Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Testing done. Seems like crit and mastery even out at around 23% buffed with the new 4p. Crit to cap will even out your DPS, mastery will give you better burst if you're lucky with crits. Nothing really changes overall stat-wise, but it's an interesting point in gear. I went and gemmed haste to 10440, as that seems to be where it dropped off back to 1 int >= 2 haste. For comparison to the graph above, it was done at exactly 9000 haste.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-03-26 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Here's what I'm getting :

But, with those weight, it means that gemming Haste is better than gemming Intellect right ?

320 Haste gem : 320*2.57 = 822.4
    160 Int : 160*4.60 = 736

Is that one of those simc (bs) haste break points again ?

Deleted
    Obtained Wushoolay and Hydra heroic this ID. Simcraft showed me Int 5.2 Crit 1.8 Haste 3.9 Mastery 1.7 till ~12.500k haste. After some testing I think it is save to say once you get a ppm trinket, you have to gem pure haste till legendary arrives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Obtained Wushoolay and Hydra heroic this ID. Simcraft showed me Int 5.2 Crit 1.8 Haste 3.9 Mastery 1.7 till ~12.500k haste. After some testing I think it is save to say once you get a ppm trinket, you have to gem pure haste till legendary arrives.
    So, even the Valor Points one ? Cause thats what I have, maybe thats why haste is so high in my sim too ?

Deleted
    So it confirm that r-ppm have a big influence on stat scaling, especially haste. I'm curious to see if Cha'Ye can have a similar influence with Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    So, even the Valor Points one ? Cause thats what I have, maybe thats why haste is so high in my sim too ?
    The VP trinket is not a RPPM trinket so no, that one doesn't count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    The VP trinket is not a RPPM trinket so no, that one doesn't count.
    Oh, I thought all 5.2 trinkets were. My bad.

So, why is my haste value so high and Intellect is meh ? :O

Along the same vein of thinking here, when I go into AMR, lower heroic gear to tier 14 only, and leave other gear options at tier 15, click best in slot, it puts me wearing t14 heroic robes and helm for 2 pc with normal 2 pc t15. I just thought that was interesting. I dunno if it is because AMR can't value the 4 pc t15 properly or if 2 pc t14 is just that good? Could this be a relative of the phenomenon you are seeing at high levels of haste, mastery value goes up, so icelance damage value goes up too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I'm getting :

But, with those weight, it means that gemming Haste is better than gemming Intellect right ?

320 Haste gem : 320*2.57 = 822.4
    160 Int : 160*4.60 = 736

Is that one of those simc (bs) haste break points again ?
    It would seem to be better to gem haste at that point, yeah. Go do a 10k iteration sim, no weights, but use a reforge graphs for haste and int. It'll show you how regemming would impact your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Haste 3.9
    Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    So it confirm that r-ppm have a big influence on stat scaling, especially haste. I'm curious to see if Cha'Ye can have a similar influence with Crit.
    I intend to pick one up eventually for frost bomb situations. If someone beats me to it, do some testing for us?
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-03-26 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    So here's what I got :

I do not really understand this graph, from the looks of it i'm at my max dps, but it tells me haste is better than int in my stats weights (well, for gemming at least).
    So is it contracticting itself ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not really understand this graph, from the looks of it i'm at my max dps, but it tells me haste is better than int in my stats weights (well, for gemming at least).
    So is it contracticting itself ?
    It's saying that 2 haste will increase your DPS more than 1 int will, but not if you sacrifice that 1 int for that 2 haste. If you suddenly got just +2 haste out of nowhere, it'd be a gain more than a +1 int out of nowhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's saying that 2 haste will increase your DPS more than 1 int will, but not if you sacrifice that 1 int for that 2 haste. If you suddenly got just +2 haste out of nowhere, it'd be a gain more than a +1 int out of nowhere.
    Oh ok. That makes more sense, thanks.
    Still weird, cause this isn't what you could pick up from the stat weights result .

Deleted
    Question regarding cooldowns..

I got myself a nuke macro, which I pop and than hit AT.
    The macro contains the following:

/cast Lifeblood
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast Mirror Image
    /stopcasting

I tend to cast it when I have 2 FoF and BF procs up.

Would you say that's a proper way of doing it? Or would you do something different, and if so, why?

How does one properly use the soft cap box in AMR stat weights? Is it necessary?

I did SimC, got my weights and plugged them into AMR. When I do that, it tells me to regem haste.

Now, when I put in .3693 in the soft cap and nothing in the soft cap weight, it tells me to regem most of my gems to haste or haste/int or haste hit, and reforge is really weird telling me to forge some mastery and some crit.

When I put .3693 soft cap and a weight of 1, it tells me not to regem or reforge anything.

So, which is right?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raves/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    Question regarding cooldowns..

I got myself a nuke macro, which I pop and than hit AT.
    The macro contains the following:

/cast Lifeblood
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast Mirror Image
    /stopcasting

I tend to cast it when I have 2 FoF and BF procs up.

Would you say that's a proper way of doing it? Or would you do something different, and if so, why?
    Potion should be used before pull so you'll be able to use another one at the appropiate moment. You'll still have the buff during AT and yours procs.

Same thing for Mirror Image, it triggers a GCD so it an abysmal dps loss to cast it during combat and not pre-pull.

Deleted
    Dunno what to think about this tier. Stats and scaling drives me crazy! I´m at so much hit at the moment, I can´t gem full hit/haste exp./haste and I´m looking forward to get the Staff from Horridon.

So the consensus is that with the 4set t15 it is better to gem full haste to 10k rating?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamagee/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    So the consensus is that with the 4set t15 it is better to gem full haste to 10k rating?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamagee/simple
    Seems mastery does a bump too, but haste is good for RPPM trinkets too.. I agree with Pete, scaling/stats/gearing is weird and complex this tier...

Sounds like Frost will still be playable once we're crit and haste capped due to mastery being not-so-bad. This is good news as I've fallen in love with Frost this tier. Fire just feels blah and Arcane doesn't interest me anymore.

Deleted
    I have one question about gear choice for frost mages:

My current Ilvl is 504, and I have 4 parts of t14 tier and the undasta chest.

I wonder if is good to swap my current 483 legs for the Valor one or for the legs from first boss(normal). What do you think? Will I lose much DPS because the lack of 4p bonus? Or the better itemization and ilvl will overwhelm that loss?