Unpleasant experiences with joining guilds

Was taking a trip on memory lane this morning and i remembered a rather unplesant/funny experience i had once when i tried to join a guild back at the begining of Cata.

I used to be a prety dedicated raider, finishing all expansions at their time, and i ve killed LK and Halion 10/25HC on 3 different characters, in wrath (this is relevant, for what will follow).
    When cata launched i didnt start playing right away, and ended up hitting lvl 85 with my priest in january or so. Meanwhile the guild i was in decided to server transfer before cata launch, and since i wasnt there when it happend i was left prety much alone, on a server that had quite a low population. Since i didnt have that many atachements in that guild, and couldnt realy spare the money for a server transfer i decided to stick around for a while, search a guild and do some semi casual raiding.
    So, after leveling i did some instances, decked myself in blue heroic gear, some epic crafts, enchants, the whole thing, and hit wowprogress searching for a guild. I found what looked like a decent guild suiting my needs, and i write a nice well tought apply.
    Now that s where the fun starts, i get a few replies complementing the apply, wishing good luck, yada yada, followed up by an aproximately 20 rows post from the priest offcier explaining me the reasons for wich i am being REJECTED:
    That was the extremely!! bad gear, related to the guild s ambitions, and how he has alts better geared than me. Now now... i was in heroic blues and some crafted epics, but i wasnt applying to ensidia... it was a guild that barely stepped into T11 and killed like 1-2 bosses in each instance, and who were miles away from any HC progress gear or member quality wise, with most of its members, including said alt char having slightly better gear than me.
    Also the second reason was how noob i am for keybinding Shield, heals, hymns, and buffs, since i never use them as shadow priest, and that i must be a very bad player with no experience in the game ...
    This was just wow , i left those forums, and avoided the members of that guild anytime i met anyone. From my knowledge the guild colapsed because of the lack of raiders....

Stuff like this happens i guess, so feel free to post if you had any.

Deleted
    Nice and touching story.

Now if you provided us some screens of what you claim ..

Deleted
    Calm down..

He literally just mentioned it in the second sentence of the post. Way to miss the point much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the second reason was how noob i am for keybinding Shield, heals, hymns, and buffs, since i never use them as shadow priest, and that i must be a very bad player with no experience in the game ...
    I find this very difficult to believe.

I joined a raid guild at the start of wotlk with a friend and the raid leader was some fat prick fascist who screamed at anyone who he thought was making mistakes. Made sarth 3D a miserable experience. I resented logging in, I would've preferred to stay at work.

Justice was served when the fat fascist prick started to pvp, and being a typical deluded raider, got stuck at 1700 rating. One day when grinding up a new team I bumped into his team in 2v2 and farmed them a few times until suddenly I was gkicked and banned from ventrilo. Probably the greatest day I've had playing WoW. Since then I only join pvp guilds since they tend to be more light-hearted and contain far more skilled players. I'd even go as far as to say that pvp guilds make for better raid teams if they spent as many hours raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever applied to one guild. They rejected me for what I assume was my gem choices, since that was the only thing they actually brought up.

Which is odd, because they were all correct gems in the correct sockets.