Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    It's sad when looking at frost that I can pick out the days you, me, Boxed, Kuni, or a few others killed a boss.

I'll still be frost next tier. If our progression suffers use me as an example.
    Altruistic Akraen, you'll be a martyr for the cause. I'll likely be RoP arcane. Just trying to figure out if I want to play haste or mastery.

Deleted
    Wish I could stay frost just because I like it more than arcane and fire, but I have to play what does most damage and scale best : /

@Kenbud, what do you mean with "out perform"?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    Altruistic Akraen, you'll be a martyr for the cause. I'll likely be RoP arcane. Just trying to figure out if I want to play haste or mastery.
    I just winced thinking about you doing that, it's going to be a rough ride, though I have been thinking of trying whatever bosses arcane seems viable on as arcane next tier, just so I don't get the same stale feeling I got this tier as fire...Kind of makes me wish I had tried frost for a few bosses while I still could

Deleted
    So I just fought Garrosh. This fight is not pretty amusing with Arcane (lots of movement and random boss abilities). There are a lot of adds also, which means Frost Bomb and a lot of Ice Lance cleave (SPAM), so no real chance to cleave Icicles. That you guys get an idea, I made 2 screenshots:

Frigid Blast % is pretty low (thanks to our new 4p), bomb damage is huge (freezeable adds) aswell as Ice Lance, but no benefit from mastery. The both tier bonuses tied to brain freeze is pretty weird imho. DPS was not really good, on the pull, the fire mage was able to pull 1.2 million and went into intermission with around 600k! Cut that in half and you have an idea how my dps looked like. 1 try I was lucky with trinket procs and frost bomb shatter (without mastery :/) and made it with 400k into intermission.

Right now, everything speaks for fire with maybe some arcane on some fights, that are more focused on single target and a few movement.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-08-01 at 10:19 AM.

Slow down there Kerith!

Deleted
    Ah okay, was just wondering ^^ Have you done any raidtests yesterday?

Need some help with a Macro for my Frost Mage.

what i am trying to accomplish is

cast mirror image
    cast icy veins
    cast nether tempest

what happens is mirror image casts and icy veins casts. but nether tempest wont.
    what could i be missing here ?

and what else could i add in, if anything. possibly adding a flask in there... or something.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    MI is on the global cooldown, you can't put it and nether tempest in the same macro. At best, you could set up a cast sequence macro for MI then NT, but having IV in there is a bit of a waste at that point as you'd waste a GCD worth of IV on casting MI. I don't use cast sequence sets much, but I guess you could MI into IV into NT with a 3m reset and just spam it until NT goes up.

Thanks
    will mess around a bit more tonight when i get home.

@Pete

Did you stream your Garrosh attempts ?

Deleted
    No sorry, I had massive lags yesterday (on live servers too).

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I just winced thinking about you doing that, it's going to be a rough ride, though I have been thinking of trying whatever bosses arcane seems viable on as arcane next tier, just so I don't get the same stale feeling I got this tier as fire...Kind of makes me wish I had tried frost for a few bosses while I still could
    It's really not as bad as everyone thinks. It'll be far more viable with the radius buff though. I was rop for garrosh and didnt have much of an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    It's really not as bad as everyone thinks. It'll be far more viable with the radius buff though. I was rop for garrosh and didnt have much of an issue.
    I actually use it with Evoc glyph on Twins Hm try. help a lot our healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Ah okay, was just wondering ^^ Have you done any raidtests yesterday?
    My guild is worn out, we're wiping on Heroic Lei Shen on live (we're a slow guild). Tried to get us on for testing but nobody wanted to.

Frost is just feeling weird on the PTR, though I cannot explain why exactly. Must be the interaction with mastery as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Kenbud is just part of my fan club, Pete
    You are your own biggest fan Akraen, no need for a club.

Akraen, in the Haste thread you pointed out something about Icy Vein's suggested use of NT being incorrect. Are you not supposed to apply it to every target? I've read the guide, searched the guide for all 3 instances of Nether Tempest and read the tooltip... I can't figure out why it would be wrong. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Akraen, in the Haste thread you pointed out something about Icy Vein's suggested use of NT being incorrect. Are you not supposed to apply it to every target? I've read the guide, searched the guide for all 3 instances of Nether Tempest and read the tooltip... I can't figure out why it would be wrong. Help?
    on icy-veins they (blatty, go figure) say that you should dot up as many things as possible to proc more brain freeze, while in reality that isn't how the brain freeze proc works, it only has a chance to proc off of the last target that you applied it to, so on fights like megaera where IV's guide would suggest that you could dot up the second head for more ST dps, you are actually just padding and not getting more BF procs

Deleted
    Oh you silly people saying that you have slow progress. We only got around to getting normal Lei-shen down on 25 man last week.
    But either way, I have finally managed to get my BiS gear together (522 and no TF because I'm unlucky apparently). I ran a sim to get my new stat weights through, slapped them into MrRobot and got the answer that I should switch from full haste gemming back to more intellect based.

Which would result in my stats being:
    Haste: 41.46%
    Crit: 19.14%
    Mastery: 50.71%
    Spell power: 36426.

However, when I ran a simulation of these new stats, I got about a 2k drop in DPS. So my question is really this, should I stick with the haste gems or go over to the one that has been suggested and that will perform better in reality?

Deleted
    You could also wait for 5.4 and then gem to Int, Int+Haste & Int+Hit.
    but it still under confirmation.