Poll: Should this be Legal

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    At no point did he say if Obama was reelected he'd have to downsize.

He very specifically said if new taxes were levied on him (as the current president intends to) he'd have to downsize.
    HEY HEY HEY NOW

Don't let your reading comprehension get in the way of blind poltical partisanship.

Pffft, who do you think you are bucking the status quo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEAh4MjDggU

Heres just one example of a "progressive" advocating violent revolution. There are plenty more online.

Also, why is it there always seems to be leftist bandana wearing revolutionaries at left wing protests, but not at right wing protests?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...BE16F32CED3C54
    People don't get sarcasm nowdays. -pouts-
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Higher personal income taxes do no in any way effect the bottom line of the business.
    "If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

I think we actually start paying taxes on obama care next year. Darden in orlando is cutting full time employee's to no more than 30hours a week to avoid this cost. Expect many things that are detrimental to the employee as a result of obamas re election. Funny part is they will blame the company, not the gov who forced them into this situation.

If I have to pay a more realistic percent of taxes like the common citizen, I'm going to have to lay off people.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The president wants to reduce corporate taxes. If that means this guy has to lay off workers he's really bad at business.
    Not necessarily. It means he's as uninformed as every other deluded GOP member.

Assuming he means what he says (Which is a leap of faith, to be sure), he won't lay anyone off if taxes go down or stay the same.

Not necessarily. It means he's as uninformed as every other deluded GOP member.

Assuming he means what he says (Which is a leap of faith, to be sure), he won't lay anyone off if taxes go down or stay the same.
    Probably won't hire any new people either.

The president wants to reduce corporate taxes.
    And yet he has done nothing thusfar to make that happen.
    Precedent > Pretty words

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The president wants to reduce corporate taxes. If that means this guy has to lay off workers he's really bad at business.
    He basically wants to do the same thing Romney wants to do, which is to lower the rate but eliminate the loopholes. This was just a quick Google search, since I was amazed by that claim, but apparently the aim is to bring in more from corporations. http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...taxes-20120222

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    If I have to pay a more realistic percent of taxes like the common citizen, I'm going to have to lay off people.
    If you wanna work with %'s we can also say the rich are paying 10000% times what the poor are. Just depends how we wanna use them.

You really want to start making sweeping generalizations based on a guy on the internet? Is that a game you want to start playing?

sure ill start.

Wells ive always pictured you as a monocle wearing leftist with a tweed coat (the kind with leather elbows).

The guy who has a ton of opinions on everything, but has very little real world experence dealing with the things you talk about. Wether its the middle east, crime, economics, etc etc.

For example, Obama talking about relating to the middle class working man. He has never "worked" a normal private sector job in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Probably won't hire any new people either.
    No business will hire new people unless the demand is there. Hiring new people is an absolute last resort. Employees are fucking expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    "If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

I think we actually start paying taxes on obama care next year. Darden in orlando is cutting full time employee's to no more than 30hours a week to avoid this cost. Expect many things that are detrimental to the employee as a result of obamas re election. Funny part is they will blame the company, not the gov who forced them into this situation.
    Ok then let's look at both parts of his claim:

1) If taxes are levied on him he will lay off workers. Taxes on him do not effect profits. If he lays off workers because his personal taxes went up he's pretty stupid.
    2) If taxes are raised on his business he will lay of workers. Obama has not indicated any increase in the corporate tax rate and has said publicly it should be lower. So at best he's being stupid or fear mongering to try to intimidate his workers.

This isn't the first time this guy has tried to get his workers to back his horse in the race.

Nothing very practical about it.

Thats how all rational practical believe in solving problems i guess though....by seeing people with opposite opinions to yours eliminated.
    Sure! No fuss, no muss, nothing for mom to clean up!

Well, except for a bit of muss I guess, depending on some variables.

But certainly nothing for mom to clean up. I feel like the people we pay, pay people to do that sort of thing.

I just hope your not in a position of power I.E. Policeman etc etc.
    Oop! Bad day for you, my friend.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

For example, Obama talking about relating to the middle class working man. He has never "worked" a normal private sector job in his life.
    I'm going to ignore the rest of your post because frankly, its dumb.

But I will inquire after this particular claim.

How did Obama make his money? He's a rich man.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:03 PM ----------

No business will hire new people unless the demand is there. Hiring new people is an absolute last resort. Employees are fucking expensive.
    Similarly, a smart business won't fire people until there is no other option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

I think it will be interesting when Romney reveals his plans to balance the budget without restoring taxes to stable values. Like a magician revealing the secrets of his most fantastic trick. Or it could be the more realistic path of a campaign built predominantly on lies and false promises.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It means he's as uninformed as every other deluded GOP member.
    How can a rational discussion even be had if you are going to simply dismiss the viewpoints of those in another party outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Sure! No fuss, no muss, nothing for mom to clean up!

Well, except for a bit of muss I guess, depending on some variables.

But certainly nothing for mom to clean up. I feel like the people we pay, pay people to do that sort of thing.

Oop! Bad day for you, my friend.
    Silhouette, i gotta tell you i appreciate your sense of humour and wit. I think if we knew each other IRL we would probally make for good friends....

even if we probally disagree on politics...alot.

I'm in a position of influence, but i try my best to not use it for any type of political purpose...in fact it be aginst the law for me to do so.

Deleted
    A smart business will fire people if it increases shareholder value (i.e. profits in the long run).

They hire people for the same reasons.

This is something unions do all the time.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your post because frankly, its dumb.

But I will inquire after this particular claim.

How did Obama make his money? He's a rich man.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:03 PM ----------

Well you wanted to do the generalizations, still find mine to be accurate. In fact i can imagine you adjusting your monocle while reading this saying "well i never".