Need opinions on what to change!

Hey everyone, so after a while with my computer I'm not happy with it, I've no idea what in it is holding it back, my GPU or CPU.
    What I currently have:
    AMD FX6100 @ 4.1GHZ
    Radeon 6850 @ 800 / 1160
    8GB Corsair Vengeance
    I play at 1920x1080 resolution, and not just WoW, I play some Battlefield 3 and some other games aswell.

Currently I'm considering just going over to intel, but that would make me trade my motherboard and CPU, so I was considering only changing them and keeping the rest, what I had in mind: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128546 motherboard, and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116501 for CPU.
    Now, trading them I'd have to keep my video card for a little while longer before I trade it for a 680. Would that be worth it? Or am I better off just changing my GPU to a 7970 and keeping the FX6100 as my CPU? Keep in mind if I do trade my CPU, it'd have to last for a while, since I'm not in the US, prices here are a bit crazy and computers have to last for at least a year and a half or two years if at all possible.

That CPU would not bottleneck you in any way. If anythings to change it's the GPU. A GTX 670 would run any current game at 1080p.
    Playing since 2007.

Hm so if I changed my GPU to say, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125422 this, would that get me by for a while?

That should run any game at high settings @1080p, yes.
    Playing since 2007.

I just did a test playing BF3 on ultra, didn't even break 20 fps, it just hovered around 15-18. With my system, is there a way to know what kind of fps I'd get by upgrading to a 680 and playing on ultra?

10+ Year Old Account
    For gpu go with a 7950 or 670, I have a feeling a 680 or 7970 will be bottlenecked by the 6100. Could be totally wrong though. What motherboard do you have, I assume its an AM3+ since you have the 6100. AMD is releasing their "piledriver" cpus at the end of this month, but no reviews out just yet ( that i buy into anyway) because of the NDA. The speculation is that they are around a 15% increase from the bulldozer line ( that is just based off an interview a guy from AMD did recently, so until its proven its vaporware)

Save a couple hundred bucks by grabbing one of those gpus and hold on to the rest to see how the new cpus from amd do. Or just wait and see how they perform and then decide if you want to go intel or not.

Would a 660ti work aswell? I was talking to a friend and he said it'd be pretty much good for a year and a half at least. I'm not really looking to stay with AMD though, I just feel like I would've been better off going with Intel, but that's what you get when you let someone build a computer for you I suppose.
    What I really don't know is if I should just spent a little bit more and get a 680 and be set for sure for a while, or risk getting a 660ti and having to upgrade in a year.