Deleted
    I suspect this is going to be a stupid question, so apologies in advance - but I have just checked the guide again on the first page and it looks like some of it is missing (probably just something missing in ma head).

The sections I see at the moment are:-

Basics and Playstyle
    Talents and Glyphs
    Stats
    Misc.

Wasnt there a section on rotation and AOE? I am sure there was more in the guide before?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rotation's under basics, I never really got around to doing an AOE thing.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, does somebody of you guys play with Kadris' Toxic Totem? Seems like Waterbolt from pet doesn´t trigger Multistrike? Intended or a bug?

Arcane 5.5 - 6.5% Multistrike
    Frost 4.2 - 5.2% Multistrike

in average.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Out of curiosity, does somebody of you guys play with Kadris' Toxic Totem? Seems like Waterbolt from pet doesn´t trigger Multistrike? Intended or a bug?

Arcane 5.5 - 6.5% Multistrike
    Frost 4.2 - 5.2% Multistrike

in average.
    Akraen does. I'll try and pick apart logs and check.

Deleted
    Would be nice. If this is not intended, we have to report a bug! We´re talking about ~1% overall damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Rotation's under basics, I never really got around to doing an AOE thing.
    Ahh ok. I thought i was going mad.

In that case as there seems to be a fair amount of AOE in SoO, can you check my thoughts on 5.4 AOE to make sure I am not too far off the mark.

Frost Mage 5.4 AOE

With 2-5 Stacked.
    Bomb: Nether Tempest. Keep applied on as many as possible
    Glyphed Cone of Cold on cooldown (depending on if it is appropriate to use the Glyph in the encounter)
    Glyphed of Splitting Ice (depending on if it is appropriate to use the Glyph in the encounter)
    Single Target mobs (and also use flamestrike on cooldown?) – keeping up Frozen orb on the group.
    Use Pet Freeze and Frost Nova on cooldown (or when bombs are dropping off?) to take advantage of Shatter. (I am not sure if Nether Tempest is affected by Shatter)

With > 5 stacked.
    Bomb: Frost Bomb
    Flamestrike
    Glyphed Cone of Cold
    Freeze/Frost Nova before bomb explodes (to take advantage of shatter).
    Arcane Explosion

Pet attacks do not trigger any of the multistrike type trinkets

Deleted
    "If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?" Damn this is a bit unfair, isn´t it? I love my lil welly.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-09-24 at 01:06 PM.

To Pete in regards to Thok,

I do go on Thok first. We do Thok, bats, the yeti, and then the fire. Do you have any footage of you as arcane for spoils?

mm, i can get like 10-11k haste, should i take as much as possible or forge some into mastery to get like 9600 haste and rest to mastery, or something like that?

Deleted
    @Boxed

Yeah we want to do the same order, but we want to kill the boss before the fire. No sorry, I don´t have any footage with arcane, because of our lag problems (which seems to be way more worse on our server according to tracert and some Blizzard employees). I will try to stream tonight (in ~3 hours), but maybe I will try frost again, who knows :P
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-09-24 at 01:43 PM.

NT is affected by Shatter, but only if you actually cast it on a frozen enemy. It's really good because the snapshotting of dots means that NT will have the 100% (or close to) crit chance for the ENTIRE duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Appreciate those changes, but I'd prefer the idea to change FOF. Instead of +25% IL it would be +100% mastery IL. That way IL would scale with a secondary stat.

But any buff is of course welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    I gave Thok a shot as mastery frost with frost armor: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...46#Boxedwaffle

Bear in mind that I didn't use pots or a flask. I'm interested in seeing the new buffs to frost, but based on our breakdowns, I don't really think that they'll be sufficient. Nevertheless, I'll reserve judgement until after I see them implemented.
    You should try playing masterfrost on single target oriented encounters such as Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok, and Darkshaman. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised. Every single target test that I've done puts masterfrost on equal footing to the numbers I can put out as arcane.

I still don't think that it's going to keep pace when arcane is allowed to 4 charge camp on multi target encounters but we'll see.

Deleted
    Do I have a complete blackout or is every %dmg multiplicative?

Let´s say we have a 200k FoF Ice Lance and we add 20% buff, 20% T16 2p and 20% from glyphed icy veins we got:

200 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 345.6k ??? + 172.8 cleave?

This would us bring to 518.4k per global? This would be a 218.4k increase before buff, without t16 2p and without IV glyph? Is this correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even entirely sure, I unglyphed icy veins last raid and my #s went up. I need more data to analyze though. I'll know after tonight a better set plan to explain to frosties.

Akraen/Mastamage I see you both like to snapshot your procs, do you use a WeakAura to alert you when trinket procs have pushed Spell Power/Intellect past certain thresholds? If so could you share?

I have an aura set up but in the heat of an encounter it is easy to miss the aura (no audio alert which I will try to add). The other issue is damn proc goes for 10 seconds and at the top end you need to be super fast to get a Bomb back up (you get a whole second at maxed stats).

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Do I have a complete blackout or is every %dmg multiplicative?
    Let´s say we have a 200k FoF Ice Lance and we add 20% buff, 20% T16 2p and 20% from glyphed icy veins we got:
    200 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 345.6k ??? + 172.8 cleave?
    This would us bring to 518.4k per global? This would be a 218.4k increase before buff, without t16 2p and without IV glyph? Is this correct?
    That looks about right, but its only valid for the scenario of:
    2 targets within range + Icy Veins up+ 2T16 proc.

As such i'd be hesitant to say 518.4k per global - makes it sound like something you can do all the time whereas its more like something you can pull off a 2-4 times every 3 mins, if there are 2 targets. (Considering it would release and split icicles as well, that's quite the little punch when it happens)

I still would've preferred some interaction of mastery affecting IL damage to better is scaling in the long run, but oh well - wont look a gift buff in the mouth.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-09-24 at 05:55 PM.