Poll: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I have no problems letting those kinds of people die. Hell I'll even go through an entire wipe just for the small shimmer of hope that these people might've learned something in the process.

I am a patient man.
    I'd honestly let them die too if they did it over and over.

Deleted
    They are perfect hell yea old fasion AoE killing on trash

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesis View Post
    For how long will the challenge modes actually be challenging?
    Seeing as how you can't outgear a challenge mode instance, they'll only get easier as players sharpen their skills and coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    They're easy...but are they too easy?
    I think they should not have named them "heroic" and made the challange mode the heroic dungeon. Soon we have Heroic Raids that are too easy to be heroic and challange mode raids beeing the real heroic. Iam not really getting blizzards concept on that.
    Last edited by bood; 2012-10-03 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't know... haven't seen one yet.

My ilvl is too low (I've got a job, so my time online is severely reduced), and so far the only int plate drop I've seen was ninja'ed by the pug tank... My guilds' promises of helping me gear up (most of them are unemployed) have so far been reduced to "this is a tour of valley of the four winds". They are too busy getting their heroic achievements.

:-\

-T

Heroics are too easy in my opinion. Other than a few pulls in the Monastery we have AOE'ed every instance since 440ilvl, it's rather disappointing.

Challenge modes however feel like BC heroics which is just absolutely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I have no problems letting those kinds of people die. Hell I'll even go through an entire wipe just for the small shimmer of hope that these people might've learned something in the process.

I am a patient man.
    If I think the healer can't(or won't) handle it I always run out. The thing is if healing makes it trivial, then it is to everyone's benefit to just kill everything as fast as possible and move on. If you can easily handle healing the damage and don't, people probably just end up thinking you suck and slow the whole group down to compensate. I'm not in a hurry so I don't mind taking the time to compensate for bad heals, hell I'll even heal myself when the healer isn't able to keep up. But isn't it kind of silly to intentionally slow the entire group down just because you don't want to heal through damage you can easily heal through to allow the DPS to kill faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    Heroics are too easy in my opinion. Other than a few pulls in the Monastery we have AOE'ed every instance since 440ilvl, it's rather disappointing.

Challenge modes however feel like BC heroics which is just absolutely awesome.
    That is why challenge modes are there, normal/casual people can just go through heroics, gear up and raid, while the "hardcore" can get their buzz by doing challenge modes.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The funny thing about the "it's too easy" crowd is that you guys don't quit the game over it. But the much larger group of people who thought the Cata heroics sucked because they were too long and hard certainly did.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That is why challenge modes are there, normal/casual people can just go through heroics, gear up and raid, while the "hardcore" can get their buzz by doing challenge modes.
    And actually I agree with this. It's an MMORPG, and the ultimate goal should be people having fun together. When you are throwing random people together, long difficult dungeons result in people screaming at each other, kicking, raging, swearing etc... pretty much the opposite of having fun. Cat showed us this. The current setup allows people to have fun together without too much stress, and has a challenge mode for people who are more interested in the challenge than the people. Seems like a good compromise for everyone.

because players cant ever make up their damn minds:

TBC: Heroics are too hard
    Wrath: Heroics are too easy
    Cata: Heroics are too hard
    MoP: Heroics are too easy

Every time they get buffed to be more challenging all the failtard terribads (80% of WoW players) hit the forums crying that they cant clear anything so Blizzard nerfs them to Disneyland difficulty. Make up your damn minds. Either want them hard and L2play and deal with them or want them easy and dont complain about that either. People cry when they are too hard then they cry when they are too easy. How do you honestly expect the devs to do anything when everything they do is wrong.

If I was lead dungeon Dev guy I would just tune them all to pre Cata nerfs and say "Have fun and we refuse to nerf them no matter how much you cry"
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-10-03 at 04:54 AM.

They're only "too easy" if you pug them.

Their default difficulty is pretty much on par with Cataclysm heroics when they first launched.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Congratulations, but what are you going to do tomorrow? Or 2 months from now? The problem with easy content is that players eat it up almost instantly, and then unsub. I don't know why Blizzard promotes such a system that hurts their sub numbers.
    Yeah imagine what heroics are going to be like when the gear gets better.

5 man heroics aren't supposed to be hard.

Derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    i still have trouble healing certain heroics on my priest.....dat sha of violence is one i hate with a passion O_<, msotly due to me losing my mana real quick

Considering that they aren't really heroics(as we know them) anymore they are fine. They are simply dungeons scaled for level 90, the required iLevel of 440 is a pretty big hint that they aren't really heroics but entry level dungeons. They just use the "heroic" name to differentiate them from the lower level versions of the dungeon.

Deleted
    I think they're way too easy. Challenge mode is supposed to replace it, but good luck getting people to do them when they don't award better gear. You can get VP doing all kinds of things in MoP, including freaking dailies. If they just wanted to call level 90 regular dungeons 'heroic' to distinguish them from lower-level 5mans, and made challenge mode the new heroic with better gear, I'd have no problem at all. As it stands, I can't get people to do challenge modes because there's no point and I know this system will result in the average player being even worse at the game than was already the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I think they're way too easy. Challenge mode is supposed to replace it, but good luck getting people to do them when they don't award better gear. You can get VP doing all kinds of things in MoP, including freaking dailies. If they just wanted to call level 90 regular dungeons 'heroic' to distinguish them from lower-level 5mans, and made challenge mode the new heroic with better gear, I'd have no problem at all. As it stands, I can't get people to do challenge modes because there's no point and I know this system will result in the average player being even worse at the game than was already the case.
    Challenge modes arent meant for the "average player", they're for people who are seeking a challenge.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Heroics are the new normal mode dungeons and challenge mode gold the new heroic. I'm fine with it.
    This is exaclty what I was about to say.
    Blizzard already told us about it, challenge modes are for people that want CHALLENGE. Heroics are just there to grind points and get geared.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

I wish they'd change the name of heroic dungeons to help people understand that Challenge Mode is the new Heroic Mode. =_= No one is understanding it.