Poll: Which Rep System do you like?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Hasn't it always been like this? They did promise us more things to do at max lvl. People playing this game for more than just WotLK could've known it would be a massive daily grind fest at 90. I'm not surprised, what else would there be to keep us busy for a long time?
    They also promised options at lvl 90. So far I feel like they've taken away the option I enjoyed the most for no fucking reason.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The change is fantastic for Alts, but they should have kept the Revered to Exalted grind on your first char the same as it is now. But I have zero issue with speeding up the rep crap for alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Actually even that I disagree with. The only thing rep should be for is vanity items and mounts. Tying anything with any remote advantage pve/pve wise to rep means people will do it and feel compelled or pigeonholed into doing it. Get the fucking gear out of rep. This isnt 2006 guys come on.
    No no, I'm not saying that the PvP gear thing was the right thing, but that it acting as an aid to PvP would be a good thing. Maybe giving PvPers the ability to repair using honor points rather than money, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    But the system that was before it was like, was kinda unrealistic for me since for example in tbc you got badge of justice gear from sha'tar but they didn't have to like you at all to give you that awesome items, now you have to worthy of receiving them, it has more rpg feel about it.
    Yeah, but remove hard JP/VP caps, and make reputation acquirable from dungeons also, then I could agree.
    You can't really do dailies specced as a healer, for example.
    Can't agree more here. Tankadin with holy off-spec - dailies tire the heck out of me with 600k HP mobs. And had that daily mini-boss with around 1,5 mil health in Guo-Lai Halls today, who kept jumping around (read: another melee unfriendly daily mini-boss). Didn't have any power and will for some dungeon or anything in WoW today after all that daily crap.

I like the new system as I think it offers longevity, but I think they should have kept the rep grind being in the heroics as well.

However, it should be in heroics BC style. You get rep for running a dungeon with an associated faction. That means you want Golden Lotus rep, you need to run specific heroics to get that rep and you'll be limited to 3 runs a day since heroics lock you out. They could even make it so LFD random doesn't reward rep so you have to queue for the specific one you want rep from.

Rather than farming valor points and do dailies, those of you who prefer running heroics can still do that. Guess what happens when you're fully geared from items in heroics...you don't really need the gear off the rep vendors. Maybe a piece or two, but nothing much. Once you're able to do LFD next week, even less reason to NEED the rep vendors.

BC had a lot of gear tied to rep, but you also got a lot of rep running dungeons as you leveled. It was mainly honored through exalted that you farmed rep re-running dungeons.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-05 at 01:31 PM.

Tabard system sucked a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like the new system as I think it offers longevity, but I think they should have kept the rep grind being in the heroics as well.

However, it should be in heroics BC style. You get rep for running a dungeon with an associated faction. That means you want Golden Lotus rep, you need to run specific heroics to get that rep and you'll be limited to 3 runs a day since heroics lock you out. They could even make it so LFD random doesn't reward rep so you have to queue for the specific one you want rep from.
    Having horrible memories of trying to build my Sha'tar rep, I disagree. There should be a cap on available rep from dungeons whether from tabards or from JP turn ins, rather than forcing people to do specific dungeons.

In every expansion people have a dungeon they despise and never want to touch. I remember mine quite well; Arcatraz, Old Kingdom, Grim Batol, and now Shado-Pan. I'd rather not be pushed into these (again, in the case of Arcatraz).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even in favor of a rep dungeon cap. What's the point of that? Prevent you from doing to much? How do you gain from being gated like that? As far as I can tell this BS gating does NOTHING for the player and everything for Blizzard.

The game was at it's most succesful peak when it was free from all those fucking restrictions. When people could just farm gear on their toons in dungeons and not worry about archaic and regressive mechanics like rep grinding. Eventually they would get enough gear to get into LFR and then at some point they hit a wall. Either they went into normal raiding or they went into alts or they left. In the case of the first two their still playing. In the 3rd case it's up to Blizzard not to take 9 months to release another raid tier. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-05 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Having horrible memories of trying to build my Sha'tar rep, I disagree. There should be a cap on available rep from dungeons whether from tabards or from JP turn ins, rather than forcing people to do specific dungeons.

In every expansion people have a dungeon they despise and never want to touch. I remember mine quite well; Arcatraz, Old Kingdom, Grim Batol, and now Shado-Pan. I'd rather not be pushed into these (again, in the case of Arcatraz).
    I'm from the camp that thinks there should be some RPG in MMO. That means sometimes dealing with things you may not absolutely love. The move to making everything accessible, quick, easy, and convenient is what results in the complaints of nothing to do faster.

If you can run any dungeon you want and get rep fast, what would stop people from running the shortest one possible? I'm also thinking ahead as I expect that there's a good chance we'll be able to blacklist heroics in the future.

A daily/weekly cap would be another solution, though. I can see the rationale in that as a viable alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even in favor of a rep dungeon cap. What's the point of that? Prevent you from doing to much? How do you gain from being gated like that? As far as I can tell this BS gating does NOTHING for the player and everything for Blizzard.
    Because as I said, dailies are by their very nature a -limited- source of reputation. You can only get x amount of reputation per week through dailies. If you are going to have dungeons as an alternative, you need to cap that as well so that neither method proves overly advantageous.

