = GG against most comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    A while ago my 650th pet reached lvl 25. :P

Now I have to wait until wednesday for another 350 slots. Yay.
    JW how you can possibly manually level that many pets yourself?

Anyone have a good solution for fighting an aquatic/flying team of NPC pets? I have been using my phoenix hawk from TK since he usually mauls them but it doesn't seem to have the longevity im looking for and flying critters make his multi-strike not nearly as effective at times since hes dragon type and doesn't always go first.

I've reached 2000 PVP wins (all with 25s) winning mostly with

Crawling Claw (shadow slash / grip / CoD)
    Darkmoon Tonk (missile / minefield / ion cannon)
    Lil Ragnaros (smash / trap / sons)

About 80% win ratio, beating most imp swap teams by simply opening with claw then immediately switching tonk in to eat the nether gate, which always brings the claw back in. Won 17 in a row earlier this morning including a few crushing wins vs crap like double fiendish imp direhorn, etc etc, before finally losing to triple pandaren spirit. I plow through crawdads, anubisaths, clockwork gnomes and other common and annoying pets with relative ease.

Fiendish Imp S/S (burn / immolation / nether gate)
    Gilnean Raven (alpha strike / call darkness / nocturnal strike)
    Direhorn of some sort (charge / horn attack / cry)

Is also pretty strong, maintaining a similar win ratio. Might be crap next patch with the direhorn nerf but I can put something else equally annoying in like Wolpertinger or one of the new moths that has an elemental / magic damage spammable instead of alpha strike.

Another team which is pretty fun and should remain somewhat OP post patch is:

Zandalari Anklerender P/P (hunting party / primal cry / black claw)
    Corefire Imp (burn / immolation / cauterize)
    Fiendish Imp S/S (burn / immolation / nether gate)

08:40:55 [Pet Battle]: [Hunting Party] dealt 216 damage to enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot.
    08:40:55 [Pet Battle]: [Hunting Party] dealt 213 damage to enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot.
    08:40:55 [Pet Battle]: [Hunting Party] applied [Shattered Defenses] to enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot.
    08:40:59 [Pet Battle]: [Immolation] dealt 639 damage to enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot (Strong).
    08:40:59 [Pet Battle]: Enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot died.
    08:41:02 [Pet Battle]: [Failsafe] healed 312 damage from enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot.
    08:41:03 [Pet Battle]: [Immolation] dealt 956 damage to enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot (Critical).
    08:41:03 [Pet Battle]: Enemy Clockwork Rocket Bot died.

Yeah that's not broken.

Probably half my losses are bad RNG (trap not going off at all, minefield missing during sandstorm, direhorn getting 4 horn attack stuns in a row etc). Not much you can do. Wins where enemy players think they're smart are the best. Guy runs Sen'jin Fetish, immediately dispels my magma trap, stuns himself, dies. Same with terrible turnip which always runs tidal wave.

A lot of comps are being trashed next patch, direhorns will be nearly useless. The best way to figure out what pets to level is to play a lot of pet battles and level things that beat you badly.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2013-09-08 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    JW how you can possibly manually level that many pets yourself?
    I spend most of my WoW-time on pet battles. And that is a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I've reached 2000 PVP wins (all with 25s) winning mostly with

Crawling Claw (shadow slash / grip / CoD)
    Darkmoon Tonk (missile / minefield / ion cannon)
    Lil Ragnaros (smash / trap / sons)

I think I que into you last night. Had unborn valk, toothy, and fiendish imp, subbing toothy for harbringer. it went both ways..... I dont think I like you very much.
    PS who ever I qued into that ran crackling crawler, bone spider, and fiendish imp "swap cleave" I hate you a little bit :\
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-08 at 07:47 PM.
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I think I que into you last night. Had unborn valk, toothy, and fiendish imp, subbing toothy for harbringer. it went both ways..... I dont think I like you very much.
    PS who ever I qued into that ran crackling crawler, bone spider, and fiendish imp "swap cleave" I hate you a little bit :\
    that might have been me

I run :
    swap sweep team - Crawling Claw [hand of Doom), bone spider, and fiendish imp
    Cold Stun (can get a 2 turn stun if timed right)
    Nightfall (call darkness team)
    Meta team (Stunted direhorn for those 800+ hits, Unborn for the team damage boost and warbot for 700+ minefields

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    If you're the guy who had harbinger with magma wave (who the hell runs harbinger with magma wave?), destroyed my minefield since I had no idea you'd run that ability, then still lost when magma trap blew up on the last turn with your imp at 1200 hp and my lil rag at about 300, then yep. :]

10+ Year Old Account
    No not me. O: i didnt know magma wave did that. I run immolate conflag. but thats a good tip to know.

Ive come to the conclusion that the pet battle scene is almost as scummy as pvp scene.

:P jk had some good games last night. GL all you peeps.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-09 at 01:01 AM.
    14/14h and finally done

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find Frosty, the pet from the WorlK CE to be pretty worthless, avoid.

Moths on the other hand, are the exterminators. ;o Get yourself a rare Garden Moth, and you'll see.

I will literally 2 shot another level 25 pet...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Frosty isn't worthless at all. I think Bigglesworth is the only other Undead pet with Ice Tomb. Just pair him with things that can capitalize on Ice Tomb and Call Blizzard and you have yourself a decent cornerstone to a team.

As an example:
    Frosty / Snowman / Kun-Lai Runt

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice