Thread: EPGP & My Raid

EPGP & My Raid

I decided to run EPGP as a loot system in my raid, but I am having trouble in a few things.

1. The gear point value for the pieces in MOP are very silly. 20,000+ for a weapon is not something I want to deal with. I would like to make all pieces cost the same value so I do not have to award silly amounts of EP and end up with PR's like 0.000000034 for example.

2. Those who use this system, do you charge for off-specs and how much? 100%, 50%, or 0 EP? I usually never seen guilds charging off-specs because it provides an incentive to not take it over a main spec. If we ever need that particular person to use their off-set , they will be under geared because they didn't want to use their points. I would rather micro manage that and only charge if I see them using it as a main spec in my raid, but I would like a second opinion on this.

3. How much Decay should I do weekly? I know this decay has to reflect the awarding, but with the current GP of MOP items, it's rather complicated because of the extreme PR's some people might have and it might bump someone 4 places while another just one.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Ciani; 2012-10-07 at 05:39 PM.

1. Doesn't really matter if you award 100 EP or 5000 EP a raid, not really silly amounts. If you award high enough EP the PR should stay around 0,5-1,5.
    2. Offspec is free for us, if you want you can assign a few specific people to have prio for offspec so they can switch specs easily if needed.
    3. We have 14% decay I think, discourages saving too much points and you won't feel punished for spending points since it will decay again fairly fast. PRs will stay reasonable with decay and a somewhat balanced EP gain and GP cost.

Deleted
    You might have an outdated version... prices right now are in the range of 400-1250 IIRC