Thread: [TV] Arrow

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And fuck the anual arrow/flash crossover and bring us atom/flash crossovers instead!
    Why stop at such a small scale? Annual DC TV crossover, with as many heroes they can get their grubby hands on.

Annual TV-Movie Justice League Mega-Crossover maybe.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

First: Atom was there BEFORE ant-man
    second: your not into comics are you? Atom is way better then Arrow trust me. And fuck the anual arrow/flash crossover and bring us atom/flash crossovers instead!
    i dont know why you mention reading comics, most people who read comics prefer green arrow, even back when he was just a reskin of batman.

and it doesnt really matter which one came first. more people know ant man so public perception is going to make them think that. since marvel went with scott lang instead of pym the main similarities will likely only be the powers so its not that big of an issue

- - - Updated - - -

"The CW President Mark Pedowitz declined to confirm whether the CBS Supergirl would crossover with Arrow and Flash; instead, telling reporters at the Winter TCA's to ask executive producer Greg Berlanti. Well, that's exactly what IGN did. Berlanti told the gaming site, "So much has to go right for us to be able to make a great show. Again, I think of myself as like if I were watching them, I would want to see [them crossover]. But we have to get so many things right to make a good show and so much of it is luck, unfortunately."

As far as actual progress on the Supergirl show is concerned, Berlanti shared, "I hope you’re going to hear about casting soon or we’re not going to be able to make the pilot! I would say, tonally closer to Flash than Arrow. That’s probably the best way to say it."

It sounds as if Berlanti definitely wants to make the crossover happen. And as previously reported, the ability for Supergirl, Flash and Arrow to crossover is something specifically outlined in Berlanti's contract. For now, it appears that Berlanti simply wants to get the titular role cast and the pilot filmed before confirming any crossovers with The CW's superhero duo. "

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=113464
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    First: Atom was there BEFORE ant-man
    second: your not into comics are you? Atom is way better then Arrow trust me. And fuck the anual arrow/flash crossover and bring us atom/flash crossovers instead!
    I never said he wasn't around before, I just said they have similar powers, and that I don't find that particular ability interesting. I only made the comparison to Ant Man because he's in the spotlight right now due to the movie coming out and while I do read comics, I know a lot of people who are fans of the show that don't and I wanted to explain in an easily grasphed way why I don't like the idea.

And I would say Atom being better than Arrow is up for debate too. Generally I put personal skill above tech in terms of power ranking. After all suits can break, EMP's can shut them down... It's a bit harder to make someone forget they've spent 8+ years training how to do something .

And to be fair... I did then say "Of course I said the same thing about Arrow and Flash . ", so it's not like I said "zomgs I always knew the Arrow show would be great, but I think Atom is going to suck!!11!1!1!1!". I was basically admitting that while I have reservations about the idea, I had almost the exact same reservations about Arrow and Flash, but now love both shows.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly ,I always thought Palmer gave me that wierd super villain vibe to me in Arrow.
    I had that same feeling from him. He seemed like he was too nice, and that it was a front for how evil he was. I don't know much about DC so I had no idea who he was for a while, til I started reading this thread. I was really expecting him to be evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I had that same feeling from him. He seemed like he was too nice, and that it was a front for how evil he was. I don't know much about DC so I had no idea who he was for a while, til I started reading this thread. I was really expecting him to be evil.
    I got the same thing, a dude who is creating this super suit or w/e, totally looked evil to me. I mean out of all of Arrow, some smart dude creating something has never turned out for the best.

Until I saw people in here talking about him. I might have to rewatch this season because of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

- - - Updated - - -

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    I didnt like smallville at all, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulmc View Post
    That's because Smallville was a giant steamy pile of turd.

Arrow/Flash couldn't be any more different.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I'd really only watch Smallville for Laura and Kristen. Which is the only reason I watch Bitten. Tight little canadians...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulmc View Post
    Smallvile got boring fast with the whole mutant of the week storyline.

Flash has kind of followed that direction as well but it feels a bit more fun since their is less whining the smallvile. I mean its OK to make superman less great and less godlike but in the end he is superman, you can't have him crying every episode.

