10+ Year Old Account

PvP Power Vs Intel

Has anyone done the math on which is better for PvP?

Should i stack PvP power?

Is it worth it?

From what i seen, pvp power is better.

Depends on class, most PvP power is better but I think int is stronger for one or two clases. This is coming from an all melee player so not 100% reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Depends on class, most PvP power is better but I think int is stronger for one or two clases. This is coming from an all melee player so not 100% reliable.
    Although Intel does increase damage, it takes a whole lot to equal the same amount of damage increase compared to PVP Power. Aside from maybe a heroic weapon (even then it would be very close) all the PVP weapons will be better for PVP

PVP power modifies the damage from intellect. Consider this. You have 1000 points to allocate. You can get 1000% pvp power, 1000 spellpower or any combination.

So you choose 1000% pvp power and your spellpower = 1. So 1000% *1. Not to impressive.

So you choose 1000 spellpower and 1% pvp power. Better than just stacking pvp power.

Now you choose 500 spellpower and 500% pvp power. Around 2.5 times more damage.

Each class will likely have a sweet spot but mixing it up is the way to go. Anyone telling you to stack pvp power only can't multiply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure PVP power doesnt work in BGs right now, my heals do mroe healing outside of BGs then they are inside. i havent done a BG since 5.0 maybe they fixed it?

EDIT: nvm just read that it was a passive 33% healing debuff in BG/Arenas they added in 5.0, not sure if its still there
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2012-10-02 at 12:36 PM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by cpa View Post
    PVP power modifies the damage from intellect. Consider this. You have 1000 points to allocate. You can get 1000% pvp power, 1000 spellpower or any combination.

So you choose 1000% pvp power and your spellpower = 1. So 1000% *1. Not to impressive.

So you choose 1000 spellpower and 1% pvp power. Better than just stacking pvp power.

Now you choose 500 spellpower and 500% pvp power. Around 2.5 times more damage.

Each class will likely have a sweet spot but mixing it up is the way to go. Anyone telling you to stack pvp power only can't multiply.

actually the ultimate key thing is tht u get double as much pvp power than int when gemming, so its clear cut