Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, never. And not because I haven't lived, as a poster said previously. My life has had its good and bad times. Some amazingly good, and some soul-crushingly hard. But, I think I am too stubborn to just give up when things are bad. I always move forward no matter what.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've thought about it a couple times during my earlier years after having moved and my life pretty much being shitty. It never came to the point of planning to do it, only the thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once when I was trying to come to terms with my disability. I contemplate assisted suicide in the future quite often.

I have, idiotic and stupid me once...

Yeah, I have. I was going through a boring patch in life. I am a bit of a nihilist, however. It wasn't depression. I was just bored. Only thing stopping me was worrying if I did it wrong.

It really annoys me when people say people who commit or think of suicide are cowardly or selfish people. I'd wager that in fact these people are the opposite, they are the people that would bend over backwards to help someone else out and they carry the weight of the world on their shoulders.

I have often thought about it but what usually brings me around is learning to think of myself first before others, to stop worrying what other people think of me and be happy with who I am.

Pretty much constantly. I really wish I had died several years ago, as it was the last time I was truly happy. If the bulk of living is just dull and routine to incredibly painful, there seems to be no real reason to go through with it. However, I don't think I have the nerve to go through with it, because I'm quite cowardly.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

I think about it nonstop. As irrational as I know it is, I feel the world would be much better without me. I feel like a huge failure, and the two reasons I'm afraid to do it is I think I would fail at committing suicide, and I feel that no one would come to my funeral. I feel like those in my life don't value me, but I can't blame them when I don't value me. I could write a book on it. I hate it. I'm skipping class right now because I can't take the anxiety that comes with the increased thoughts of suicide.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    It really annoys me when people say people who commit or think of suicide are cowardly or selfish people. I'd wager that in fact these people are the opposite, they are the people that would bend over backwards to help someone else out and they carry the weight of the world on their shoulders.

I have often thought about it but what usually brings me around is learning to think of myself first before others, to stop worrying what other people think of me and be happy with who I am.
    Exactly. I go out of my way to help everyone. I can't even hold grudges against people. People don't commit suicide because they want to die, they do it because they want the pain to stop. It's not a selfish act, it's an act of desperation. Things become so heavy that you can't think normally. The only people who think it's selfish are people who haven't a clue what people with severe depression go through.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Anyone sayingthey have NEVER thought of suicide, have never lived..

But from thought to planning, or even executing, is a LOOOOOONG way..
    I never thought of it. So am I dead? How is being depressed so much that you want to kill yourself the definition of being alive?

Deleted
    Yes, however more in terms of "I wish I had an on/off switch I could flick".

I could never kill myself simply because I wouldn't want to upset my family. I wouldn't want to traumatise a train driver by standing in front of one. And I wouldn't want to survive a failed attempt.

Most of it stems from the fact I am a nihilist. The universe is so vast, we are completely insignificant. An accident of chance. Nothing we will ever do will matter even the tiniest iota, so what's the point? Happily, most of the time I just ignore that by finding something to enjoy, even if it's something quite simple. It's a double-edged sword.

Nah, I think too highly of myself to contemplate such a thing, not to mention: I'm too stubborn to give up that easily.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-10-10 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    My girlfriends been brutally raped, I've suffered homelessness in my teenage years, I've been disabled for life and there's a lot of other equally major setbacks in my life, but I have NEVER considered suicide as an option.

Everyone has those moments. When i'm in one i think to myself: I'll give it 3-5years(depending on what it is) and if it hasn't fixed itself by then i'll just kill myself.

It has saved me twice so far

Yes but I was on a drug called accuatne. It promotes those kind of thought's. I wound up fine though, even though it depressed me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    Pretty much constantly. I really wish I had died several years ago, as it was the last time I was truly happy. If the bulk of living is just dull and routine to incredibly painful, there seems to be no real reason to go through with it. However, I don't think I have the nerve to go through with it, because I'm quite cowardly.
    Man...I can relate to this so much.

Deleted
    Yes, did hit a rough patch when i was 14-17. But i am fine now and want to live for a long time

Deleted
    It's on you to change that.
    You don't have to live a boring life.

All up to you, rack yourself up, do something.

As in what would the effects of my suicide be; yes.
    About actually doing it: no.

Deleted
    Anyone that has gone through an average life will have thought about it an some point or another. Less people threaten to do it and only a few actually try it.

I was one of those few that tried it. I was a completely normal guy, but I was a coward going through a rough period. So I chose the easy way out.
    Comes without saying (but I say it anyway :P) that I failed. There were consequences (scratched my entire torso overnight and left it red as hell; other consequence is too embarrassing to tell on the internet). This was like 3 years ago. Completely over it now and enjoying life like never before !