My raid's DPS is really low...

My raid has really been struggling because our dps are just not pulling numbers anywhere near where they should be. I have mages doing 35k dps on some fights =/ I'm at a loss of what they're doing wrong because I've spent the past 8 years as a healer and am not as familiar with the new MoP mechanics as I probably should be. Any advice on how they can improve (especially my mages, ret pallies) would be really appreciated. We do run logs and the one from Wednesday is posted below.

worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-nd79683t29846zbk/

Here's the link for those who cba to edit manually:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nd79683t29846zbk/

Make sure they gear, gem, reforge, enchant etc properly, and know their rotation. The rest is just execution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ret paladin(Souldriver)needs to drop Glyph of Immediate Truth, it is a flat out dps loss. Your other ret paladin(Flame) needs to get some glyphs! Both paladin need to work on inquisition uptime, it should be above 92-95%. I saw some of the fight it was less than 90%, that is very bad. If your palliies had logged out in their ret gear I could analyze that as well. :/

I don't know much about the current state of mages. Aside from your paladins and mages the rest of the dps appear to be fine.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-10-12 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Just quickly browsing, noticed your ret paladins have a low uptime on Inquisition. Should ever be below 95%, they are below 80 on several pulls/kills.

The Mages are not using Combustion well. Sygoth cast it only ONCE in your 7min kill of Feng, and it wasn't even a particularly effective cast. Even worse, their uptimes for Rune of Power are around 55%. At that percentage, they're much better off using a different talent.
    Last edited by Tyllis; 2012-10-12 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks. I had already talked to the one guy about not having glyphs (I honestly hadn't even checked that before that night because I can't personally imagine showing up to a raid with empty glyph slots). Already gave people the feedback. Thanks so much so far <3 (I also would not be against any feedback on the healers too, I know priests are super weak right now but that's all I really have to work with in the guild at the moment )

Just a note: glyphs are not mandatory any more. Some class/spec combinations are no worse off for having empty major glyph slots.

Your blood dk is playing quite poorly. They are spending around 30% of the time standing around not pushing buttons and not using runes/runic power. You always have buttons to press as a blood dk and never are rune/runic power starved. They aren't using soul reaper which is decent for a bit of extra dps.

Not trying to sound demanding but is there anything constructive I can tell him that he is/isn't/should be doing other than "push more buttons"? (If that's the gist of it then that's fine too)

Push more buttons and tell them to use CDs.

Looking at your Gara'jal kill - In 5:37 he didn't use rune tap or vampiric blood at all (lol wtf .... terirble), only used AMS/IBF once, dodge trinket twice and used DRW 3 times.

This is extremely poor use of CDs and if I was healing him I'd tell him to get his shit together and use abilities...... I hate tanks who don't use CDs to mitigate damage and it's even worse on that encounter because he should be mitigating as much as he can for VooDoo dolls to make healers lives easier.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel with you. I was Off tank with a guild in release of firelands. I loved tanking and PvE was then something I enjoyed. Now the problem here was that raiding was extremely hard. Our dps was on 7-9k, we had 1 on 13k. Tanks topped the DPS. I almost topped the Healing market, I was a Blood DK. I feel so sorry for the MT as he was the raid leader. He wasn't a GM, just a raid leader. He tried to hard to make the lesser good players push it and of course we finally managed it. We took him 2-3 times. I decided to quit on our third attempt, after the raid due to work and gaming to quite working too well for me.

Later I haven't seen much of the guild, that's my story. Not sure if I can help with yours but there are some people that generaly are bad with the game, I'm sure outr RL knew that, I mean he had to tell the same guys failing over and over again. The best part was, he actually never got mad. The problem is, those with 7-9k DPS are casual players.

I had a friend doing this aswell with his guild, I can't remember, was it 25k their DPS did on the very same encounter? I mean missing with 3-4k DPS is big in itself but can be explained, but doing 1/3 of the right DPS is just something wrong.

What I would reccomend you is kick them if you want better progress, or talk with them and teach them how to play, I mean that is if you got too much time, organizing a raid, IRL time, school, work, familiy etc..

Our raid leader was one good guy, but I realise with me gone, not implifying a was the best players, he pretty much had the trust in me. But with me gone, he had to use one of the lesser good players as tank and I guess that made him quit, not even him can do the impossible.

There is where the LFR comes in. Help those players.

Kezotar - I get what you're saying. The thing is, we play on a pretty dead server, especially as far as PvE goes. We're making due with what we've got, but we don't really have much playerbase to pull from to recruit. Obviously we're trying. Most of my raiders have played here forever, have friends here, etc. Lord knows I don't have the money to leave if I wanted to. That's why I was hoping for some concrete advice on how to help them improve. I obviously don't know everything about every class and I've been doing the best I can to teach them but figured it was worth asking for some help/advice.

Your hunter not using potions

LFR my friend...LFR. that's where these guys should be raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    LFR my friend...LFR. that's where these guys should be raiding.
    Super helpful -_-

Edit! Also... worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-wclog2s8bzd3nx36/

Those were our elegon wipes =/
    Last edited by Trella; 2012-10-12 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trella View Post
    My raid has really been struggling because our dps are just not pulling numbers anywhere near where they should be. I have mages doing 35k dps on some fights =/ I'm at a loss of what they're doing wrong because I've spent the past 8 years as a healer and am not as familiar with the new MoP mechanics as I probably should be. Any advice on how they can improve (especially my mages, ret pallies) would be really appreciated. We do run logs and the one from Wednesday is posted below.

worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-nd79683t29846zbk/
    This is strictly from a raid leader perspective, as I have not started raiding for real yet (Only did some pugs).

Do you have all buffs ?(Depends if the hunter is using Spore Bat I guess - He should :b

In some situasions, you have to make a descision. A: Help them Improve/Tell them to improve. B: Replace them.

Sometimes it can be tough, but some of your raid is holding the other back. That should not be the case (Ofc. some are always better than others, but in your raid its rather to much). The ret pally and the mages are already commented, so .. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    This is strictly from a raid leader perspective, as I have not started raiding for real yet (Only did some pugs).

Do you have all buffs ?(Depends if the hunter is using Spore Bat I guess - He should :b

In some situasions, you have to make a descision. A: Help them Improve/Tell them to improve. B: Replace them.

Sometimes it can be tough, but some of your raid is holding the other back. That should not be the case (Ofc. some are always better than others, but in your raid its rather to much). The ret pally and the mages are already commented, so .. (:
    Yes he's using spore bat. We also are gonna have a spriest soon I hope (our rogue isn't happy being a rogue so he's leveling his shadow priest). As I've said replacing them isn't really an option. My server doesn't PvE. Leaving the server isn't financially viable. I have to be able tojust work with them to improve them. Unfortunately I don't know how to play every class ever, so I posted here.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    your monk is bad

Well either way ty all for the advice so far.

How is it even possible to do 35k as a mage?