Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much is Rift changed since release?

Hi! I was thinking about coming back to Rift, i really enjoyed the game but had to quit because of RL.

Before i resub, though, i want to know how much the game changed since release\early patches.
    IIRC i played 'til 1.2. Or maybe 1.3, can't really remember. I think I stopped playing Rift around July last year, they had just implemented the LFG thingy.

Anyway, what should I expect? Are there any big differences now? Are they going the same road as WoW did, like homogenize the souls and stuff like that?
    Hope not.

Thanks in advance

You can find a good breakdown of the changes here, but I can tell you that a ton of content has been added, without ever really deviating from the game that RIFT set out to be. It's still very TBC style long term progression, raiding is linear and tiered (you must progress through each tier to gear up), raids are challenging and one difficulty only, classes are unique.

Lot's of Quality of Life stuff too, but without homogenizing the classes or the game. Honestly just check the link I gave, it's a good starting place, any additional questions after that we'll be happy to help

Thank you, I'll read it soon!
    I'm glad to hear that the game still has that feeling. I just downloaded the client and I'm using the 7-day free trial.
    Too bad my old account disapperead. It wasn't hacked and I didn't get any mail apart from the "Billing Failure" mail when i stopped playing it. Meh, i would have started from scratch anyway

edit: I'm reading the link you gave me. God they added A LOT of content. Looks like I made the right choice, coming back to Rift
    Last edited by Bellhamy; 2012-10-10 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhamy View Post
    I'm reading the link you gave me. God they added A LOT of content. Looks like I made the right choice, coming back to Rift
    Yes they did, and yes you did

If you have any more questions after reading that changes post, just ask, one of the regulars in this forum will answer fairly swiftly

If you call customer support, they are very likely to get you your old account back. And the hold time over the phone is at most 3 mins.

@Tankendog I might do that, I noticed they hava customer support lines on my country too. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

@Tarien Thank you again After reading the big changes, I can say it seems like the game just got better. Not sure about the Addons part, but I can't judge until I see! Anyway, I was wondering about the saboteur soul, I remember having a lot of fun with it. Is it still good? Nerfed, buffed, the same?

@Tarien Thank you again After reading the big changes, I can say it seems like the game just got better. Not sure about the Addons part, but I can't judge until I see! Anyway, I was wondering about the saboteur soul, I remember having a lot of fun with it. Is it still good? Nerfed, buffed, the same?
    Don't main as a rogue, but according to the new soul reveal, saboteurs now get a new Molotov cocktail ability, which frankly speaking is awesome. you can also combine the soul with tactician to do some insane AOE damage.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Definitely give our support team a call - they'll be able to help restore your access and get you on your feet

Welcome back, have fun!

Also may note that you can play for an unlimited amount of time up to level 20 with some restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Definitely give our support team a call - they'll be able to help restore your access and get you on your feet

Welcome back, have fun!
    Lol Tankendog, you went out and got yourself a dedicated response from one of our favorite Rift community managers. like, you got a purple response dude!!!one, and not even on the official forums!

btw Elrar, <3.

WTB you beer and bacon.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Thanks all for the answers. I played all the Intro part while downloading the game. God i missed this game. It was just a year ago, but I felt nostalgic
    The environments in this game have that special feeling! I remember the first time i stepped into Gloamwood, it was awesome!
    I'll definitely get back on it, I'll try and call the customer support tomorrow and see if they can restore my old account, but I will get back on it even if they can't :P

@Elrar-Trion: Is it 24/7? Or should I call during work time? I'm from Italy, if that can help you answer

by the way: i'm glad the rift community is still nice. Maybe someone may say otherwise, but I remember a really good experience with both the players and the staff!
    Last edited by Bellhamy; 2012-10-10 at 09:55 PM.