Blizzard CANNOT crank out content faster than we can play it. If the solution is "Let me complete everything in 1 week and then I demand you have new raids and a full patch in 1 month" then the solution will fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the camp that thinks there should be some RPG in MMO. That means sometimes dealing with things you may not absolutely love. The move to making everything accessible, quick, easy, and convenient is what results in the complaints of nothing to do faster.

If you can run any dungeon you want and get rep fast, what would stop people from running the shortest one possible? I'm also thinking ahead as I expect that there's a good chance we'll be able to blacklist heroics in the future.

A daily/weekly cap would be another solution, though. I can see the rationale in that as a viable alternative.
    Because the shorter ones offer less trash mobs and by virtue of that, less reputation. It balances out in the end. There came a point in Cata where I actually preferred longer heroics because the JP gain per dungeon was greater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard CANNOT crank out content faster than we can play it. If the solution is "Let me complete everything in 1 week and then I demand you have new raids and a full patch in 1 month" then the solution will fail.
    First of all that's a ridiculous exaggeration. We went 9 months without content at the end of cataclysm and they STILL kept 9 million players... We don't clear shit in a week. At least not the majority of people. Second of all why shouldn't we expect them to release content faster? Their competitors do... We are in a case where the solution is precisely BLIZZARD RELEASE CONTENT FASTER.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-05 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Double rep gain on alt is nice, but i feel it should have been unlocked only upon reaching exalted on the first toon.
    Aside from that ... someone explain me how double rep after revered is anydifferent from just halving the revered-> exalted requirement to 10500?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as I said, dailies are by their very nature a -limited- source of reputation. You can only get x amount of reputation per week through dailies. If you are going to have dungeons as an alternative, you need to cap that as well so that neither method proves overly advantageous.
    Well I'm not particularly fond of dailies but okay I guess they want their cake to. Again I'd prefer not to rep grind in any case dungeon or daily but I see where your coming from. The other side will feel pigeonholed into doing dungeons as well.

Deleted

Rather than farming valor points and do dailies, those of you who prefer running heroics can still do that. Guess what happens when you're fully geared from items in heroics...you don't really need the gear off the rep vendors. Maybe a piece or two, but nothing much. Once you're able to do LFD next week, even less reason to NEED the rep vendors.

BC had a lot of gear tied to rep, but you also got a lot of rep running dungeons as you leveled. It was mainly honored through exalted that you farmed rep re-running dungeons.
    Thing is though if you can farm the rep through respective heroic dungeons there won't be a limit as to how much you can get a day. You say you get locked out after running it, that is untrue if you queue for random heroic. Random heroic is random and you can get into one you are even locked out of. This will cause players to feel obliged to farm the crap out of them to get as much rep as possible to get access to the rep gear. The rep valor gear is also far better than the heroic dungeon gear, HC's are 463 rare, valor point is 489 epic gear, quite a lot better. It's even better than the raid finder gear, which from Mogu'shan vaults is 476.

Gating content to some extent is a good thing to restrict players from plowing through every single drop of content in a matter of days to then begin to cry out for more, that's the main reason content lasted for so long in BC, because it was dragged out in a long grind that you did bit by bit every day, instead of all in one day.

I can definitely understand that people who hate daily quests wants an alternative way of getting this rep, but what exactly would that be? Farming regular npc's for turn in items? It would still have to be restricted to the same amount of rep per day as the quests give, and restricted together with the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all that's a ridiculous exaggeration. We went 9 months without content at the end of cataclysm and they STILL kept 9 million players... We don't clear shit in a week. At least not the majority of people. Second of all why shouldn't we expect them to release content faster? Their competitors do... We are in a case where the solution is precisely. BLIZZARD RELEASE CONTENT FASTER.
    9 long gruelling months where even the tail-end of the player base began to complain.

On the flip side, Didactic, you do still run into the Oculus problem as well. As DPS, I hated waiting 40 minutes to get into a random only for Oculus to have 3 of the people instantly disband leaving me to wait another 40 minutes. Until the bag/mount bribe anyway.

But yeah, I can see your point. The return of tabards as a rep grind option with a limit could work. However, you'd have to go a step further and put a reputation cap in across the board. Otherwise the new complaint people will be screaming is that Blizzard is FORCING them to have to do dailies AND run heroics until their rep is maxed for the week.

With 10 million players, there's really no winning and Blizzard knows it. They just have to make the decisions and stick with them until next expansion in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I can definitely understand that people who hate daily quests wants an alternative way of getting this rep, but what exactly would that be? Farming regular npc's for turn in items? It would still have to be restricted to the same amount of rep per day as the quests give, and restricted together with the quests.
    Tabards that work in Arenas, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, Dungeons, and Raids. BoA rep tokens purchasable using Honor and Justice points.

Wrath and Cata had some very good concepts as regards making rep gain easier for people that like a specific aspect of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 long gruelling months where even the tail-end of the player base began to complain.
    And rightfully so but that's because the 9 month lull is retarded. Blizzard can do better, we should expect them to do better and apparently even when they don't do better they keep 9 million subs anyway. This severe gating and rep restriction bullshit isn't needed. Customers gain nothing out of it. If they released a patch every 3 month the community would be ECSTATIC. They only grumbled after 9 months...