Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I hadn't thought of Rip... Would be cool if he went back, ressed her then to her to the future and she trained with future ninjas or some shit and that's why her fighting style has changed slightly.
    It would be interesting if they opened up the can of worms of alternate worlds too, but that's even messier than time-travel.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elggur View Post
    They could still have Oliver being with Felicity, withouth her going batshit crazy whenever he take a decision she doesn't like :\ THAT is the main problem at the moment, not the fact that oliver is with felicity insted of laurel like in the comic book, but the fact that whenever HE is in any kind of relationship, his partner act all kind of crazy :\
    That's a pretty fair point. Hopfully now they're properly together they'll both chill out a bit. I miss awesome Season one/two Felicity, that was a super awesome character, not a blank slate for fangirls to live vicariously through.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It would be interesting if they opened up the can of worms of alternate worlds too, but that's even messier than time-travel.
    Hahaha indeed, although they're edging in that direction with Flash. Time travel and altering events if very similar to alternate worlds, will be interesting to see how they handle it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hahaha indeed, although they're edging in that direction with Flash. Time travel and altering events if very similar to alternate worlds, will be interesting to see how they handle it.
    It'd be hilarious if Movie Flash and TV Flash met up.

10+ Year Old Account
    And TV Flash kicked his ass, because he's better in every way .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

well technically theyve already opened up alternate timelines since rip is from a future thats been destroyed by savage. and the guy who plays barrys dad hinted they were going to bring in bart allen sometime next season
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think the series creators thought this was going to be the series finale.

I personally didn't mind the last episode, found it entertaining, if you're going for predictable, the entire series and concept of super heroes is pretty much that. Hence why there are super heroes and villains. Good guy beats the bad guy and without the relationship drama it would just be a 20 minutes of asskicking every week. To keep the ass kicking fresh there needs to be highs and lows and alternating storylines. That would get old pretty fast, as it almost did with season 1. I liked the series from the beginning, but after season one and going mid way to season two i thought about quitting on it, episodes were always the same. New baddie, beat him up, lock him up (of course cause the hero cannot kill the bad dudes, doesn't go with the nature of a hero and then eventually they will escape), next episode.
    Season 3 was a breath of fresh air to view. Hopefully they mix it up even more with S4.
    Just not too much, as they've already done with Flash.

Flash is just going way too much in to the comics, with the time traveling and altering time lines, yeah that's part of Flash as a super hero, but as in the DC universe Super man is Clark Kent, that's it. Flash is like what? 4 different guys.. No idea if the Infinite Crisis will be featured, but that would just wreck it completely with the alternative universes. It's bad enough that in the comics the different writers and artists have resurrected the character multiple times and on multiple alter egos. It's just extremely confusing to follow and stay on track if you've not read every single comic from beginning somewhere in the 50s or 60s.
    And now Arrow is already leaning to it with the whole Arsenal, Red Arrow, Speedy, Thea and Roy mix up. And as it seems that Oliver Queen is no longer the Arrow, what?
    Or at least won't be Arrow as in wearing the costume or mask, thing they prepared for 2 entire seasons to be worn, got wrecked in like what 5-6 episodes? Even more so the title character... So season four will be Team Arrow aka Black Canary and Speedy kicking it up duo style and Diggle hanging around. With Oliver and Felicity doing what? Normal people stuff? Doubt it, but if Oliver's not the Arrow, who is he and why is the series still Arrow? The finale sort of built up that Diggle might inherit the Arrow costume for season 4, but i don't know.. He's just not the Arrow, he's clearly the sidekick of the sidekick.

i'm not even gonna go to the Legends of Tomorrow and the White Canary.. Just nope.
    I don't know.. personally i still like the serie, even the series as in Arrow and Flash. And that's partly cause everything else on TV currently is pure dudu. Otherwise there's GoT and TBBT, out of which TBBT is dangerously growing out of being what it was when it started. GoT has a lot of similar issues than Flash does, not in the timeline sense, don't get me wrong, it's great, but way too many characters to follow for a such short seasoned show.

It's just that emulating the comics will eventually build it up to being too confusing, it's got good points to it. Taking stuff from the existing universe and bringing it alive on the screen, but also the 50+ years of confusing history is brought along with it and all sort of alternative perspectives.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-05-18 at 10:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    I think the series creators thought this was going to be the series finale.
    While it seems like it could be a series finale, I highly doubt that. They knew well in advance of filming that the show had been renewed. It imo just sets up the show for him to come back as a more light hearted 'friendlier' Green Arrow.

This season has set up a lot of characters, next season might focus more on other things like the first couple of seasons. I really fucking hope they don't do what they did after the midseason break though and have a few episodes focused on the side characters while Oliver isn't there. That is the worst thing they could possibly do.

greg berlanti said saras death is what made them decide that this season should be a bit darker/depressing with all the drama, that having something emotional like that the rest of the season kind of needed to match.

but he said everyone agreed that they were a little tired of all of the darkness and that next season would be more lighthearted as a balance to this season, not to light hearted, its still arrow so it will always be the darker shade against shows like flash and legends but not so full of drama.

i said before but im guessing the after effects of the lazarus pit will probably be the main drama plot point with thea, especially when roy eventually shows back up. but everyone else will likely be on better terms
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i said before but im guessing the after effects of the lazarus pit will probably be the main drama plot point with thea, especially when roy eventually shows back up. but everyone else will likely be on better terms
    Could be yeah, I did think it was odd how they went on about the pit being bad and fucking people up, yet Thea seems normal and fine.