Arrow is different and way more dark then most tv shows (not Game of Thrones dark but close enough). How many tv shows will say the following ''what hurts more then a arrow going in ...... - shoots a arrow-........ ''is a arrow going out''.

Gotham may not have batman but its one long story which is great since you want to watch every episode.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Smallvile got boring fast with the whole mutant of the week storyline.

Flash has kind of followed that direction as well but it feels a bit more fun since their is less whining the smallvile. I mean its OK to make superman less great and less godlike but in the end he is superman, you can't have him crying every episode.

Arrow is different and way more dark then most tv shows (not Game of Thrones dark but close enough). How many tv shows will say the following ''what hurts more then a arrow going in ...... - shoots a arrow-........ ''is a arrow going out''.

Gotham may not have batman but its one long story which is great since you want to watch every episode.
    Well, on the point of Flash being very "meta-human of the week" so far, Arrow was just criminal of the week at first as well, and then shifted to being more focused on bigger story arcs. It's a decent way to just build the world a little and flesh characters out, before turning everyone's attention to season-spanning arcs. (another show that had this gradual shift in recent times, was Fringe)

Anyway, to whoever's out there on the fence because they didn't like Smallville: don't let that influence your judgement about Arrow/Flash, I personally disliked Smallville as well, but Arrow and Flash are in a whole different league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Well, on the point of Flash being very "meta-human of the week" so far, Arrow was just criminal of the week at first as well, and then shifted to being more focused on bigger story arcs. It's a decent way to just build the world a little and flesh characters out, before turning everyone's attention to season-spanning arcs. (another show that had this gradual shift in recent times, was Fringe)

Anyway, to whoever's out there on the fence because they didn't like Smallville: don't let that influence your judgement about Arrow/Flash, I personally disliked Smallville as well, but Arrow and Flash are in a whole different league.
    But criminal of the week feels less gimmicky then having a new evil dude that got his power as a result of a freak accident.

Anyway biggest difference is that they is less whining in both shows then in a single episode of Smallville.

I kind of liked Smallville. Mostly because later on it had Michael Shanks. I'm a huge Michael Shanks fan, except Saving Hope, which incidentally also has Erica Durance.

Anyway, I haven't really watched Arrow this season. Does it get better after the first few episodes? I didn't really like those.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I kind of liked Smallville. Mostly because later on it had Michael Shanks. I'm a huge Michael Shanks fan, except Saving Hope, which incidentally also has Erica Durance.
    I forgot about her, i love her! I liked that show... sorta. Her and the arrogant doctor from something else I liked.... OH Elijah from VD. Only watched season 1 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Arrow is different and way more dark then most tv shows
    My favorite quote from my darling angel samurai thing in training, Ms. Thea: "When someone hurts you, you hurt them worse, you hurt them permanently."
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    John Barrowman is doing some Torchwood things for bbc, so I guess they are giving him a break like they said they would if he needed it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

"TV Line caught up with showrunner Andrew Kreisberg to get the scoop of Slade's return to The CW series. "Slade is definitely [resurfacing] in the present day," he reveals. Will he be happy to learn to of Oliver's demise? "Not that he’s ever happy, but he’s particularly unhappy. When he comes back, he’s out for blood."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113706

- - - Updated - - -

seems like my theory that slade is pissed off someone else killed oliver might be right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    seems like my theory that slade is pissed off someone else killed oliver might be right
    You called it dude :P, Deathstroke Vs Ra's... Could be fun! I think Deathstroke will fair slightly better than Olly, but not much .

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You called it dude :P, Deathstroke Vs Ra's... Could be fun! I think Deathstroke will fair slightly better than Olly, but not much .
    Deathstroke with no powers = quick loss for Deathstroke. If he somehow gets his powers back, I'd say he actually has the advantage. In general, in DC comics, Deathstroke is a much scarier opponent than Ra's al Ghul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Deathstroke with no powers = quick loss for Deathstroke. If he somehow gets his powers back, I'd say he actually has the advantage. In general, in DC comics, Deathstroke is a much scarier opponent than Ra's al Ghul.
    Really? Isn't Ra's like... The strongest human in DC Lore? He's pretty badass.

Also... IF he has his powers back, the fight between those two would be SSSOOO AWESOME!