Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    That "the skins are optional" argument is getting old btw. Seriously, come up with a better argument.
    There is no other argument needed though!

comes to mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm probably gonna ignore all this Halloween stuff until the Pumpkin King shows up, tbh.

Edit: Unless someone knows how to get the Pumpkin Cookies. Please tell me.
    Spicy Pumpkin Cookie recipe obtainable from Candy Corn Vendor near cooking station.
    Got a couple cookies from holiday mob drops, but they are pretty rare as I farmed rather extensively for a couple hours.

Not a big deal though, 30% Magic Find and +70 Condition, Omnomberry treats give the same stats.
    Valar morghulis

Thanks.

I thought it might be more like the morale boost of the old pumpkin cookies. I like regen foods a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by GW2 Twitter
    We've made an update to our newest patch notes–the finale is October 28th, not the 31st: http://ow.ly/eHUxJ ~RB2
    FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! I won't be able to get online that day.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed an issue when the ghost wasn’t visible during the first stage of Scavenger Hunt in Lion’s Arch
    ./facepalm

Well that's why my experience, How to Lose Candy Corn in 10 Ways was going on last night. Eff me.

Deleted
    this is only act 1

there are still more to come over the days

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of detail Anet put into the event is amazing. There are even ghost dolyaks is WvW. The trick or treating kids in LA are awesome. I am a bit disappointed that they took away bag farm though.

Deleted
    trebuchets shoot flaming pumpkins and cannons shoot toiletpaper ;p

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 09:55 PM ----------

http://soundcloud.com/maclaine/sets/...halloween-2012

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 09:59 PM ----------

http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/halloween/

I found this rather interesting teaser while following the clue on the item you receive after completing the Mad King's book. http://i.imgur.com/zXNq0.jpg

If you use the Scan Corporeal Field from the Candy-Powered Matter Meter in the graveyard/ruins on the hill outside Ascalon Settlement you'll see one of the interactable Suspicious Locations appear, but trying to interact gives you that message.

Deleted
    yeah after a while we'll be able to enter the mad king's realm >

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna gamble and get nice money? open black lion chests, the skins sell quite high IF you manage to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    At the moment the droprate of skins from the BLC is absolutely terrible, theres various reports of people getting 80 chests ect and having no skins or only 1. I myself have tried about 5 keys and am actually getting less drops than before. I wouldnt waste any keys until they fix this or if its intended then Im calling out ANet as a bunch of scammers.
    This is exactly why I haven't used any keys yet (even though I only have 4 saved up), just in case they ended up increasing the drop rate. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This is exactly why I haven't used any keys yet (even though I only have 4 saved up), just in case they ended up increasing the drop rate. :P
    They are not going to change it I can guarantee it. Too many players have been screwed over if they change it now it will be a big slap in the face and I doubt Anet want's to give them free stuff to compromise for that change.

Sorry but this event labled them as the "accidental" scammers in my book. :/

They could of done a million other things and still make the skins rare, but they choose to put it in the worst way possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... so far into the event, it's just trick or treating and costumes? I got a bunch of Candy Corn and nothing to do with them. But since it's only act 1, this makes sense. Am I missing anything major?

Also, worth noting. Why is all of this cool gear town clothing only? It's a real pain. Where's all the clothing for in battle use? I bought the Krytan armor right away because it was cool for in battle use. Everything else is just not. So bizarre.
    Last edited by Ken_Silver; 2012-10-24 at 01:10 AM.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Well there is the short scavenger hunt (using the machine they give you). Costume brawling, crafting with the candy corn, pumpkin carving, and gambling with BL chests. That's it so far, should be a bit more tomorrow when phase 2 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The witch costume for a male sylvari necro is the coolest damn set in the game, so ill sympathise with you on that! T_T
    I just bought the witch costume today, it's AMAZING!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I just bought the witch costume today, it's AMAZING!!
    Make it so we can wear it in battle and AreaNet can take my money. Until they do I'll hold on to my gems.

I want YOU to take my money. But I haven't warmed up to buying gear we can't use in battle. :/

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    Make it so we can wear it in battle and AreaNet can take my money. Until they do I'll hold on to my gems.

I want YOU to take my money. But I haven't warmed up to buying gear we can't use in battle. :/
    Costume brawls are legit though lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Ok the new jumping puzzle in fireheart is AMAZING. God it is better then most dungeons.

The jumping puzzle in malestorm is aesthetically amazing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Costume brawls are legit though lol
    costume brawls are the shit!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    So... so far into the event, it's just trick or treating and costumes? I got a bunch of Candy Corn and nothing to do with them. But since it's only act 1, this makes sense. Am I missing anything major?
    Candy Corn is needed if you care for any mystic forging, you'll need a crapton to craft the new weapons.

Also, worth noting. Why is all of this cool gear town clothing only? It's a real pain. Where's all the clothing for in battle use? I bought the Krytan armor right away because it was cool for in battle use. Everything else is just not. So bizarre.

I'll assume because they're costumes, for Halloween, not uniforms, like superheroes would wear in combat. Still pretty fun, greatest thing ever doing a jumping puzzle on your broom, can sometimes increase the difficulty of some jumps, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ok the new jumping puzzle in fireheart is AMAZING. God it is better then most dungeons.

The jumping puzzle in malestorm is aesthetically amazing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 02:47 AM ----------

costume brawls are the shit!

Which waypoints? I'm dieing to know, or are they very obvious once I enter the zone?