Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some people are too scared to go 'undergeared' into a new raid. I myself, am afraid of going HC tonight :/

Now with LFR open, a lot more people will go into 'raiding'
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    It's not pointless if it buffs your group, dude.

It's also not pointless if it gives you access to valor gear bro!

Plus, the cooking is a pretty fun minigame.

And has been pointed out, there's an absolutely splendid world to spend time in this time around.

You can also gank people again, which is nice.
    None of this matters apparently to people who think raiding is all this game is good for.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    As you do the dailies, you get rep with both factions and NPCs in the game. The further you get with these, the more storyline elements and quests open up for you. They arn't boring, you just need to take the time to enjoy them (reading helps with this).
    They're pretty shit and quite boring.

Just saying.

It's basically World of Dailycraft: Mists of Panda China Land now. You can paint it however you like, it sucks. A lot. They should have instead worked on making their end game pvp and raiding better and with more content rather than taking the lazy route with these shitty dailies and wasting efforts on their new money scheme: Pet battle system.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Contrary to how it may seem, raiding isn't actually the main thing to do for WoW's end game. It's only in the past few years that more people have started raiding, and even at that, large parts of the player base still don't (at least not beyond maybe the first boss or two when they become easily puggable). The LFR is of course changing that, but LFR is incredibly new relative to how long WoW's been out.

And the xpac's only been out a few weeks, of course not many people are raiding yet, not many people are ready to raid.
    Until LFR raiding was only done by a very small percentage of the community, but they still got a lot of dev resources. It is only after Dragon Soul LFR that we have millions of people trying out raiding.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    That sucks, I was planning on doing that.
    I thought since I caged and sold my spare sprite darter I could do the same thing by capturing them in the world.
    No, Blizzard didn't like a situation on beta where a high level pokemaster would just capture a bunch of level 22-25 monsters in the world, then put the resulting level 20+ monsters on the AH, at which point people would buy them and power through the pokemon quests. Part of the experience is supposed to be building your team- and they want you to be able to carry your OWN lowbie monsters.

As it stands, you can still cage and sell a high level pet (or just lend one out), but it's a lot less common without an essentially unlimited supply coming from Pandaria.

They should just copy the badge system in pokemon- your monsters will ignore you without the correct badge, unless you trained them. This prevented you from handing over a level 100 Mewtwo to your buddy for him to steamroll the game with. Seems a much better solution than what Blizzard did here.
    Edit: Badges weren't physical things to mind. You just got them by beating gym trainers. So the level 8 guy in STV would upgrade you so that you could get pets up to level 15 to obey, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    It's not pointless if it buffs your group, dude.

It's also not pointless if it gives you access to valor gear bro!

Plus, the cooking is a pretty fun minigame.

And has been pointed out, there's an absolutely splendid world to spend time in this time around.

You can also gank people again, which is nice.
    It's pointless.

And boring as hell.

Its also the lazy route where they dont have to put in the effort they normally would if they went with improving raiding and pvp and boosting it with more actual content. Worst expansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Because it begs the question, if only 1% of the playerbase raids, how long will Blizzard continue to pour so much development resources into raids?

It's just very different than what has happened with the last couple of expacs.
    It doesn't beg this question at all. Not yet at least.

The raid has only just entered its second lockout. Its no big surprise people haven't got in there yet. It's the "early adopters" that have been in there, the type that queue in front of the tech store from 3am for the newest iphone. A lot of people want a little more gear before they raid, the numbers will pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post

Just saying.

It's basically World of Dailycraft: Mists of Panda China Land now. You can paint it however you like, it sucks. A lot. They should have instead worked on making their end game pvp and raiding better and with more content rather than taking the lazy route with these shitty dailies and wasting efforts on their new money scheme: Pet battle system.
    Battle grounds with new mechanics aren't making pvp "better"? Raids?

Please, tell us how these things should have been made "better".
    If the majority of the population does not PVP or raid, why should they focus on those things instead of giving the majority of their playerbase new things to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    The content is probably going to have to be dumbed down before people do it. Equal payment is equal rights.

/snicker

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it a month or so, things will pick up. People are still leveling to 90, working on professions, working on rep grinds, and part of LFR finally opened up today. Give people time to get ready for a new tier of raiding.

Deleted
    http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results

Out of the 2.7 million that purchased MoP, only 900,000 have leveled to 90 (33%).

Of that 900k, only 136,000 have killed a boss (5% of those that purchased, 15% of those that leveled, 1% of 10 million playerbase)
    I kinda cannot level, just can't and i love this no longer addicted to this freaking game

I just cannot look at my priest, maybe that are the quest, or maybe i am not looking foward what is later, because it will be always the same kill something with huge ammount of health, then move to someone with even higher ammount of health, and etc as the cycle continuous.

Because it begs the question, if only 1% of the playerbase raids, how long will Blizzard continue to pour so much development resources into raids?

It's just very different than what has happened with the last couple of expacs.
    What else is there to put resources into? pvp is so simple compared to raids that you need minimal encounter designing and AI scripts for it that its a waste.

LFR is used by pretty much everyone, so the raid designs are there. I dont think there is anyone who never does LFR, its a huge bonus if you do. Like conquest conversion from valor.

