10+ Year Old Account
    And..... banned again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    And..... banned again.
    as much shocking as unexpected.

I couldn't help myself!

Bought every ingame ship.

Let's see here... I have an RSI Aurora LN, an Origin 325A, a Hornet Ghost, a DIS Freelancer, a Constellation, an Avenger, and....oh. Yeah. That Idris I bought a few months back.

I blame Chris Roberts for my internet spaceship problem that's been draining my wallet! He makes his ships look too damned legendary!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I couldn't help myself!

Let's see here... I have an RSI Aurora LN, an Origin 325A, a Hornet Ghost, a DIS Freelancer, a Constellation, an Avenger, and....oh. Yeah. That Idris I bought a few months back.

I blame Chris Roberts for my internet spaceship problem that's been draining my wallet! He makes his ships look too damned legendary!
    I feel extremely jealous, I feel bored of my 300i already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I feel extremely jealous, I feel bored of my 300i already
    And I'm jealous of your 300i. Here I am stuck with my freelancer which gives me a hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    And I'm jealous of your 300i. Here I am stuck with my freelancer which gives me a hornet.
    Now you're just showing off :P

But truth be told, I'm extremely satisfied with how my 300i handles. 10/10, would buy again :P
    I feel it has exactly the trade offs I was willing to give for some "living quarters" and a bit of cargo space.

But truth be told, I'm extremely satisfied with how my 300i handles. 10/10, would buy again :P
    I feel it has exactly the trade offs I was willing to give for some "living quarters" and a bit of cargo space.
    Well, the "living quarters" aren't even accessible yet on my 325a, so...*shrugs*...and the cargo hold looks damned small. But...it's a luxury space fighter, not a trading ship.

Well, the "living quarters" aren't even accessible yet on my 325a, so...*shrugs*...and the cargo hold looks damned small. But...it's a luxury space fighter, not a trading ship.
    Exactly. And compared to the hornet... or the Avenger (fun fact, I love the way the avenger looks, but only having a cockpit and no "living quarters" (notice how I keep using quotes on that? :P) was a big let down).

Also, I'm hoping the Avenger will become the next playable ship for the AC.

Another thing, I know it might've been mentioned somewhere...but wouldn't the ability to move around inside your ship during flight be nice? Like, just aiming your 300i towards your destination/setting an autopilot and then getting out of your chair to lie down on your bed while you fly on the way there? (Wouldn't serve any practical purpose, but would be nice ). Or being able to activate autopilot on the Freelancer and then go back to the restroom and pretend to virtually piss. Or inspect your cargo bay. Or play a game of chess with a friend (like Han Solo and Luke did in Star Wars while waiting to get to Alderaan).

Wait, yes! Recreation on board the ship! Being able to just set auto pilot, and then go do some fun stuff - be it RP or board games - while waiting for the proximity alarm to go off.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not showing off I just don't care for the hornet at all. I'd gladly trade the loner hornet for a 300i

Another thing, I know it might've been mentioned somewhere...but wouldn't the ability to move around inside your ship during flight be nice? Like, just aiming your 300i towards your destination/setting an autopilot and then getting out of your chair to lie down on your bed while you fly on the way there? (Wouldn't serve any practical purpose, but would be nice ). Or being able to activate autopilot on the Freelancer and then go back to the restroom and pretend to virtually piss. Or inspect your cargo bay. Or play a game of chess with a friend (like Han Solo and Luke did in Star Wars while waiting to get to Alderaan).

Wait, yes! Recreation on board the ship! Being able to just set auto pilot, and then go do some fun stuff - be it RP or board games - while waiting for the proximity alarm to go off.
    Yeah beds and living quarters SHOULD play a role imo. Like saving your character or something something. I feel like they need to be integrated into gameplay instead of just sitting there looking pretty.

Yeah beds and living quarters SHOULD play a role imo. Like saving your character or something something. I feel like they need to be integrated into gameplay instead of just sitting there looking pretty.
    How about a well rested bonus from logging off from the PU while in a bed? 15% bonus to everything next time you long on.

How about a well rested bonus from logging off from the PU while in a bed? 15% bonus to everything next time you long on.
    I think it should be more active in the gameplay. Things like what the bed does in Minecraft spring to mind.

Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble, but since you guys are talking about wanting ships! My org is doing a Freelancer giveaway contest

https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...ussion/151101/

Yes it's shameless self promotion, but free shit!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't help myself!

Got the same problem as you with draining my wallet. I feel like i have spent way too much on this game. Have a M50, a super hornet, a 315p, a avenger, a cutlass and a banu merchantman.

As for moving around in the ship while flying, i think its a planned feature but not implemented in AC.

As much as it SEEMS like I will really enjoy this game, I'm just not willing to fork over hundreds of dollars for internet spaceships. Especially on a game we're still barely touching the surface of hands-on gameplay for.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    As much as it SEEMS like I will really enjoy this game, I'm just not willing to fork over hundreds of dollars for internet spaceships. Especially on a game we're still barely touching the surface of hands-on gameplay for.
    You don't have to pay hundreds. The cheapest package is 30 bucks and you get an aurora and the game when it comes out. 5 more on top of that and you get access to arena commander.

I need to go find the solid information, but I do know that you will be able to walk around your ship during flight. There are multi-crew ships, and the others of the crew will be able to move around the ship at all times.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to safely log out in deep space if you don't have a bed in your ship. If you go to far out of range in a Hornet and log out, it's going to start heading back to the closest hanger, but it will have the possibility of being intercepted. But if you have a bed I think, as long as you are not in combat, that you basically "go dark" and can't be harmed. This is coming from memory, but I think it's accurate to how they want the game to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are recreational activities added to the game to give you something to do between destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraim View Post
    I need to go find the solid information, but I do know that you will be able to walk around your ship during flight. There are multi-crew ships, and the others of the crew will be able to move around the ship at all times.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to safely log out in deep space if you don't have a bed in your ship. If you go to far out of range in a Hornet and log out, it's going to start heading back to the closest hanger, but it will have the possibility of being intercepted. But if you have a bed I think, as long as you are not in combat, that you basically "go dark" and can't be harmed. This is coming from memory, but I think it's accurate to how they want the game to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are recreational activities added to the game to give you something to do between destinations.
    Huh.

So...if I say...need to perform an illegal transaction, I can get on my Freelancer, fly to the asteroid belt ahead of time, find nice place to hide, get in my bed and log off until say, 5 minutes before the meeting, and I won't be harmed by SC's version of CONCORD or other players? So basically my ship is invincible? Or does it phase out? It'd seem like if everyone's ship in space remained there even after log out, that'd cause server complications because of all those ships logged out.

Huh.

So...if I say...need to perform an illegal transaction, I can get on my Freelancer, fly to the asteroid belt ahead of time, find nice place to hide, get in my bed and log off until say, 5 minutes before the meeting, and I won't be harmed by SC's version of CONCORD or other players? So basically my ship is invincible? Or does it phase out? It'd seem like if everyone's ship in space remained there even after log out, that'd cause server complications because of all those ships logged out.
    I'm pretty sure only the very large ships, like the Bengal Carrier, will be persistent when the owner logs out. I don't think you'll be vulnerable when you log out in a ship with a bed, and the ship won't be physically present in the Universe. Who knows if your scenario would work or not. It's one of those nebulous "We would like it to be like this.." things that will get more fleshed out.
    Last edited by Thraim; 2014-06-19 at 09:24 PM.