Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any new player character customizations added? Body size slider etc? Did they add any non-ugly male faces and models?

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Any new player character customizations added? Body size slider etc? Did they add any non-ugly male faces and models?
    Full scale barber shop with re doable everything...not sure about new faces and stuff

Yay, they said they can get my account back! And it took 10 minutes. I will just need to wait for them to get my old account on my new email address and I'm good to go. Cheers! (Best customer support ever, by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhamy View Post
    Yay, they said they can get my account back! And it took 10 minutes. I will just need to wait for them to get my old account on my new email address and I'm good to go. Cheers! (Best customer support ever, by the way)
    10 minutes? That means they were either half-assing it or extremely busy. Honest, I've never heard it taking more than 3-5 minutes. Glad to see it's all worked out though =)

Let us know if you need any help or need some clarification on something.

Welcome back to Telara!! Much has changed since you've last played per noted within this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    10 minutes? That means they were either half-assing it or extremely busy. Honest, I've never heard it taking more than 3-5 minutes. Glad to see it's all worked out though =)

Let us know if you need any help or need some clarification on something.
    hehe, it took *more* than you said because I had to look for my old credit card :P (they wanted to be sure it was me, of course).
    One question: during this time, i guess shards got populated. if you had to suggest one shard, what would you say? My old main is on Icewatch, i think, but I will start from scratch a new character anyway.

@goombatommy Thank you! I've read many of the changes, still have to try some out (like the instant adventure thingy, not sure how it works but i will have to try and see for myself, i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhamy View Post
    hehe, it took *more* than you said because I had to look for my old credit card :P (they wanted to be sure it was me, of course).
    One question: during this time, i guess shards got populated. if you had to suggest one shard, what would you say? My old main is on Icewatch, i think, but I will start from scratch a new character anyway.

@goombatommy Thank you! I've read many of the changes, still have to try some out (like the instant adventure thingy, not sure how it works but i will have to try and see for myself, i guess)
    Icewatch is a safe bet for now. If it gets too messy when SL releases, you can just use your weekly free transfer to a lesser populated server like Bloodiron or Blightweald.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Icewatch is a safe bet for now. If it gets too messy when SL releases, you can just use your weekly free transfer to a lesser populated server like Bloodiron or Blightweald.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some people using their free transfer in order to jump to a less populated server for leveling. I know I won't transfer to a more populated server until I hit 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some people using their free transfer in order to jump to a less populated server for leveling. I know I won't transfer to a more populated server until I hit 60.
    I'm just curious as why you would have to transfer off a high pop server to level? I'm sure I know what your answer is which leads me to my next question did you play in the last beta? NDA is holding me back but this message is about as cryptic as I can get. /wink

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I'm just curious as why you would have to transfer off a high pop server to level? I'm sure I know what your answer is which leads me to my next question did you play in the last beta? NDA is holding me back but this message is about as cryptic as I can get. /wink
    Yeah, I did. Plus I've experienced the same phenomenon in WoW during WotLK and Cata. Waiting for respawns can be a bitch. Carnage quests could be impossible on higher populated servers unless grouped. The fact that Trion allows free transfers will probably lead people to leave their server just to level and be back the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah, I did. Plus I've experienced the same phenomenon in WoW during WotLK and Cata. Waiting for respawns can be a bitch. Carnage quests could be impossible on higher populated servers unless grouped. The fact that Trion allows free transfers will probably lead people to leave their server just to level and be back the next week.
    We'll be able to discuss this in more detail once the NDA is lifted.

We'll be able to discuss this in more detail once the NDA is lifted.
    I know what you're thinking of, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't even notice during the first weekend :P But if you think about it, it doesn't completely eliminate the problem of having a lot of people in the zones unless re-spawn rates are dynamic, and I actually can't remember if they are?
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    I know what you're thinking of, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't even notice during the first weekend :P But if you think about it, it doesn't completely eliminate the problem of having a lot of people in the zones unless re-spawn rates are dynamic, and I actually can't remember if they are?
    Yeah, I bet many people didn't notice. Respawn rates are easy to change up or down I won't sweat respawn rates on beta.

Rift is a great game, I came back to it recently too.

I'm finally able to log back into my old account! Except for money, they didn't do too much damage. I still have my characters (50 cleric and 50 rogue), but I'm planning on leveling my mage. I'm on Icewatch and looking for a nice friendly raiding guild, which understand that I've came back after a long time and still need to tune my knowledge.
    If you think I can join your guild just send me a message (either here or in-game, my IGNs are MrCiderfly, Ciderfly, Relis, Philipfry).

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    For the record Elrar is the Rift CM. Basically the Ghostcrawler of Rift with more hair
    Thats not true though is it? GC is a dev, Elrar is a CM, unless thats changed sometime recently. Theres a pretty big difference. He's more like the Bashiok of Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    Thats not true though is it? GC is a dev, Elrar is a CM, unless thats changed sometime recently. Theres a pretty big difference. He's more like the Bashiok of Rift.

Yup, you're correct Elrar is a community manager not a developer like GC is.

Yup, you're correct Elrar is a community manager not a developer like GC is.
    The better comparison would be Elrar and Bashiok.

I haven't played in a little while and I was wondering if something in the game has changed or not. I know this may seem like a small and possibly petty thing, but is the wardrobe system still such that people run around mostly naked? Back when I played I remember hoping for an option that would allow me to see everyone's gear regardless of how they set up their wardrobe. I just find having people running around in their underwear a detraction.

I was a little put off by cover art for the expansion to be honest, as it seems just like the same old "fantasy" eye candy that we can't seem to break away from. Heaven forbid we go into a battle wearing armor that might protect ourselves...

P.S. Just to be clear, I'm not asking for the option to be taken away from others, just for me not to have to see it if I don't wish to.

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post
    Back when I played I remember hoping for an option that would allow me to see everyone's gear regardless of how they set up their wardrobe. I just find having people running around in their underwear a detraction.
    I'm ingame atm, can't see such an option though that doesn't mean there isn't one. But a quick look around, looks like you're forced to see what people are wearing (or not wearing). Though to be honest on my server at least I see very few naked people, so many wardrobe options these days probably discourages it