AMR does a great job if you edit your weights properly. I would never played under hit cap tbh, better to be 0.5% over than 0.5% under
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradea View Post
    I am a tiny bit under hit now at 14.46 but it still says I have 0.00% chance to miss.
    You're probably looking at the melee hit section.

14.46 is Wayyyyy undercapped, and will lose you a noticeable amount of dps. Acceptable under hit is only around 0.01 - 0.05 percent.

So i have started to use Affdots-Mage over the weekend to help inform me when i should up reapply my NT/LB based on snapshot stats.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots-mage
    Its working our really well, apart from a few LUA errors, that dont seem to have any effect on me or the data that im requesting. (so i just turned off the lua errors for now)
    Just wondering if anyone else is using it and what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Acceptable under hit is only around 0.01 - 0.05 percent.
    That is in no way true. You can easily go down to 14.80 or slightly lower and never see a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    That is in no way true. You can easily go down to 14.80 or slightly lower and never see a miss.
    That's annecdotal. You could also be at 14% hit and never see a miss. But in general, you want to minimize your chance to miss an attack as much as possible if you want to maximize your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    That's annecdotal. You could also be at 14% hit and never see a miss. But in general, you want to minimize your chance to miss an attack as much as possible if you want to maximize your dps.
    Anecdotal? Its math then you make a very obvious statement. Some would prefer being 1% over rather then be .2% under, some the opposite. Statisticly speaking its fine.

You'd miss about once every 500 casts. That's fairly likely to happen in the longer boss fights.

Also, that's a poorly worded statement. You could go all the way down to -84.99% and still never see a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You'd miss about once every 500 casts. That's fairly likely to happen in the longer boss fights.

Also, that's a poorly worded statement. You could go all the way down to -84.99% and still never see a miss.
    It is not poorly worded because i am using common sense. But i guess it is my fault that I would assume the keyboard geniuses around here would exercise at same judgment.

It is not poorly worded because i am using common sense. But i guess it is my fault that I would assume the keyboard geniuses around here would exercise at same judgment.
    You're a fucking idiot.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-10-21 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    fast question about Mage bomb - living bomb to be exact...

Shall i refresh if before it expires or let it drop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradea View Post
    I am a tiny bit under hit now at 14.46 but it still says I have 0.00% chance to miss.
    Maybe you have some expertise gem/enchant/reforge?

Expertise counts towards the chance to miss but it isn't reflected in the hit rating

Quote Originally Posted by Cuteness View Post
    fast question about Mage bomb - living bomb to be exact...

Shall i refresh if before it expires or let it drop?
    Refresh it before the last tick: you get the explosion and do not lose any ticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Refresh it before the last tick: you get the explosion and do not lose any ticks.
    Big thx mate

Quote Originally Posted by Cluthu View Post
    Maybe you have some expertise gem/enchant/reforge?

Expertise counts towards the chance to miss but it isn't reflected in the hit rating
    Not in the rating, but it still gets displayed in the total hit value. So if you have, say, 2550 hit and 2550 expertise, your spell hit chance would read as +15%.

well, this thread escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    well, this thread escalated quickly
    What he said o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe we have now regressed into a hit cap debate.

Quick run some numbers on parry gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I can't believe we have now regressed into a hit cap debate.

Quick run some numbers on parry gemming.
    My Blood DK's ears just perked up.

I'm sorry I started such a debate about the hit chance. I reforged a ring that i had crit to mastery to crit to hit and am now at 15.10.
    The 0.00% though was listed under the spell hit chance.
    At any rate now that I am over hit can anyone take a look and tell me gem wise if what i am doing seems right. Mr Robot would have me gemming almost all expertise + hit where i have found that if i just reforge like 2 pieces i think from crit to hit I am open to gem int and haste. My second question is if I should be gemming all of the sockets int haste or should i be doing some straight int or straight haste.

Also would it be worth losing like 350 Int to gain .42% haste?
    Last edited by Aradea; 2013-10-21 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    My Blood DK's ears just perked up.
    LOL HAHA mine too wiat is that a good thing or bad? o_O