@Elrar-Trion: Is it 24/7? Or should I call during work time? I'm from Italy, if that can help you answer
    It is not, though you can submit an email ticket at anytime (but for this matter calling when we're open is probably the ticket to the speediest resolution) - phones open at 9AM pacific which I believe is 4PM in Italy and remain open until 8PM Pacific. All details can be found here:
    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...bF9sTk9vOGw%3D

Cheers,
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    It is not, though you can submit an email ticket at anytime (but for this matter calling when we're open is probably the ticket to the speediest resolution) - phones open at 9AM pacific which I believe is 4PM in Italy and remain open until 8PM Pacific. All details can be found here:
    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...bF9sTk9vOGw%3D

Cheers,
    Thank you very much I'll call as soon as I get back from work tomorrow. It'll be great to get back all my characters and, especially, my pet collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Also may note that you can play for an unlimited amount of time up to level 20 with some restrictions.
    For the record Elrar is the Rift CM. Basically the Ghostcrawler of Rift with more hair

As has been said, a whole lot has changed, but all for the better. Still has a great feel. If you are planning on playing a rogue you should check out Zyzyx's rogue bible on the official forums, it is mostly geared towards end-game, but will give you an idea. Bluedots.org also has some good guides for rogue builds, again aimed at max level though. For leveling you can really use just about anything, though I would recommend Ranger for a pet or an Assassin based build for the leeching poison. Sabotuer I do not have any real experience with but from what I understand it is not as powerful as it once was, but can still be used to cause some mass destruction with CDs in PvP. If you happen to be on Deepwood and have further rogue questions feel free to ask me, or in the general chat for your level. People in game are generally very nice and willing to help a new/returning player.

Also, Elrar, you are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    For the record Elrar is the Rift CM. Basically the Ghostcrawler of Rift with more hair
    that's an honor, then! I'm speechless!
    /bow

@Lathais: Oh I remember Zyzyx! If I'm right, he already wrote rogue's guides in the early stage of the game. I remember his name.
    I used to level with an assassin based build when i was alone, I switched to bard when playing with my (now ex) girlfriend.
    I then tried saboteur and MM in PvP, i fell in love with those souls
    Last edited by Bellhamy; 2012-10-10 at 10:36 PM.

that's an honor, then! I'm speechless!
    /bow

@Lathais: Oh I remember Zyzyx! If I'm right, he already wrote rogue's guides in the early stage of the game. I remember his name.
    I used to level with an assassin based build when i was alone, I switched to bard when playing with my (now ex) girlfriend.
    I then tried saboteur and MM in PvP, i fell in love with those souls
    Just a bit of a warning for you Belhamy, patch 1.11 is going to be hitting very soon. This patch is the equivalent of WoW 5.0 (or 4.0, 3.0, etc.) where all the talent trees and souls are getting revamped and altered for Storm Legion's imminent arrival in November. While you can follow Zyzyx' guide as an idea on how things work, the majority of it will be outdated when the patch hits.

As a consolation though, most players will be in the same boat as you, having to adjust and relearn their classes for the expansion, so don't get discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Just a bit of a warning for you Belhamy, patch 1.11 is going to be hitting very soon. This patch is the equivalent of WoW 5.0 (or 4.0, 3.0, etc.) where all the talent trees and souls are getting revamped and altered for Storm Legion's imminent arrival in November. While you can follow Zyzyx' guide as an idea on how things work, the majority of it will be outdated when the patch hits.

As a consolation though, most players will be in the same boat as you, having to adjust and relearn their classes for the expansion, so don't get discouraged.
    I actually just read that on the website. That may be a positive thing to me, I won't feel as noob as i would :P

Deleted
    Trion even have staff checking these forums giving help to customers...jesus they are an amazing company. I haven't played Rift since the beta (liked the game but couldn't commit at the time, my computer was crappy) but I keep an eye on the game and it's updates and they seem very impressive. If I was to ever start fresh in an MMO then Rift will be my first choice, keep up the good work.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-10-10 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Trion even have staff checking these forums giving help to customers...
    They sure got one back