Thread: Rerolling

Rerolling

At the moment, I'm considering rerolling from a human paladin to a tauren shaman. After so many years as a ret pala, I've grown a bit bored of the spec. I tried out protection and holy as well. I liked protection, but I'm not very comfortable with being the tank in raids.

I'd like to try out a shaman simply because their burst as elemental looks sick and tauren shamans look badass with vanilla gear.

How are shaman DPS/healer compared to paladin DPS/healer at the moment?

Also, thoughts on rerolling?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see if I can squeeze this in before the lock.

Do you like the totem element of Shamans or do you want to play a Lightning Mage? Because that's what the Shaman is now, Lightning Mage. Actually, I'd avoid Shaman in general. They go through radical swings in philosophy every few patches as Blizz still struggles to find their niche.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Let's see if I can squeeze this in before the lock.

Do you like the totem element of Shamans or do you want to play a Lightning Mage? Because that's what the Shaman is now, Lightning Mage. Actually, I'd avoid Shaman in general. They go through radical swings in philosophy every few patches as Blizz still struggles to find their niche.
    Lighting mage. I tried playing a shaman in 4.3 and I felt very immobile hence the fact you have to put down a new set of totems every single time.

If you would like to play Shaman, go for it. Aside from Enhancement, there are very comprehensive guides on all Shaman specs. They can give you a basic idea on how both specs are playing/performing.

I would also recommend just kind of playing around to... 20-ish. It really doesn't take too long to get there. Plus it gives you a basic idea of how a class plays.

Furthermore, as has been hinted at earlier:
    "help me choose which class to play" threads are highly frowned upon, per our Forum Guidelines -- Only you can choose which class to play. If you have more specific questions pertaining to a particular spec within a class (Enhancement aside - make a thread for that), I suggest asking those questions in the stickies.

Closed.