How bout asking why is blizzard wasting so much resources into pvp when they have never been able to make it balanced and never will?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for everyone, but I seem to be going through a phase of boredom relating to mmo's. I mucked around with the Free to Play version of MoP for quite a few hours and although I really like the way they've pushed their graphic engine to the max, I find the game unexciting.

It was pretty sparkly when I started looking at it, but after several hours, the boredom and monotony set in. So, yeah, can't speak for everyone, but maybe people are just getting bored - or else everyone is PvP'ing!

As of right now, the F2P didn't "grab" me enough to consider buying.

Just saying.

Perhaps you should move on to a game that you care about. I'm willing to bet you didn't read a single quest from 85-90. Sounding like you are the problem, removing any fun part of the game before even trying them. Pretty typical of the emo "hardcore" raider, this expansion isn't for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you blame them? After so many years of raiding these raid offer NOTHING new. There is NOT one new boss mechanic i have seen. Not one. Every single thing i have done, i have done before. Hell half the mechanic didn't even make it past 1 teir before being used again. Yes I know i am only 4/6 which you can thank 3000 person realm q's for. In fact for the first time in 7 years i don't see the point of raiding atleast Vaults. We shall see if the next raid that unlocks offers anything new.

I think its about time there raid design team got some new people with new ideas.
    Aye mate

I'm not even 90 yet, and no one in my guild is raid geared at this point. Most players just like to take it slow and enjoy the content they paid for. I'm looking forward to the raids, but there's no rush.

It is too early to have conclusions.

First off, only one week has passed since normal opened. A lot of raiding people are not in guilds that required you to be 90 AND raidready for the launch of raids, and of those guilds that do even fewer require alts to be 90 and raidready by the first raiding day. As a result we can state that the majority of guilds are stuck with not enough people for raiding.

For similar reasons, as well as the difficulty of normal MSV, it's rather hard to pug it.

Wait a few weeks, let people level, gear, etc., then let's recheck the numbers.

Its also the lazy route where they dont have to put in the effort they normally would if they went with improving raiding and pvp and boosting it with more actual content. Worst expansion ever.
    Dude, this is the MOST bosses an expac has EVER launched with.

BC- Launched with less.
    LK- Launched with less- WAY less if you already raided Nax.
    Cata- Launched with less.

Are you super angry there is a small time before we get to raid all the bosses? You were all "lol pve" at the start, now your 6/6 reg and wishing for more besides the heroics you will steamroll through today /rolleyes ?

The dailies aren't "pointless". Repeating it doesn't make it true unless you are like 5, and living in princess fairy land. They have a "point"- they advance the plotlines, they reward valor, they reward things you can use to skew the dice in LFR or a real raid, they give you access to better gear. That's SEVERAL points. That's as many points as a ninja star bro!

Only you can say that they are boring for you. But I've seen my whole guild invigorated by this. The perfectionists are doing ALL THE THINGS, and the ones with less time have picked which ones exactly are there. I haven't heard any of them QQ like you here!

More raid bosses than ever before isn't lazy. New pvp maps isn't lazy. Hell, there's even a new arena.

I would argue, and have, that this is without doubt their best expac. Did you really like Cata? I don't think there's much that Cata had that MoP doesn't, except for pvp balance (which will come in time) and a healthy LFR community (which will come this week).

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Can you blame them? After so many years of raiding these raid offer NOTHING new. There is NOT one new boss mechanic i have seen. Not one. Every single thing i have done, i have done before. Hell half the mechanic didn't even make it past 1 teir before being used again. Yes I know i am only 4/6 which you can thank 3000 person realm q's for. In fact for the first time in 7 years i don't see the point of raiding atleast Vaults. We shall see if the next raid that unlocks offers anything new.

I think its about time there raid design team got some new people with new ideas.
    And thank god for that, because if they'd have given me another spine or gunship or legs to dps I'd have cried bitter tears.

On the other hand I find the bosses highly enjoyable because of the way these so called "old" mechanics are implemented, something I have a hard time to say of unique boss mechanic fights. I sat out some bosses like everyone in our guild, but by the looks of it those too look fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria was released two weeks ago. Two weeks. Not everyone has all the time in the world to level up really fast, gather gear and start raiding. I for one won't stsart raiding until this Monday, simply because my guild isn't ready for it. I'm not gonna rush into things. I've set foot in the Mogu'shan Vaults to attempt the second boss and we didn't stand a chance. I wanna be sure we are atleast ready gearwise so all we have left is the learning curve of the tactics, not having to realise it's impossible due to the lack of gear.

It's a choice not to raid, as it is for a lot of people. Others simply haven't reached the appropriate gearlevel yet or haven't even reached level 90.

I remember being pretty surprised about the number of people that killed Dragon Soul bosses. I can't remember the exact numbers, but they were way lower than I expected. Not everyone plays this game to raid. There's plenty of people that play this game for PVP or to level up each class to the maximum level. Other gather achievements.

You need to realise that there was plenty of guilds out there who didn't manage to clear Dragon Soul Heroic WITH the raidwide buff.
    Statix will suffice.