Also I'm pretty sure Roy is out. They said he might apear back for an episode once a season if that, but he's straight up done besides that. Stephen Amell posted a pic with him saying something along the lines of "I can't wait to see what <insert Roy's real name here> does in the future for his career".

In an interview Marc Guggenheim said that Roy wasn't sure he wanted to do a TV series, and they initially took him on at first and he would decide how long he wanted to stay. He stayed a while but he's got a lot of things he's doing like a big movie that's coming out etc. They didn't kill him off as they wanted to keep him in the universe incase he wanted to come back/future appearances. The actor that plays Roy still wants to play the character every now and then but he's devoting more time to other things. So no idea if he'll be in the show much at all anymore.

Deleted
    EDIT: Holy shit, just watched the Legends of Tomorrow trailer, that show looks GREAT! White Canary is an interesting choice... One thing stands out for me though. The primary antagonist is Vandal Savage (BEST NAME EVER)... An immortal warrior with his own private army of ruthless killers. Sound a little familiar?
    The main difference is, Vandal was created like 2 decades before Ultron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Savage and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultron#Publication_history). Apart from that Vandal would kick Ultrons ass :P

Edith: after posting this i just saw you probably mean ras who was also created 3 decades after Savage
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2015-05-18 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The main difference is, Vandal was created like 2 decades before Ultron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Savage and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultron#Publication_history). Apart from that Vandal would kick Ultrons ass :P
    Pretty sure he was referring to Ra's Al Ghul and not Ultron :P

greg berlanti said saras death is what made them decide that this season should be a bit darker/depressing with all the drama, that having something emotional like that the rest of the season kind of needed to match.

but he said everyone agreed that they were a little tired of all of the darkness and that next season would be more lighthearted as a balance to this season, not to light hearted, its still arrow so it will always be the darker shade against shows like flash and legends but not so full of drama.

I also wonder if Supergirl might have some trickle over to make the world a bit more superhero-ish, even if just a mention of stuff happening so it doesnt' seem like it's just Starling City that has this huge problem with blowing up every year. Take it up to Green Arrow and not so much drama maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

Edith: after posting this i just saw you probably mean ras who was also created 3 decades after Savage

Haha yup, I did mean Ra's , I also 100% agree with either Ra's or Savage would CURBSTOMP Ultron.

But while I agree that Ra's came a fair while after Savage that's not the point I was trying to make, what I was saying is that it seems a little strange to have to Antagonists with such similar back stories so close to one another... It would be like having the Flash season 1 bad guy being a mercenary who was giving an experimental super syrum and went crazy...

That said, Savage is a great character and that trailer looks AWESOME, so I'm really looking forward to this show.

im guessing they'll make their goals differ. ra's seemed content to remain swords for hire. savage seems to be going for a world/time/maybe even multiverse domination.

they'll probably be pretty different personality wise.

im hoping they go full on comics and have savage eat people

10+ Year Old Account
    im guessing they'll make their goals differ. ra's seemed content to remain swords for hire. savage seems to be going for a world/time/maybe even multiverse domination.

they'll probably be pretty different personality wise.

im hoping they go full on comics and have savage eat people
    Maybe if this was HBO , can't see the CW showing canabalism. They might imply it, but they wont full on say it.

And true while they have similar outlines, Savage is FAR more belligerent, can't see him offering the Legends a chance to take over for him... A chance to be his dinner yes, his allies... Not so much.

Maybe if this was HBO , can't see the CW showing canabalism. They might imply it, but they wont full on say it.

And true while they have similar outlines, Savage is FAR more belligerent, can't see him offering the Legends a chance to take over for him... A chance to be his dinner yes, his allies... Not so much.
    idk, have you watchec hannibal? they could definitely pull him off eating people especially if they do it in a "this isnt pork im eating" sort of way

10+ Year Old Account
    idk, have you watchec hannibal? they could definitely pull him off eating people especially if they do it in a "this isnt pork im eating" sort of way

Nah, I've heard it's good though, worth checking out during the downtime before the new season of Arrow/Flash starts ?

And yeah I suppose they could imply it heavily without totally spelling it out. Enough that's it's obvious what's going on, but not SO obvious that people get angry.

Heroes did have the brain-eating, before they decided he was just studying them or whatever...

But I doubt it'll be showcased.

Nah, I've heard it's good though, worth checking out during the downtime before the new season of Arrow/Flash starts ?

And yeah I suppose they could imply it heavily without totally spelling it out. Enough that's it's obvious what's going on, but not SO obvious that people get angry.
    Hannibal is quite possibly one of the most beautiful shows on tv right now, they get away with ALOT of brutal shit because they slightly stylize it

- - - Updated - - -

heres an example. hannibal has proved you can get away with alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... That show looks amazing, I have to see it . Netflix?