Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2427&e=2992

Prot damage does seem a little bit excessive but in terms of challenge modes and fairly tight enrages like Elegon, the encounters seem to be tuned around that level of tank DPS so its probably a little late to change it without upping everyone elses damage quite considerably or adjusting the run times on each instance / Enrages

It isn't the short end of the stick, you have to understand that Blizzard are buffing warriors in their desired niche, namely fighting 3 AND ONLY THREE mobs at once, what with cleave, revenge etc.

Derp.

DKs are doing more damage than all the other tanks so we'll nerf Warrior AoE and Single Target Damage and that should bring all of the tanks into balance.

Makes total sense.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Deleted
    The deep wounds nerf is quite a large single target one, given that it was doing 8686696 on the Elegon fight, I realise there are adds but they are up for a tiny proportion of the fight and they don't have the damage taken increased debuff, albeit the 50% more damage done by myself. At the very least 150k DPS instead of 138k

Anyone find the difference between prot warrs and blood dks in pve to be a little ridiculous? Tonight on Elegon 10 I was pulling about 57k dps on him up until the final phase/cycle as I was pooling rage for barriers to use on his breath isntead of using them for offensive skills. The blood dk? 97k in full tank gear. Granted he had more uptime on the boss for 50% + vengeance + add debuffs on boss would account for a decent difference in damage, but that's nearly double my damage. Now our recent nerfs were primarily to account for high aoe damage, while blizzard did nothing to DKs though they acknowledged dks were were doing high damage. Was said earlier that it was to equalize our raid damage and mitigation.. but this seems kind of ridiculous. The DK was even beating a good portion of our DPSers.. 400k death strikes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadragon View Post
    Anyone find the difference between prot warrs and blood dks in pve to be a little ridiculous?
    Yeah, DK's are simply stronger tanks than warriors at the moment and warriors have been poor in the mitigation stakes for the last three to four years. Warriors make up for this in utility, though, and we make exceptional off tanks at the moment.

Deleted
    Warriors did twice everybody elses damage, quit whining.