Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I picked Black 2 because I have a weird sense of loyalty after picking Black 1.

Anyway, just go here to find out what pokemon are exclusive to what game, and you can also check other "exclusive"-comparisons from the menu on the right =)

And DON'T tell me what Electric Pokemon White 2 got. I'm already pissed about having to choose between favourites, and I don't need 'DAMN White 2 has THAT one?'-thoughts. ;P

Edit: Mwahahahaha I checked because I hate life. No jealousy, and I got the game with the coolest bugs!
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2012-10-15 at 02:15 AM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I've asked a million people about this but no one seems to know the answer.

If you played Pokémon Black, which one should you get this time, and why? Black 2 or White 2? Answers would be greatly appreciated.
    Skelington always assumed you're supposed to get the same version because you get the other legendary, but he bought the opposite version since he got the other legendary from an event. Just get the one with the pokemon you prefer.

Thanks a lot for the replies, I really appreciate it. Black 2 it is!
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    What decided you?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I considered buying this game but... what makes it different from the first ones? The starters are the same, right? I never keep my starters anyways so I guess that's irrelevant.

Is there a lot more content to explore?
    Is there a bigger variety of Pokémon to choose from?
    Is the story vastly different?

Any answers to those questions will affect my decision on whether or not to buy it. Thanks.
    Yes, yes, and yes.

There's a few more areas on the map, which is just slightly less circular and linear now, and a lot of the pre-existing ones have been changed, some more than others. The endgame is better, with things like the Pokemon World Tournament (every gym leader ever) and a hard-mode.

There's 300 Pokemon in the regional dex, new and old. That's about double what there was last time.

The games are a direct sequel, so yes the story has changed. It takes place two years after the events of B/W. You'll see a lot of the same characters, and references to the first games (especially if you use memory link).

Of course, it's not vastly different from the first games. Nothing at all like a new generation, but it's added more than any of the third versions did.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-10-15 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    What decided you?
    I looked at the website you linked, and not only did Black 2 have the other legendary (I have Black) but it also had Pokémon like Beedrill and Garchomp, which I love.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked at the website you linked, and not only did Black 2 have the other legendary (I have Black) but it also had Pokémon like Beedrill and Garchomp, which I love.
    A man/woman after my heart^^ Beedrill >> Butterfree!

10+ Year Old Account
    I flipped a coin at the store for which one to buy. I had both Black/White so me and my brother did that. I'll get White 2 eventually and go Challenge mode on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    A man/woman after my heart^^ Beedrill >> Butterfree!
    I think "boy" would be more approperiate in this case, seeing as how I'm more obsessed than a 12-year old when it comes to this game :3 And of course, I've always preferred Beedrill (since the days of Red/Blue/Yellow)
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think "boy" would be more approperiate in this case, seeing as how I'm more obsessed than a 12-year old when it comes to this game :3 And of course, I've always preferred Beedrill (since the days of Red/Blue/Yellow)
    Since Red/Blue/Yellow puts you at or above my age, so 'man' it is.

Deleted
    Managed to beat E4 and Champion on challenge mode with no Potions, Revives or Heals whatsoever. Was fun ! Was left with only 3 Pokemon. Even though it was challenge mode, the Champion's AI was pretty bad and let me have an easy win (did 2 dragon dances in a row, the 2nd one being when it had 1 hp left).

Team:

But seriously... http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...82797_700b.jpg Warning: NSFW.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-10-15 at 11:24 AM.

Lol I picked white 2 even though I had black 1 just because target had a reservation card for white when I was shopping once. Free $4.

Deleted
    Just ordered Black 2, I currently own White. Now I need to go sort out what pokemon I want for my team. (Normally consist of 3 but might decide to go for a full team this time round)

Wow Audino grinding is just plain OP. I got my Purrloin from lvl 11 to 20 in like 30 minutes by giving it an exp. share and pumping audino with my Lucario... while doing WoW dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up Black 2 yesterday. I had Black, but for some reason I just never got that into it and I'm only about halfway through it, so I'm starting fresh with this copy. I also had $3 in my Nintendo account, so I picked up Dream Radar to go along with it. I'm having a lot of fun so far. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    which to get black or white 2?

I played white #1 >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    which to get black or white 2?

I played white #1 >.<
    Nintendo was smart about this.

I believe the version exclusive pokemon are the same between the original Gen V game and it's sequel (ie: if beedrill is available only in Black, it's available only in Black 2 as well). However, the version mascots have switched.

I had White version originally and I chose White 2 so that I could get both Zekrom and Reshiram (spelling?). If you get black 2, you'd be able to catch all version exclusives, but you would wind up with 2 Zekrom's and no Reshiram.

Ultimately it's a personal choice. I may not be 100% correct about the version differences but i think i got the gist of it.

F...you Metang.

So I want this pokemon, for the first time to try it. Finally at Giant chasme, and loathe and behold. The first attempt ends up with over 10 potions, about 30 pokeballs used, and inn the end it kills itself cause it runs out of moves with Struggle *gg*

Got to pissed by that, so I went back and picked up Mareep to get paralyize, and the next Metang I encounter with again so little HP its almost not seeable and paralyize takes me about 15 pokeballs...

I've had problems before catching it sure, one of the hardest non-legendary's to catch if you ask me, but this was pretty extreme. I catched the legendary dog-trio (The musketeers?) with an average of 10 pokeballs each or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    metang was annoying in #1 for me >.< Finally managed to capture it and now have a lovely level 100 metagross which i raised from a baby :P

Deleted
    Metagross is a bit too slow for my taste to be honest. Most of my favourites are dragons anyway such as Garchomp (my fav), Hydreigon, Haxorus, Salamence.