Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are supposed to start having sex around 13. That being said, in our society, this can't really happen, mostly because of the way we've set up our culture. Someone mentioned earlier that "we should go back to the days when fathers sent their sons to brothels at age 13". Interesting and similar concept, but I don't agree with this. More important than anything is the creation of relationships. Humans use sex to strengthen those relationships. Sex shouldn't be used as it commonly is - as a tool of simple pleasure. But that's the outcome we've made for ourselves. That's what you get when you want everyone to be monogamous, and you put boundaries between age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    While different, this shows that the alimony system is ill designed in general and not what a lot of people tend to think of it as (men paying women only).
    Indeed, though you have to admit that it is abused by women more simply because courts tend to be more protective of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes, she got away without any negative repercussion.

"She must also sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for ten years"
    And that whole, her face and activities have been smeared on international news sources.... think she'll ever get employed again?

In the grand scheme of things, 5 years down the road it would have probably been better for her to have had 2 years jail time over it.
    a male in her shoes would have all that negative social repercussion plus the jail time on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    a male in her shoes would have all that negative social repercussion plus the jail time on top of that.
    I don't believe I ever implied otherwise. I was pointing out that the assumption that her gender let her get away completely with no serious repercussions was false. Even if the sentence was lighter than it would be were she a male, its still one with a great amount of negative consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    So you're saying we should stop giving males absurd sentences, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    People are supposed to start having sex around 13.
    that doesn't seem the case, at least in America, where for the partner to be legal they have to be 16-18 depending on the state.

On the topic of the thread, judging by their ages this should clearly be statuatory rape, she was aware of his age, and she plead guilty. How on earth did she evade jail time?

Skimming the article, "She must also sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for ten years."

So she's not completely off the hook, but still.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-10-15 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Because allot of people feel this way when it comes to women sleeping with teenage boys. Sadly, even their own fathers.

It's wrong.....it's not cool, guys.

This. Girl sleeps with older man...He's called a pervert, deviant, etc and the girl is treated like a piece of spun glass.

Guy sleeps with older woman...he becomes a hero among his peers and woman is let off because the likelihood of him pressing charges are slim to none.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Indeed, though you have to admit that it is abused by women more simply because courts tend to be more protective of women.
    People tend to, certainly, but I don't think the same can be said of courts. Judges may make insane decisions based on the law, but they tend not to be outright biased in their actual judgements.

If it is "abused" by women more (and I would agree it is), it's most likely primarily because stay at home moms are still dramatically more common than stay at home dads. The alimony system is designed for that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    People are supposed to start having sex around 13.
    Not really. Most cultures historically marrying at ages of 16+ would indicate this isn't the case.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    On the topic of the thread, judging by their ages this should clearly be statuatory rape, she was aware of his age, and she plead guilty. How on earth did she evade jail time?
    When she became aware, he was almost 16, which is the legal age of consent. That and her life circumstances provided mitigation. There are no position of power or trust that was abused, and no sign of coercion. Not really hard to get away without jail for that in a country where abducting, gangraping and then selling a 14 year old girl lands you a 2 year sentence (that will not be fully served).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    This was in the UK, don't make a fool of yourself now... oh wait, you already did with that stupid comment.

The age of consent is 16 in the UK, not 18 as in the states
    Actually MOST states in the US have 16 as age of consent. Just that places like California(where movies are made) is 18 and thus the popular belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    She has that tipically ugly look to her. Not sure what the boys saw in her. No pun intended.
    He saw a willing women to a virgin male that's like finding a pot of gold.
    Essentially young men view women much like cars, it's ok for your first one to be a run down pile of shit because it's better than nothing.

Besides being with older women has a great many perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    You can't rape the willing, no. But let me introduce you to a term called pedophilia.
    If this was a 32 year old man having sex with a 15 year old girl, everyone would be calling for his head on spikes.
    First that's not pedophilia(i swear this term is like the kleenex of chronophilias) it would be a hebephile or ebephile(i always get em mixed up LOL) which until about 70-130 years ago depending on where you are was(and again depending still is) perfectly normal.

3.5/5... would bang and +rep to those boys

I found the case: http://www.bubbaworld.com/mccurtain2.html

John Keith Tucker raped a teenager for two years from when she was 14. He impregnated her twice before the abuse stopped. When she turned 19, he sued his rape victim - and was awarded custody of one of the children (then aged 5). The judge then ordered the rape victim to pay child support. This is despite the fact that Tucker confessed, in court, to the crime of statutory rape. Despite the fact that the reason he won custody was because he had a better income while she was 19. The really sad thing is, that judge actually followed the letter of the law. Yes, the law is fucked up. The prosecutor however is a shameless coward for not prosecuting an admitted rapist.

If anyone is interested, the case had a happy ending. A superior court judge decided to openly ignore the law (said so himself) and reversed the lower court decision. I can't remember who it was and couldn't be bothered searching for it again, but kudos to whoever it was.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-10-15 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmas View Post
    Lucky bastards!
    hahaha xD

Think of things this way. not to long ago old age was late 30s to late 40s. you were not able to be first time 30something parents back then. people in order for our species to survive had to start early, 14, 15, 16. Why is it that if people knew enough for humans to survive back then that they do not know enough to understand the difference of yes and no unless told so by the laws of man? By pretending to protect the innocence of your children (and trust me they are not innocent by any means) you are only deeming them unworthy of the companionship that got you here in the first place.

on the other hand though I am in full support that bearing a child in today's society is an act of cruelty and should be punished by death.
    Last edited by crawdaddy029; 2012-10-15 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Hmmm, She doesn't seem that hot - but I sure wouldn't mind her taking advantage of me tbh. Even if I was 17. Hell, even 15, my hormones were at it's highest peek!