Brewmasters and stance dancing

Simple question really:

On fights with a tank swap like Feng or Gara'jal is it viable to switch to Tiger Stance and do some extra dps? If the swap is very temporary is it not worth it? In the end are you just squeezing out a very minuscule amount of damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't lose any existing energy/chi like a lot of other classes do when stance dancing but it's going to lock you out of Keg Smash which hits like a truck full of beer + 2 Chi so without testing I can't see this as helping.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

no you cant use keg smash breath of fire and you lose the 10% energy regen from ox stance

I've found that it's better to simply stay in Ox Stance. Give the other tank a second or two to secure threat, and go to town.

Deleted
    I'm not sure, but it seemed that when I tried to go Tiger stance, my Shuffle would drop, which makes this a big no-no (when you're not tanking you usually want to build up Shuffle for when you actually are, so you can spend the chi on other things).

only thing comes to mind is that change to ox stance after for your 1st or 2nd jab (depending if you have powerstrikes talent) for 2 chi

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrick View Post
    Simple question really:

On fights with a tank swap like Feng or Gara'jal is it viable to switch to Tiger Stance and do some extra dps? If the swap is very temporary is it not worth it? In the end are you just squeezing out a very minuscule amount of damage?
    I tested this as well hoping to increase my personal DPS, here is what I discovered:

1) Vengeance drops. This pretty much eliminates it really. On a tank swap, you still have a lot of vengeance for a few seconds that offsets the increased dmg from tiger stance
    2) you lose shuffle when switching. This is the second reason. During a tank swap, you want to be building up shuffle so that when it switches back to you, you can use self healing, brew, guard, etc. more freely without having to keep up shuffle.
    3) Ox statue doesn't work. You can't proc shields on the raid anymore.
    3) Can keg smash. Keg smash hits harder than Black out kick in tiger stance. This is the final reason, you lose your hardest hitting ability.